Snapchat has evolved a lot from its initial stage as now it offers many features to its users. Muting other’s messages is one of them. This allows to mute annoying messages without blocking them. But what if someone has muted me on Snapchat? Is there any way to find out?. Well, read on to find out more.
Snapchat is an American social media app and unlike other apps, the key feature of Snapchat is the messages are only accessible for a certain amount of time for the recipient. This made the app very popular, and many people use this just because of the many features it offers like filters, etc.
How to find if someone muted you on Snapchat
Actually, there is no way you can surely say that someone muted you on Snapchat. There are no clear indications or signs on the chat windows to show you that the person has muted you. But it’s only on your instinct that you can find out.
- If the person is still on your list, that means he did not block you.
- The person is not responding to you for a long time, and there is a clear chance that your chat is “mute.”
- If the messages you send only get “delivered” and never get the “opened” status, then you can say all your messages are not getting opened, and it may be a sign of him or her muting your chat.
So as you can see, these symptoms may indicate that the person muted your chat. But you cannot say clearly until you take a peek at their end (which is not appropriate to do).
Blocking vs. Muting
As I mentioned above, if the person is still on your chat list, that means that he did not block you. Because blocking and muting are entirely different things. Muting stops notifying your messages to the person. This means you still can send messages to them, and they can respond if they check your messages.
But if they blocked you, they will disappear from your chat, and you can no longer send or receive messages to or from them. This means that you can no longer interact with them by any means. Snapchat provides many privacy features like this. For instance, we have Do not disturb along with mute and block.
So as you can see, you cannot directly find out if someone blocked you on Snapchat. But some signs can help you to get an idea. But then again, you cannot trust them too. Because the person just could be ignoring you. The best bet is to wait it out. Let them look and get back to you. But if you have a chance to talk to them directly, don’t hesitate to use the chance. And again, don’t repeat the same mistake that made the person to mute you in the first place. Remember to be polite and have some respect for others.
- How To Find Your Server IP Address In Minecraft
- Fix: Bumble Keeps Crashing On Android Phone
- How To Accept Bits and Set Up Donations on Twitch
- How To Find Deleted Friends In The Snapchat App
- Share Tweets to Snapchat on iPhone and Android
- How to view Media Exchanged on Someone Else’s Account
- What Does WRD Mean on Snapchat?
- What Does “Ignored From Added Me” Mean On Snapchat?