The new Asus Zenfone 5/5Z was just unveiled at MWC in Barcelona, alongside the budget Zenfone Lite. Today we will guide you to Unlock Bootloader on Asus Zenfone 5/5Z (ZE620KL/ZS620KL) Smartphones. So before installing TWRP or any custom ROM, Asus Zenfone 5/5Z smartphones should be unlocked. So here is the full tutorial to Unlock Bootloader on Asus Zenfone 5/5Z Smartphone.
If you unlock the bootloader, your device’s warranty may be void. By Unlocking Bootloader you can install TWRP, Flash Rooting Zip file or custom ROM on your phone. Read more What is unlocking below. Follow this tutorial to Unlock Bootloader on Asus Zenfone 5/5Z (ZE620KL/ZS620KL). Try this only on Asus Zenfone 5/5Z smartphone. This method to unlock the bootloader on Asus Zenfone 5/5Z is simple to follow. But please do read the steps below carefully.
- 1 Asus Zenfone 5Z specifications:
- 2 How To Unlock Bootloader On Asus Zenfone 5/5Z (ZE620KL/ZS620KL)
- 3 Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Asus Zenfone 5/5Z
Asus Zenfone 5Z specifications:
Asus Zenfone 5Z (ZS620KL) smartphone was launched in February 2018. The handset features a 6.20-inch display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2246 pixels. Asus Zenfone 5Z (ZS620KL) is powered by octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor and clubbed with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 2TB via a microSD card. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Asus Zenfone 5Z (ZS620KL) packs a 12-MP primary camera on the rear and an 8-MP front shooter for selfies. The Zenfone 5Z (ZS620KL) runs Android 8.0 and is powered by a 3300mAh.
How To Unlock Bootloader On Asus Zenfone 5/5Z (ZE620KL/ZS620KL)
Now you can unlock bootloader easily by following this simple tutorial to Unlock Bootloader on Asus Zenfone 5/5Z. Official Bootloader Unlock for Asus Zenfone 5/5Z will also void the device warranty. So if you planning to unlock bootloader on Asus Zenfone 5/5Z, then it's always better to wait until your warranty gets over. In case if you have unlocked the bootloader, then you can always relock the bootloader on your device anytime.
What is Unlock Bootloader?
A Bootloader is a code which runs when we turn on our device. This code initializes some hardware and then loads the kernel and ramdisk, and gets the boot process going. So this process is known as Bootloader. The same concept applies to all the technical stuff such as Laptop, PC, Smartphones and any such device. Every Android OEM manufacturers lock the bootloader even though it is an Open Source. So if you want to try any CUSTOM ROM, it is impossible to load the CUSTOM ROM without the Unlock Bootloader. So Manufacturer made a policy of making the smartphone with Unlocked Bootloader will void the warranty. They want you to stick with the Stock ROM. Unlock Bootloader allows you to Root your Android smartphone, Flash TWRP and Custom ROM in a simple easy method.
Also Related Post:
- Common Asus Zenfone 5/5Z Problems and Fixes - Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- Download WW-15/5Z.0615/5Z.1803.60 Update for Asus ZenFone 5/5Z (ZE620KL)
- Download WW-15/5Z.0616.1804.20 FOTA Firmware Update for ZenFone 5/5Z (ZE620KL)
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that. By doing this, you will loose the warranty and sometime if you dont read the steps and do something wrong or if any thing goes wrong and you end up bricking your device then neither we are responsible or any of these app developers will be responsible. So read carefully and do it at your own risk.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Asus Zenfone 5/5Z
There are two methods to unlock the bootloader on Asus Zenfone 5/5Z. The first method is to unlock the bootloader using the official Asus Bootloader unlock app. The second one is the unofficial method which we don't recommend trying!
What you need:
- This Update is only for Asus Zenfone 5/5Z users.
- Supported Model are: ZE620KL/ZS620KL
- You need Laptop or PC.
- Working USB Cable.
- Charge your phone to at least 70% Battery.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have Asus USB drivers installed.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tools.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Download bootloader unlock app for Zenfone 5 ZE620KL || Zenfone 5Z ZS620KL
First method: Unlock bootloader using official Unlock App
- First of all, Go to this link and download the bootloader unlock app.
- Now select the OS: Android
- Now in the utilities section, you will find the Unlock Device APP for Unlock bootloader. Download the app.
- Now move the downloaded app to your phone and install it.
- To Unlock the bootloader, follow the instructions given in the app.
- That's it! Your device bootloader will be unlocked successfully.
First method: Unlock bootloader using fastboot method
- First of all, you need to download all the required files.
- Now enable the USB Debugging on your phone.
- Now extract the downloaded ADB Fastboot tools to a new folder "ADB Fastboot tools" (or any name you like.)
- Now Open the CMD Window (Command Window) on your PC from the ADB Fastboot folder by pressing and holding Shift + Right mouse click.
- You can now connect your phone to PC using USB Cable.
- Next step is to boot your phone to bootloader/fastboot by either by following the below two methods. (you can try any of the methods)
1st Method ----> First Turn off your phone and wait for 4-5/5Z second after the screen goes off. Press and hold Power and Volume Up buttons together until you see anything on the screen. That’s it.
2nd Method -----> In the same CMD window, you can enter this command: (for this method you need to connect your phone to PC using USB Cable)
- Now obtain the Unlock key, enter the command given below in the command window:
echo > key.txt
- Now Unlock the bootloader by entering the command
fastboot oem get_unlock_key key.txt
- That's it! You have Unlocked Bootloader on Asus Zenfone 5/5Z ZE620KL/ZS620KL. Enjoy!
- Now reboot your bootloader again to confirm whether your bootloader has been unlocked. To check, enter the command
- It will show, Unlocked. Now you can boot your phone by either by entering the command given below or by just pressing and holding the power key for few seconds.
- Now you can enjoy the power to install TWRP Recovery or any mods on your Zenfone 5/5Z.