Have you faced the SIM not provisioned error when you insert a SIM card into your android device? You get the error message when you try to make a call or send a text.
This means your device doesn’t accept the SIM card. As a result, you can’t calls or send messages from the number that the SIM card bears. I have explained in this guide, why this problem occurs and what you can do to fix it.
What exactly Causes SIM Not Provisioned Error?
When a SIM card is inserted into your device and it is not able to register with its designated tele-carrier then this error may happen. Secondly, if for some reason the carrier has blocked your access to their network then SIM not provisioned error will show.
Geographical factors can also contribute to the SIM card not provisioned error. If your tele-carrier is only providing its service within one country and if you are out of the country, then being out of coverage area you will face the SIM card not provisioned error.
How to Fix SIM Not Provisioned Error?
Here are some of the working troubleshooting techniques that will help you to fix the issue. A basic solution is to try rebooting your Android device. Often restarting a device fixes up the issues relating to the network.
Switch between Airplane mode
It is a very common solution often implemented to fix connectivity issues with the carrier.
- go to the pull-down Notification Center on your android device
- Tap on the flight mode/airplane mode button to activate it
- Wait for a minute
- Then tap on the flight mode button to disable it
- Now check whether you can connect to the carrier or not
Wipe off your SIM card
Yes, this is another old method often used when network connectivity issues persist or the SIM card does not show the network.
- switch off your phone
- Eject the SIM card from its slot
- Use a soft cloth and gently wipe on the golden surface of the SIM card.
- Do it for no more than 30 to 45 seconds
- If the SIM card tray is removable then I suggest wiping that as well but again do it gently
- Put it in the SIM card in the tray and insert it in the slot
The SIM card slot may have compromised hardware
If the SIM card slot or the SIM tray holder has loose connectivity then the SIM card won’t fit in properly. It will result in the SIM card not provisioned error.
To know if the SIM card slot has a problem eject the SIM card from the current slot and try to insert the same SIM card in another smartphone.
Check if on the other smartphone the connectivity issue also persists after inserting the SIM card in its slot. If there is no message “SIM not provisioned” then there is no problem with the SIM card on your tele-carrier network.
Rather in the first phone, there is a problem with the SIM card slot. So, go to your phone’s official service center and get the SIM slot or SIM card tray fixed.
Update Carrier Services App to Fix SIM Not Provisioned Error
There is a system app that manages the functioning of tele-carrier services. Normally, the system apps auto-update but you can also manually update them.
- Open Settings app
- Tap on Apps & Notifications
- Go to See All Apps
- Tap on the 3-dot button on the right corner of the display
- Select Show System
- Now the System Apps will show up
- Navigate to CarrierDefaultApp (the name of this app would be different on different devices)
- There may be an option to open the app in the Play Store
- Upon opening in Google Play Store the will be an option Update. Tap on it to initiate the update installation (if an update is available)
Note: In the latest Android devices, this option may not be there as these system apps update on their own.
Contact the Support Team of Tele-Carrier
If non of the above troubleshooting method works, then contact the respective tele-carrier company whose SIM card you are using on your Android device. Their support team will help you out.
So, that’s all about how to fix the SIM not provisioned error causing network connectivity issues on your Android device. Let me know which methods fixed the issue for you.