Samsung Galaxy Book 2 is a stylish and portable laptop from Samsung manufacturers. The laptop has a Core i5 12th Gen processor based on Windows 11 Home. It has several additional features to easily try to make your work easier. Overall, this Samsung Galaxy Book 2 laptop is an excellent choice for performance, compatibility, and features. But, sometimes, the laptop is stuck in some minor issues.
Unfortunately, Galaxy users experience the keyboard not working on their Galaxy Book 2 laptop, and they don’t know why. A keyboard is essential for performing activities, making documents and more. However, if you’re having an issue with the laptop keyboard, you can easily solve them if there is any software issue or glitches. But regarding defective hardware issues, you must visit the local repair shop or contact manufacturers.
- What Reasons is Keyboard Not Working on Samsung Galaxy Book 2 Laptop?
- Samsung Galaxy Book 2 Keyboard Not Working, How to Fix?
- Final Words
What Reasons is Keyboard Not Working on Samsung Galaxy Book 2 Laptop?
The Samsung Galaxy Book 2 Keyboard not working issue is caused by various reasons, but users don’t know what caused it with the keyboard laptop. These are not working keyboard issues are frustrating for several users. Here are some possible reasons includes:
Incorrect Keyboard Settings: If your keyboard settings are incorrect, the device keyboard won’t work anymore. You have to change or correct the keyboard settings on your Samsung Galaxy Book 2 laptop.
Battery Issue: The low battery is another main reason for the keyboard not working. If your laptop battery is low, the keyboard may stop working as usual to conserve battery.
Outdated Drivers: If the driver is outdated or corrupted on the laptop, the keyboard won’t be able to work anymore.
Hardware Defective: It’s also possible that the laptop has some physical damage which causes the keyboard not to work anymore. Hardware defects are the main reason for them not working the keyboard properly.
Samsung Galaxy Book 2 Keyboard Not Working, How to Fix?
If you’re addressing an issue with the keyboard on the Samsung Galaxy Book 2 laptop, you don’t need to be embarrassed. Thankfully, there are some possible methods which you can take to solve your keyboard not working issue easily without any gimmicks. So, without going to delay, let’s get started.
Fix 1: Clean Your Galaxy Book 2 Keyboard
The first and easier way to solve the keyboard issue is to clean your laptop keyboard. Sometimes, dust or debris particles might be the reason for the unresponsive keyboard, and that’s the main reason for all time. But you can easily clean your laptop keyboard using the air blower or vacuum cleaner. The fast air will quickly remove the debris particles from the keyboard, and you will be able to use your laptop keyboard again.
Fix 2: Restart Your Device
Another possible method to solve the keyboard not working issue on the laptop is to restart your device. It’s possible the keyboard won’t work due to software glitches or issues and restarting the device might help solve the problem. Here’s how you can restart your Samsung Galaxy Book 2 laptop:
- Press and hold the power button for a few seconds until the laptop turns off and then release the power button.
- Wait for a few minutes and hold the power button back to turn on the device.
- Once the laptop is turned on, check if the keyboard works.
Fix 3: Toggle Filter Key
You can also try to disable the toggle filter key from the laptop’s settings. If the filter key is enabled on your Samsung laptop, the keyboard won’t be able to work anymore. Ensure to check the filter key toggle from the settings and disable it. Here’s how you can do this on your laptop settings:
- Open the Settings section on your Galaxy Book 2 laptop.
- Now select the Accessibility option.
- Here, you will find the Filter Key option, now choose it.
- If the Filter key is enabled, disable it by clicking on the toggle.
- If the Filter key is disabled, enable it by clicking on the toggle and checking if the keyboard works.
Fix 4: Update Your Keyboard Driver
The other main reason for the keyboard not working is an outdated or corrupted version of the keyboard driver. Sometimes, the update must be installed to the newest version for better performance. If you’re having an issue with the keyboard, try to update the keyboard driver to the latest version. Here’s how you can update your keyboard driver on your Samsung Galaxy Book 2 laptop:
- Open the start menu by clicking the windows icon on the screen and search for Device Manager to open it.
- Now expand the Keyboard section at the left of the screen.
- Right-click on the Standard PS/2 keyboard option and choose “Update driver.”
- A new window will appear on the screen; now select “Search automatically for drivers.”
- If a new driver for your keyboard appears on the screen, it will be updated and installed automatically.
- Finally, if the update is completed, restart your Samsung laptop and check your keyboard is working.
Fix 5: Run Keyboard Troubleshooter
You can also try running a keyboard troubleshooter to check for hardware defects and keyboard updates. Here’s how you can check for keyboard troubleshooter on your Samsung laptop:
- Open Settings on your Samsung laptop.
- Select System.
- Scroll down and select the Troubleshoot option.
- Now select the Other troubleshooter option.
- Now find the keyboard option, press Run, and wait for the troubleshooter to check for the issue.
- Once found, follow the on-screen instructions to install and restart the Samsung laptop.
Fix 6: Try Using a Virtual Keyboard
If you’re having a problem with the main keyboard of your laptop, try using a virtual keyboard with the help of a mouse or cursor. These might help you to do any activities using the virtual keyboard on the screen if the physical keyboard doesn’t work properly. To enable the virtual keyboard on the screen, follow these steps:
- Open Settings on your Samsung laptop.
- Choose the Accessibility option.
- Scroll down and select the Keyboard section.
- You will be able to see the On-screen keyboard. Simply tap on the toggle to enable the virtual keyboard on the screen.
Note: If any particular keys are working on your Samsung laptop, you can enable the virtual keyboard on the screen by pressing the Windows key + Ctrl + O simultaneously to allow the On-screen keyboard.
Fix 7: Check for Hardware Defects
The last way is to check your keyboard for any technical or hardware defective issues. A hardware issue might be the leading cause for the not working keyboard properly on the laptop. If any hardware sign appears, try to contact the manufacturers or visit the repair center. You can also reset your laptop to check if the issue persists.
Fix 8: Contact Samsung Support
If all the methods fail to work, try to connect with the Samsung customer support team for more details. Customer support will help you to solve the keyboard not working issue easily. You can contact them by communicating by phone or email. Visit the official Samsung website and tap on the contact option; you can easily connect with them. In addition, you also visit the nearby Samsung service center for further assistance.
Hope the above methods help you to solve the keyboard not working issue on Samsung Galaxy Book 2 laptop. If the method doesn’t work, try connecting with the Samsung customer support team for further assistance. If you have any other questions related to this, comment down, and we will try to help you.