In today’s smartphones, WiFi is one of the most important features. Using it, you can access online content, stay connected to your loved ones, and communicate without hassle. It is possible, however, that you may experience WiFi issues on your smartphone from time to time. You may have experienced WiFi connectivity issues while using a Realme 10 Pro or 10 Pro+. This article will explain how to fix the Realme 10 Pro and 10 Pro+ WiFi not working issue.
Why is WiFi Not Working on Realme 10 Pro and 10 Pro+?
If WiFi is not working with your Realme 10 Pro or 10 Pro+, there may be several reasons behind it. Here are a few common reasons:
- You may be having WiFi connectivity problems because of your router. Outdated firmware or configuration problems on the router could cause it.
- There may be interference with your WiFi connection if you are in an area with many electronic devices.
- You may need to adjust its settings if your smartphone has network issues. It is possible that your WiFi connection will not work if you have changed the network settings.
- You may be able to restrict background services on your smartphone thanks to battery optimization features. You may experience poor connectivity if you enable the WiFi app’s battery optimization.
- It is possible that WiFi connectivity may not work if your firmware is outdated.
- Sometimes, the problem could be with your smartphone’s hardware, such as a damaged WiFi module.
How to Fix WiFi Not Working on Realme 10 Pro and 10 Pro+
You can follow several steps to fix WiFi connectivity issues on your Realme 10 Pro or 10 Pro+.
Fix 1: Restart Your Router
One simplest and most effective ways to fix WiFi connectivity problems is to restart your router. This procedure resets the router’s connection and resolves any temporary problems. To restart your router, follow these steps:
- Your router’s power cord needs to be unplugged from the power source.
- Make sure to wait at least 10-15 seconds before connecting the power cord again.
- You can turn on your router by pressing the power button after plugging in the power cord.
- Once the router boots up and establishes a connection, wait for a few minutes.
- Connect to the WiFi network after the router is up and running using your smartphone.
When the router is restarted, connectivity problems, slow speeds, or dropped connections will be resolved temporarily.
Fix 2: Check For Signal interference
One of the most common causes of WiFi connectivity problems is signal interference. It occurs when radio waves from electronic devices in the area interfere with WiFi signals. Consequently, the signal may become weaker, leading to slower connections or even disconnections. There are several sources of signal interference, including:
- To interfere with the WiFi signal, microwaves emit radio waves. You may be experiencing signal interference if you have a microwave oven near your router.
- In some cases, cordless phones can interfere with WiFi because they use the same frequency band. Your cordless phone might interfere with your router’s signal if you have one nearby.
- Also, wireless earbuds can interfere with WiFi signals by emitting radio waves.
- It’s possible your network’s signal could be interfered with by another WiFi network in the same area.
If you feel your router’s WiFi signal is being interfered with, you might try changing its broadcast channel. In the router’s settings, you can select a less congested channel. By doing this, the interference will be reduced, and the signal strength will be improved.
If the source of interference is not close enough to the router, it can be moved to another location. Increasing the signal strength is key to reducing interference and increasing signal strength.
Fix 3: Check The Network Settings
When you are having WiFi connectivity issues with your smartphone, it may be helpful to reset the network settings. With this process, you’ll be able to start fresh with a new connection by erasing all WiFi networks and network settings from your phone. To reset the network settings on your Realme 10 Pro or 10 Pro+, follow these steps:
- Firstly, open the settings app on your smartphone and navigate to the “General” section.
- Tap “Backup & Reset” in the “General” section.
- Click the “Reset network settings” option under the “Backup & Reset” section.
- If you choose to proceed, you will see a warning message asking you to confirm. To reset, tap “Reset.”
- It will take a few seconds for the phone to reset the network settings. Please wait until the process is complete.
- Go back to the WiFi settings and try connecting to the network once you’ve completed the process.
It is possible to eliminate any temporary bugs or issues causing WiFi connectivity issues by resetting the network settings. You may find this helpful solution if you recently changed your network settings or installed a software update that may have caused the problem.
Fix 4: Reset Network Settings
You can resolve issues with WiFi connectivity on your Realme 10 Pro or 10 Pro+ by resetting the network settings. Your phone will be erased of all WiFi networks and other network settings saved on it, allowing you to begin fresh. Here’s how to reset your smartphone’s network settings:
- Initially, open the settings app on your smartphone and select “General.”
- Go to the “General” section and tap “Backup & Reset.”
- Choose “Reset network settings” from the “Backup & Reset” section.
- You will receive a warning message asking for confirmation. To reset, tap “Reset.”
- It will take a few seconds for the phone to reset the network settings. Allow the process to finish.
- After the process is complete, return to the WiFi settings and try to connect again.
You can resolve any temporary bugs or issues by resetting your WiFi connection settings. This solution will be especially helpful if your network settings or software have recently been updated.
Fix 5: Disable Battery Optimization
It may be helpful to disable battery optimization on your Realme 10 Pro or 10 Pro+ to resolve WiFi connectivity issues. You can optimize you by using a feature called battery optimization your smartphone’s battery life. This feature, however, can sometimes interfere with WiFi connections. Here’s how to disable your smartphone’s battery optimization:
- Navigate to the “Battery & Performance” section of the settings app on your smartphone.
- On the “Battery & Performance” page, click “Battery optimization.”
- You will need to find the app that is causing the WiFi connectivity issue and tap it.
- For the selected app, click “Don’t optimize.”
- When you confirm the action, a warning message will appear. Click “Confirm” to continue.
You can prevent the app from being affected by battery optimization by disabling it for the app causing the problem. By doing this, you will be able to resolve any connectivity issues and improve the app’s overall performance.
Fix 6: Update Firmware
When your Realme 10 Pro or 10 Pro+ has WiFi connectivity issues, you may need to update the firmware on your router. The router’s firmware controls how it connects to the internet. Generally, updating the router’s firmware fixes bugs and security vulnerabilities and improves performance. To update the firmware on your router, follow these steps:
- To access your router’s IP address, type the IP address of your router. By doing so, you can make changes to the router’s settings through its web interface.
- To log in, enter your router’s username and password. You can find the login credentials in the manual or the manufacturer’s website if you do not know them.
- Navigate to the “Firmware” or “Software” section from the web interface. If your router requires firmware updates, check for them.
- To download and install an update, follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer. If the update is large, the process may take several minutes.
- Restart the router after the complete update by unplugging and reconnecting it after a few seconds.
Update your router’s firmware to ensure you have the latest version and that bugs and security vulnerabilities are addressed. If your Realme 10 Pro or 10 Pro+ has WiFi connectivity issues, this will help improve stability and performance.
So, that’s how to fix the Realme 10 Pro or 10 Pro+ WiFi not working issue. We hope that this guide has helped you. Meanwhile, if you need more info, comment below and let us know.