Virgin Media, the broadband and TV provider, launched a new set-top box. This TV box works very similarly to its predecessor, the V6 box, and allows you to watch TV in several rooms, record shows, and catch up on what you missed. It offers many handy features and focuses on the accessibility of viewers.
However, families can add their accounts to the Virgin Box to watch the shows they are most interested in through different profiles. Aside from that, the algorithm will only suggest shows that suit the viewer’s preferences. Additionally, TV viewers, mobile users, and tablet users will have the same minimal User Interface across all devices.
But, unfortunately, the Virgin Box HDMI is not working, due to which users are facing many problems right now. That’s the reason why we are here. In this guide, you will learn how to fix the Virgin Box HDMI not working. So, let’s get started with the fixes.
Why is My Virgin Box HDMI Not Working?
You might have a problem with your box, as this is the most common cause. The situation may also be caused by a malfunction in your box if the connections are loose or if the box is malfunctioning in extreme cases. You don’t need to panic; we can help you identify your problem and provide the best solution.
- When you have an issue with your account, it means that there is not enough money in your TV box. It might be impossible for you to view or operate your channels if you do not have sufficient balance. The Virgin Media website allows you to recharge your box and choose an appropriate plan.
- There might be a problem with the connection between your TV and Box, which prevents you from viewing content on your television. Make sure HDMI and sound cables are connected.
- The signal can be disrupted during bad weather. There may be a problem with the router picking up signals, and you won’t be able to view anything.
How To Fix Virgin Box HDMI Not Working
Hence, here are some solutions to Virgin Box HDMI not working issue. Therefore, in case you find that you are also facing this issue, make sure to perform the fixes mentioned below:
Fix 1: Reboot your Router
Try this first whenever the device seems to be frozen during startup or when you encounter a problem. It is best to restart or Power Cycle the Virgin Box in order to fix the Virgin Box HDMI is not working issue. Here are the procedures you need to follow.
- You need to remove the wire that connects the router.
- Make sure the router is turned off.
- Thereafter, make sure all the wires are correctly connected.
- Connect the wire and turn on the router
- After the router has gained power and turned on, it will take between 5 and 10 minutes to function fully.
Make sure you take a photo of it before unplugging it so you can easily plug it back in. Plug the cables back into the wall and make sure you hear a clicking sound. It is an indication that the cable has been properly plugged in when you hear the Click sound.
Check to see if the problem has been resolved by turning on your Virgin Box. You can enjoy watching your shows if the problem has been fixed, or you can attempt the other steps which are suggested below if it has not been resolved.
Fix 2: Hard Drive Assessment
Hard drives may malfunction, so you will have to replace them if the Virgin Box HDMI is not working. These steps will guide you through replacing the hard drive.
- To begin with, unplug the box.
- Then, use a Torx screw to remove the screw at the back of the box.
- You will need to flip it over and remove the base screw.
- You can now remove the Hard Drive along with the plastic cover.
- In the next step, remove the screws that hold the case and the drive together.
- Remove the new hard drive and assemble it in the same way as you did from the beginning in reverse order.
You can capture a picture or video during this step, be sure to do so. Reassemble the new hard drive correctly so that you will be able to use it.
Immediately after setting up the new hard drive, you will have to delete all recordings and other items that were previously stored there. It will also allow the box to start over from scratch by reassembling a new hard drive. With this update, the Virgin Box will now boot up without any issues when you turn it on.
Fix 3: Check All The Cables
It is essential to check the cables or connections that are connected at the back of your Virgin Box for errors. It is possible that the wires do not work properly sometimes. Make sure all cables are securely connected, including power, HDMI, coaxial, and Ethernet cables.
Additionally, it is essential to ensure the wires are in good condition. It’s best to replace them if they’re damaged. However, ensure that your cables are connected correctly, and then try turning on your Virgin Box again.
Fix 4: Ethernet Cable
The Virgin Box must be connected to the Ethernet cable properly. To ensure there is no issue with WiFi, you should also connect the Ethernet cable to the box in the back if you use the WiFi feature. The ethernet cable needs to be connected to the box by following these steps.
- Initially, you will need an Ethernet cable to connect the hub to your computer.
- Connect the box to it now.
- It is also possible to use the Network Switch if you have a short wire. In order to extend the Ethernet cable, the Network switch is used.
Alternatively, you can try connecting the Virgin Box via the Ethernet cable included in the package. It also allows you to identify whether or not the Ethernet Cable is working correctly. This will fix the Virgin Box HDMI not working issue.
Fix 5: Check If The System is Down
It is not possible for you to do anything if the main line is down. The first thing you can do to determine whether the system is down is to search online about it or check out a down detector. I would suggest contacting the helpline and asking them how long the restoration process would take.
Fix 6: Check Your TV
In some cases, it is not the router that is causing the Virgin Box HDMI not working problem, but your TV. To begin with, you can check that the HDMI mode has been set correctly. It is usually possible to change the source of the TV by using the “source” button found on most remote controls. Your Virgin TV box will be connected if the source is HDMI 1. If the source is port one, change it to HDMI 1, and your TV box will connect.
Fix 7: Check the Cables
There will be an error on the TV box if there are any loose wires. It is important to ensure the HDMI and sound cables are appropriately connected. You can look at the wires if your box needs to be rebooted. The setup box will be lit with a white light after a reboot once the TV is turned back on. However, the presence of an ambient light indicates that either the TV box or the cables have an error.
Fix 8: Call The Customer Care
Virgin Media TV’s customer service helpline should be called if nothing works. The technician can even visit your home to examine your router and set up the box if necessary. They will provide you with appropriate solutions to your Virgin Box HDMI is not working problem.
So, that’s how to fix the Virgin Box HDMI not working issue. It is our hope that this guide has been helpful to you. However, for any further questions or queries, comment below and let GDT team know.