TP-Link AC750 is a good option when you are looking to expand the Wi-Fi signal reach in your home or office. Despite having a good rating on e-commerce platforms, many users are reportedly facing issues with the TP-Link AC750 WiFi Extender where the device has stopped working. Are you also one of them facing a similar issue. Don’t worry, this guide will help you in fixing most of the issues on your TP-Link AC750 WiFi Extender.
There’s no sure-shot answer as to why your TP-Link AC750 WiFi Extender is not working. The reason could be a bad setup, a problem with the router, a problem with the ISP, etc. Before diving into the solutions, make sure that you’ve correctly set up the WiFi extender. Here’s how you can set up your TP-Link AC750 WiFi Extender.
- How to Set Up TP-Link AC750 WiFi Extender
- Here’s What to Do When TP-Link AC750 WiFi Extender Is Not Working
How to Set Up TP-Link AC750 WiFi Extender
There are three ways to set up the TP-Link AC750 WiFi Extender. You are free to use any method.
A. Using WPS Button
- Plug the TP-Link AC750 WiFi Extender into the wall socket. Make sure it is not placed too far from the router.
- Press and hold the WPS button on your main router for two seconds.
- Now, immediately press the WPS button on the WiFi Extender.
- On the router, the WPS LED should blink. If that’s not the case, repeat steps number 2 and 3 again until you see blinking light on the router’s WPS.
- In a couple of seconds, the WiFi extender will connect to the main router. The process may take up to 2 minutes.
- Check the wireless signal LED light on the WiFi extender. If it’s on, the range extender has been successfully connected.
- Now, disconnect the WiFi extender and put it in a proper place. Don’t worry, you don’t need to follow all the steps again. The range extender will automatically start working once you plug it into the wall socket.
B. Using a Phone or PC
- Plug your TP-Link AC750 WiFi Extender into the wall socket. Again, make sure that it is not placed far from the main router.
- Connect your mobile phone or computer and connect to the extender’s network.
- Open any web browser (Chrome, Firefox, or Safari) and type www.tplinkrepeater.net.
- Enter the password for the extender.
- Select your WiFi network from the list of available networks.
- Enter the WiFi password. Now, the WiFi extender will connect to the main router. It usually takes a couple of seconds.
C. Using the Tether App
- Connect the WiFi extender to the wall socket.
- Download the Tether app on your mobile phone.
- Now, connect to the Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Tether app and create a Tp-Link ID.
- You’ll see a list of available networks. Select your network and enter the WiFi password.
- The WiFi extender will now connect to the router.
After making sure that you’ve followed a proper way to connect your TP-Link AC750 WiFi Extender to the router, even if the extender does not work, follow these methods to fix the issue.
Here’s What to Do When TP-Link AC750 WiFi Extender Is Not Working
Check the Signal Strength & Internet Connection
The TP-Link extender might not be receiving a strong signal. It could be the reason why your range extender is failing to provide internet connectivity. Placing the range extender near the main router will fix this issue.
The second reason why the TP-Link AC750 WiFi Extender is not working is the problem with the internet connection. The main router might not be getting an internet connection from the ISP or the connection speed might be too slow that it is getting hard to access the internet on multiple devices. To rule out this possibility, connect a single device to the router and access the internet connection. A better approach is to use the ethernet cable to check the internet connection on your PC.
If you are not able to access the internet, either way, contact your ISP.
Reboot TP-Link Extender
A reboot does the trick many times. You should apply this method too here. To reboot the TP-Link AC750 WiFi Extender, simply plug out the extender from the wall outlet for 5-10 minutes, and plug it back. Check if the problem is solved.
Update Your Range Extender’s Firmware
Your TP-Link AC750 WiFi Extender could be running an outdated firmware version, which might be triggering many problems. Even if you don’t face any problems, you should keep the range extender’s firmware up-to-date.
Here’s how to update the firmware version on your TP-Link AC750 Range Extender:
- Download the latest firmware version for your WiFi extender by visiting www.tp-link.com/support website.
- Open http://tplinkrepeater.net on your phone or PC on which you’ve just downloaded the firmware.
- Go to Settings >> System Tools >> Firmware Upgrade.
- Click Browse and select the downloaded firmware file.
- Tap on UPGRADE to install the latest firmware version.
Reset Your TP-Link WiFi Extender
In case, none of the methods have worked out for you, you should try resetting your TP-Link AC750 WiFi Extender. If there are no hardware issues with your WiFi extender, this method should take it back to its normal state.
To reset your range extender, locate the reset button on your TP-Link and long-press the button for 2-3 seconds. You can use sharp objects to press and hold the button. After 2-3 seconds, release the button. The device will automatically reset and reboot.
Did you manage to fix the problem with your TP-Link AC750 Wi-Fi Extender? Share your thoughts in the comments below.