As we already shared the supported devices to receive the official Android 8.0 Oreo in a big list, So we decided to keep it clean and separate for all Xiaomi fans. Well, Google has released the Android 8.0 Oreo and they have already started pushing the OTA update for the Supported device such as Pixel, Pixel XL, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Nexus Player and Pixel C. Well, Xiaomi fans are still wondering if their devices will receive the latest Oreo update on their device. Here is the list of Xiaomi devices to get Android 8.0 Oreo Update.
In case if your device is not on the below list of Xiaomi devices to get Android 8.0 Oreo Update, then you can still update to Android 8.0 Oreo by downloading and installing LineageOS 15 on your Xiaomi device. Here is the list of Xiaomi Supported devices to get LineageOS 15.
Do you want to know the list of Xiaomi devices that are eligible for an update to android 8.0 Oreo? If yes, then you are at the right place. Here we are going to provide you a guide on the Xiaomi Devices Updating to Android 8.0 Oreo.
- List Of Xiaomi devices to get Android 8.0 Oreo Update
- New features for Android Oreo:
List Of Xiaomi devices to get Android 8.0 Oreo Update
No confirmation or words officially from Xiaomi about the Android 8.0 Oreo Xiaomi Supported device.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels – This feature provides the ability to group notifications from numerous apps into one channel. This means you can group notifications for certain apps together and make it easier for the management of notifications. This is overall a nice addition to what Google started with Android Nougat.
- Picture In A Picture – Videos will switch to smaller, minimized versions when you navigate to other apps. This feature is similar to what a YouTube video does in the YouTube mobile app when you drag it to the corner.
- Multi-Display Support – This feature would provide you with the ability to launch an activity, say, Chrome, on a remote display like your HDTV or PC display. The potential applications for this feature are endless.
- Keyboard Navigation – This feature would bring to you the ability to use keys to navigate apps.
- Background Limits – This feature will let you set a limit to what an app can do while it’s operating in the background. You can use this to conserve power and in turn get more battery life.
- New Wi-Fi Features – This new Android version would Include more Wi-Fi features like Neighborhood Aware Networking (NAN), which makes it easy for devices to connect with one another without an internet access point or internet access at all.
- Better Icons – Google has made icons in Android O to be adaptive. This means that they will take different shapes depending on the system they’re used on. This is a cool feature, isn’t it?
FAQ. When will Xiaomi Release Android 8.0 Oreo for Mi and Redmi Series Smartphone?
Answer: Xiaomi recently released their latest MIUI 9 ROM for Xiaomi Smartphone based on Android 7.0 Nougat. We already shared the list of MIUI 9 Supported Xiaomi Smartphone. Currently, the ROM is under Beta and Alpha testing stage. If you didn’t try MIUI 9 ROM on your phone, then here is the link to Download and Install MIUI 9 Nougat on Xiaomi devices.
We can expect the Xiaomi to start updating their devices to Android 8.0 Oreo in Q1 of 2018 or Q2 of 2018.
List of Xiaomi devices that received Android 8.0 Oreo:
|Device Name||Version||Download Link|
|Redmi Note 5 Pro||Android 8.0 Oreo||Download|
|Xiaomi Mi 6||Android 8.0 Oreo||Download|
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 5||Android 8.0 Oreo||Download|
|Xiaomi Mi 5s||Android 8.0 Oreo||Download|
|Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus||Android 8.0 Oreo||Download|
|Xiaomi Mi 5X||Android 8.0 Oreo||Download|
|Xiaomi Mi Mix||Android 8.0 Oreo||Download|
|Xiaomi Mi Max 2||Android 8.0 Oreo||Download|
|Xiaomi Mi Note 2||Android 8.0 Oreo||Download|
Here is the list of Xiaomi Mi Series which will be updated to Android 8.0 Oreo:
- Mi Mix
- Mi Max 2
- Mi 6
- Mi Max, Mi 5C (Controversial)
- Mi 5S
- Mi 5S Plus
- Mi Note 2
- Mi 5X
Mi 5 Mi 4i Mi 4S Mi Pad, Mi Pad 2 Redmi Note 3 Pro Redmi Note 3 Redmi 3s Redmi 3s Prime Redmi 3 Redmi 2
Here is the list of Xiaomi Redmi Series which will be updated to Android 8.0 Oreo:
- Redmi Note 4
- Redmi Note 4X
- Redmi Note 5A
- Redmi Note 5A Prime
- Redmi Note 5 (Upcoming)
So these are the Xiaomi devices to get Android 8.0 Oreo Update in future. Until then enjoy the MIUI 9 Android Nougat based firmware on your Xiaomi Smartphone.