For work efficiency, many people prefer to transfer large files from their network drive to their computer. People who use Windows 10 are having trouble while trying to transfer large files from the local network drive to their Windows 10 computer or laptop. They are welcomed by an error message that says, “Error 0x8007003b: An unexpected network error occurred.”
Error code 0x8007003b is a prevalent network error that occurs when you try to transfer files, create file folders, and rename a file folder. If you want to get your work done, then the issue needs to be solved. And to help you with that, we have listed down different solutions.
What causes error 0x8007003b?
Error code 0x8007003B first came into notice after the Anniversary Update (1607) of Windows 10. Yet, Microsoft has not addressed this issue so far. The main problem is perhaps an Unstable network connection that causes limitations of bandwidth. Still, Error code 0x8007003B is like any other network error that comes from malware infection, interference by third-party Antivirus, by Firewall, Bad Sectors, problematic system settings, etc.
We have tried our best to come up with various solutions that are going to help you with solving this error.
Solutions for Error Code 0x8007003b:
Solution 1: Scan your System for any virus/malware infection
The first thing should be to check your system for any virus/malware infection. To do that, you need to scan your system using the built-in Windows Defender tool or use a third-party Antivirus software like Malware bytes. If you want to go with the Windows Defender, then follow these steps given below.
- Go to the Start menu.
- Choose the Settings option.
- Find the Update & Security option and then click on the Windows Security.
- Select the Virus & threat protection option.
- In the Windows Defender Security Center, choose to Run a new advanced scan.
- You should click on the “Full Scan” option and then select the “Scan now” button.
After the scanning gets completed, look for the error 0x8007003B.
Solution 2: Temporarily Stop the Third-party Antivirus and Windows Defender
Sometimes the Antivirus software interferes with the system’s functions. If you have any third-party Antivirus installed on your Windows 10 PC, then follow this solution. Try to disable the Antivirus for some time and check if the error resolved or not.
You should also check that the Windows Defender is turned off. Navigate to Windows Defender Security Center > Virus & Threat Protection Settings. You can see the “Real-time protection” option. Please turn it off.
If the network error comes back again, try the next solution.
Solution 3: Disable Firewall
Firewall tends to interfere with the file transferring using a VPN connection as Firewall seems to think the external connection is not safe. So, disable the Firewall for some minutes and to do that follow these steps.
- Press Windows key +R.
- Type “control panel” and press OK or click Enter.
- Find the System & Security option.
- Choose the Windows Defender Firewall option.
- Click the Turn Windows Defender Firewall Off option.
- You must check that Windows Defender Firewall is turned off for both public and private network settings.
- Now, click OK and save the settings.
- Restart your system and look for the error.
Solution 4: Perform System File Checker(SFC) Scan
Corruption in the system files can also create the network error 0x8007003b. To clean any corruption present in the system files, follow these steps, and run the SFC scan.
- Press Windows key +R.
- Type “cmd” and hit Enter.
- Open the Command Prompt.
- And right-click on it to choose the “Run as administrator” option.
- Now, run the command line given below and press Enter.
- Wait for the scanning process to complete. Then, try transferring files again and check for the network error.
Solution 5: Turn off the Windows Search Service
Sometimes disabling the Windows Search Service has resulted in fixing the error 0x8007003b. If you are not using the Windows Search Service very often, there shouldn’t be any problem in switching it off. You only have to follow these steps to switch off the Windows Search Service on your computer.
- Press Windows key +R and open the Run dialog box.
- Type “services.msc” and press Enter.
- Go to the Windows Search service.
- Open its Properties.
- Find the General tab.
- Besides the Startup type, click on the Disabled option.
- Choose Apply and press, OK.
- After the process is complete, close the Services window and check for the network error.
Solution 6: Change the File System from FAT32 to NTFS
If you are trying to transfer files larger than 4GB and the system’s hard drive has a FAT32 file system, then you can’t make the transfer. To transfer large files, you have to change the File System to NTFS. To do that, you have to follow these steps.
- Right-click on the C: drive.
- Choose Properties from the options.
- Select the General tab as it has file system details of the hard drives of your system.
- Now, you can change the File System to NTFS.
Solution 7: System Restore
It seems that some updated settings have given rise to the unexpected network error 0x8007003b. So, you can try to restore your Windows and see if it can fix the problem. To perform a system restore, follow these steps.
- In the Cortana’s search bar, type “system restore” and press Enter.
- Choose to Create a restore point.
- Now, open the System Properties tab.
- Click on the System Restore button.
- Select the “Choose a different restore point” option.
- Press Next.
- If you want to expand the list, choose the “Show more restore points” option.
- Choose a restore point from the options.
- Click on the “Scan for affected programs” option to see the list of installed software applications.
- Select Next and then click on the “Finish” button.
A network connection error is very irritating, as it hinders your work. The network error 0x8007003b is difficult but not impossible to solve. You need to address the situation and look for the reasons for the error on your computer.
We have provided some easy solutions, and you can perform them manually by yourself. Go through our solutions one by one and get rid of the error 0x8007003b. I hope this article was helpful. After reading this article, if you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.