During the first week of December 2021, Call of Duty: Warzone Season One has been released called Warzone Pacific along with the Call of Duty: Vanguard integration that offers all-new weapons, new maps, and more. However, it’s quite common for the Call of Duty titles to have multiple bugs and errors from the beginning or after receiving patch updates whatsoever. If you’re also facing the same issue then you can fix COD Warzone Pacific Black Screen on PC.
Due to the online battle royale game mode for the first-ever in the Call of Duty series, it seems that plenty of players is jumping into it as a free-to-play part of 2019’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare game. According to multiple reports, some players are facing the black screen issue during the gameplay all of a sudden with the sound or background music on which is weird. Although there isn’t a specific reason found yet, you can follow this guide to resolve it.
Fix: Warzone Pacific Black Screen on PC
It’s worth recommending to check out all the troubleshooting methods one by one until the problem has been fixed completely. Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Run the game as an Administrator
Make sure to run the game exe file as an administrator to avoid user account control regarding privilege issues. To do this:
- Right-click on the Call of Duty Warzone exe shortcut file on your PC.
- Now, select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Make sure to click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to checkmark it.
- Click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
2. Disable Full-Screen Optimizations
You should also disable the full-screen optimizations on the PC to check for the issue again.
- First, go to the Call of Duty Warzone game folder on your PC where it has been installed.
- Right-click on the CODWarzone.exe file and click on Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab > Uncheck the Enable Fullscreen Optimizations toggle.
- Click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
3. Check Graphics Driver Update
Ensure to check out the graphics driver update on your PC whether it’s outdated or not. If there is an outdated GPU driver present on the PC, it may conflict with some issues with the game launching or black screen. To check for the latest updates:
- Press Windows + X keys to open the Quick Link Menu.
- Now, click on Device Manager from the list > Double-click on Display adapters.
- Right-click on the dedicated graphics card that’s you’re using.
- Next, select Update driver > Choose to Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, the system will automatically download & install it.
- Once done, restart the computer to apply changes.
4. Update Call of Duty Warzone
If in case, you haven’t updated your COD Warzone game then you should follow the steps below to install the latest update. To do this:
- Open the Blizzard Battle.net desktop client on the PC.
- Click on the Blizzard logo on the top left corner.
- Go to Settings > Click on Game Install/Update.
- Scroll all the way down > Check that automatic updates are set to “Apply latest updates and download future patch data for recently played games”.
- Once selected, click on Done.
5. Reduce in-game Graphics Settings
You should try reducing the graphics settings from the game menu to ensure there is no graphical glitch or issue appearing on the PC. Mostly the in-game graphics menu might have incorrect or incompatible settings that can trigger black screen issues. Try lowering the graphics settings from the game menu to fix the graphical issues. It includes disabling V-Sync (Vertical Sync), Shadow effects, Anti-Aliasing, Field of View, display resolution, etc.
6. Repair Game Files
Mostly corrupted or missing game files on the Windows computer might gonna trigger several issues with the game launching or black screen whatsoever. So, repairing the game files might gonna fix the issue completely.
- Open the Battle.net client on your computer > Head over to the library and click on COD Warzone.
- Click on Options > Select Scan and Repair > Choose to Start Scan.
- Wait for the process to get completed and then you’ll be able to play the game properly. Make sure to reboot the client to apply changes immediately.
7. Disable GPU overclocking
If you’re using the overclocked GPU on your PC then make sure to disable the overclocking feature via the MSI Afterburner or other GPU tweaking programs. By restoring the graphics card to the default clock speed might gonna help you to easily fix the black screen issue with the Warzone Pacific game.
8. Disable Windows Firewall
If none of the methods worked for you then you can disable Windows Firewall on the PC to fix the black screen issue. Sometimes the security program might gonna block ongoing connections or prevent the game executable file to run properly.
- Click on the Start Menu > Type firewall.
- Select Windows Defender Firewall from the search result.
- Now, click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the left pane.
- A new page will open > Select the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) option for both the Private & Public Network Settings.
- Once selected, click on OK to save changes.
- Finally, restart your computer to apply changes.
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.