HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle is one of the budget line smartphone which comes with a 720P display and running with 3GB of RAM. If you planning to install any Custom OS or any mods, then you will have to Unlock Bootloader first. This guide is to help you Unlock Bootloader On HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle Smartphone. If you unlock the bootloader you may void the warranty.
Talking about the specs, HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle features a 5.5 inches display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels with Corning Gorilla Glass protection. It is powered by Octa-core Qualcomm MSM8928 Snapdragon 400 processor coupled with 3GB of RAM. The phone packs 32GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle comes with 13MP rear Camera with f/2.2 and 5MP front shooting camera. HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box and backed by 2700mAh battery. The handset supports dual sim with 4G in both slots. It comes with connectivity options such as Bluetooth, Wifi, USB OTG, 3G, and 4G.
By Unlocking Bootloader you can install TWRP, Flash Rooting Zip file or custom ROM on your phone. Read more What is unlocking below. Follow this guide on How to Unlock Bootloader On HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle. Try this only on HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle smartphone. This method to Unlock Bootloader On HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle is simple to follow. But please do read the steps below carefully.
What is Unlock Bootloader ?
A Bootloader is a code which runs when we turn on our device. This code initializes some hardware and then loads the kernel and ramdisk, and gets the boot process going. So this process is known as Bootloader. The same concept applies to all the technical stuff such as Laptop, PC, Smartphones and any such device. Every Android OEM manufacturers lock the bootloader even though it is an Open Source. So if you want to try any CUSTOM ROM, it is impossible to load the CUSTOM ROM without the Unlock Bootloader. So Manufacturer made a policy of making the smartphone with Unlocked Bootloader will void the warranty. They want you to stick with the Stock ROM. Unlock Bootloader allows you to Root your android smartphone, Flash TWRP and Custom ROM in a simple easy method.
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%
- Go to htcdev.com and Sign up/Register. (You can log in if you already have a Username and Password)
- You will Lose warranty if you unlock the bootloader, So prepare for it.
- Unlock Bootloader may wipe all your data, So make sure to Backup your Smartphone.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.
What Do You Need ?
- Download Minimal ADB Tool or Download the Full ADB setup for Windows / Mac here
- Download HTC Drivers
- Links to Download Fastboot binary for your OS using the following links:
Platform Download Size (bytes) Checksum Fastboot binary, Linux
(Unzip the file before executing)
fastboot 61887 ffd3b02cdf9aa7609462e3957663d238 Fastboot binary, OS X
(Unzip the file before executing)
fastboot-mac 59071 0b3e2a8c5cfeb7c23b362483b93f7dd6 Fastboot binary, Windows
(Unzip the file before executing)
fastboot-win 83753 a90c25141e306b3062dc8e47e14a1005
STEPS TO Unlock Bootloader On HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle
- First of all enable the Developer OptioTo Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Go back to settings -> Now you need to enable the OEM Unlock by going to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging
- Now in your PC/Laptop, open the website called HTCDev.com and Put in your Username and Password to login. If you don’t have login ID, you can register anytime.
- Once you logged in. Click the option Unlock Bootloader and click on “Get Started”.
- Now Select your device – HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle from the drop down (See Screenshot)
- Once you click on Unlock Bootloader button, you will get a pop to continue and agree the legal terms before proceeding to unlock.
- Download the ADB and Fastboot ZIP and Extract it on your computer
- Also Download HTC Drive from above download link and install it on your PC/ Laptop
- Download the Fastboot binary for your computer from HTC website or from above Download link of our website
- Extract the Downloaded Fastboot Binary to your PC
- Now connect your phone to Computer using USB Cable.
- When you connect your Phone to Computer, please wait until all the drivers get installed.
- Once your drivers are installed, make sure to move the adb fastboot (step 7) extracted files to the Downloaded Fastboot binary folder which you extracted in the step 9 and 10
- In your fastboot binary folder open a command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- Now type the command in your command window
If you see a pop up to allow USB Debugging on your phone, Click OK
- Now type the command below to reboot your phone to bootloader
adb reboot bootloader
Once your phone reboot into bootloader, make sure your phone shows the bootloader locked with security S-ON if it shows then type the command below to make sure fastboot drivers are installed properly.
- This command will list the connected devices. If your phone’s serial number shows up you are good to go and may continue. If the phone is NOT listed this indicates that your drivers are not installed correctly. In order for you to continue you must fix your drivers so that your phone is listed under fastboot devices.
- If the phone has been recognized by the command above, proceed to boot into bootloader by tapping down the volume down button on your phone and select the BOOT TO DOWNLOAD MODE option with power key. Now you can unlock the bootloader with the following command: Remember that this step will wipe EVERYTHING off the phone
fastboot oem get_identifier_token
- Now Copy the token from
<<<< Identifier Token Start >>>>with the line ended
<<<<< Identifier Token End >>>>>
(Note: Only copy the highlighted sections above. Do not copy the INFO or (bootloader) prefix)
- Now Paste this string of text into the token field in HTCDev website and hit Submit in order to receive your unlock code binary file. You will receive this information in your email.
- You will receive a email from HTCDev website. Download the attachment Unlock.bin from email and Click the link and proceed to unlock.
- Now move the downloaded Unlock.bin to the fastboot binary folder from the step 14
- In the Command window, type
fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
- Once you unlocked you will have a pop up screen on your phone
- Click Yes and Reboot.
- Click Enter and That’s it! Voila.! You have finally completed the steps to unlock bootloader on HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle.
I hope you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle. You can leave a comment if you have any queries or doubts. Now you can install TWRP Recovery on HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle.
THANK YOU SO MUCH THIS TUTORIAL IT’S VERY COMPLETE