Microsoft’s GroupMe is a simple but useful chatting app. It is the most popular among college kids as it gives access to phone book contacts, which means your friends can reply via SMS; they don’t need to download and use the app to reply.
GroupMe is also available for iOS as well as Android users. The only demand of the GroupMe users was that it didn’t have a dark mode for Windows 10. Finally, Microsoft listened to its users’ requests and introduced a dark mode in the latest version of GroupMe. If you are excited to try out the new dark mode on your GroupMe chat group, then follow this step by step tutorial given below.
Remember that dark mode is only available in the new version, 220.127.116.11 of GroupMe. So, if you want to try out dark mode, you have to update your GroupMe app. You can update it directly from your Windows 10 computer. You can also go to the Microsoft Store, search for GroupMe. Then, you download the available updates from the Microsoft Store and install GroupMe on your Windows 10 computer.
Steps for Switching to the Dark Mode in GroupMe for Windows 10:
After you update your GroupMe app to the latest version, follow these steps to set the dark mode for GroupMe.
- Open the GroupMe app on your Windows 10 computer.
- Select the Gear icon in the bottom left corner of the screen to open the Settings.
- Click on the App Theme option.
- Open the drop-down menu by clicking on the down arrow.
- Select “Dark.”
- A pop-up message will ask you to restart the application to set the new theme.
- You have to close the GroupMe application and launch it again.
- Now, you are ready to use the dark-themed GroupMe.
Set dark mode on GroupMe by changing the system theme to dark:
When you change your Windows 10 PC theme to dark mode, GroupMe automatically changes to dark mode. Follow these steps to set your system theme to dark.
- Type “dark mode systemwide” in the search bar.
- Click on the first search result.
- In the left pane, choose Colors.
- In the right pane, click on the Change your color option.
- From the drop-down menu, select Dark.
- Your Windows theme is now switched into the dark mode.
- By default, the GroupMe application will also change to dark mode.
The wait is over now. With the latest update of GroupMe, you have a dark mode. You must give it a try once for the experience and see if you like it. Many people prefer dark mode to light mode. The dark mode is good for your eyes, and it also extends battery life of your device.
If you are someone who often uses GroupMe to chat with friends, you should definitely try out the dark mode. And to do so, you can follow our guide to set the dark mode in the GroupMe application for your Windows 10 computer. We hope this article was helpful. If you have any doubts or feedback, please write down the comment in the comment box.