Here we have shared the files to download and install Stock Firmware on Himedia Q5 Pro TV Box which is powered by the HiSilicon HI3798CV200 processor. Himedia Q5 Pro TV Box comes packed with 2GB RAM and 8GB ROM. The device came out of the box with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and recently upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat. If you are looking for Himedia Q5 Pro TV Box Stock Firmware, then you are in the right place.
Don’t worry, you know sometimes things do not go too well with Android Box TV. One of the easiest and quick fixes for most of the issues on the Android Box TV is just installing Stock ROM on Himedia Q5 Pro TV Box. So, today, in this post, we would be covering on How to Install Himedia Q5 Pro TV Box Stock Firmware. Now, if that sounds interesting, let us top into it. Should we?
- Hi3798CV200 CPU with quad-core is rapid and stable, it can give you high-speed feedback and smooth response
- Android 5.1.1: comparing to the former version, people can easily install or uninstall applications and games
- Dual-band WiFi: 2.4G plus 5.0G can improve the speed which can implement multi-task
- 1000M LAN can improve the net speed and the performance to a large extent
- The remote control is powered by 2 x AAA batteries ( not included )
Advantages of Installing Stock ROM
Here are some of the advantages of installing stock ROM on your Himedia Q5 Pro TV Box:
- You can unbrick your bricked device.
- Fix the boot loop issue by installing the Stock ROM.
- To upgrade or downgrade.
- To fix bugs lags on your Android Device.
- This Software Update helps to solve the issue with WiFi, Bluetooth and more.
Package Name: Himedia Q5 Pro HMD-2.1.1 2018-12-24.15222 package
Device Model: Himedia Q5 Pro TV Box
File Size: 689 MB
Processor: HiSilicon HI3798CV200 CPU
Android OS: 5.1.1 Lollipop / 7.0 Nougat
Build Number: HiSTBAndroidV6/Hi3798CV200/Hi3798CV200:7.0/HMD-2.1.1/2018-12-24.152220:eng/release-keys
So, now let us move on to the Himedia Q5 Pro TV Box Stock Firmware section. Should we?
Steps to Install Stock Firmware on Himedia Q5 Pro TV Box
Now, before we get straight to the Steps to Install Stock Firmware for Himedia Q5 Pro TV Box, let us take a look at some of the prerequisites.
- Please note that this guide will work only with the Himedia Q5 Pro TV Box.
- You should have a formatted USB drive or Pen Drive for this guide.
- Make sure that you turn on your TV Box until the installation process completes
Once you have the above prerequisites, you can proceed to Instructions to Install Himedia Q5 Pro TV Box Stock ROM.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any internal/external damages to the device that may happen while/after following this guide.
Instructions to Install:
Here are the instructions you need to follow in order to install Stock Firmware on Himedia Q5 Pro TV Box :
- First of all, download the 4 files containing update.zip, fastboot.bin, recovery.img, bootargs.bin
- Make sure to format your USB drive to FAT32 slot
- Now move it to the root directory of the USB drive.
- You need to connect your USB drive to the device using USB 2.0 Jack.
- Turn off the power on your TV box. Now on your Himedia Q5 Pro TV Box, you need to press the RST button and simultaneously power it on.
- You can release the RST button until the TV screen appears the prompt (the green android small robot animation icon) of being forced refresh/recovery system, the system will automatically complete the forced refresh/recovery system process. 4
- Please be patient, after the forced refresh/recovery system is completed, this machine will automatically restart.
- After the restart is completed, enjoy the new update.
Please do not turn off or cut off the power of this machine during the progress of upgrading, otherwise it may cause this machine can’t boot.
So that’s it guys, this was our take on How to Install Stock Firmware on Himedia Q5 Pro TV Box [Stock ROM Flash File]. We hope that you found this post useful. Let us know what do you guys think about it in the comments section down below.