Xiaomi has launched a new successor of Redmi Note 5 series called Redmi Note 6 Pro. The device features some decent specs and brings the Notch design to the Note series. Well, if you have bought the phone and facing the WiFi issues, then here we will guide on how to fix the Redmi Note 6 Pro WiFi Issues.
As the phone comes with decent specs and comes with a number of features, many buyers are reporting the problems with WiFi issue on Redmi Note 6 Pro. The common one is no proper functioning of Wi-Fi. In this post, we will guide you on how to fix Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro WiFi Issues.
As already mentioned Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro is an amazing smartphone but just like other devices it also has some common problems associated with it. Just after its launch, many people reported that Wi-Fi is not working properly. To fix Wi-Fi issues that are pretty common in Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro, follow this guide.
Steps to fix Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro WiFi Issues
Here is the solution to fix wifi problems on Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro.
Solving basic Wi-Fi issues
Before you proceed with anything, simply restart the phone and see if it works. If not, Reboot your router and check if the problem is gone. In case both methods fail, proceed further.
- Make sure your Wi-Fi connection is working. Take another device and connect it to your Wi-Fi network. See if it works properly on it. In case you find everything alright, obviously the problem is with your router or connection.
- Ensure the signal strength is enough at the place you are trying to connect your Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro with your Wi-Fi connection.
- Always remember if you have recently changed the Wi-Fi password.
[su_note note_color=”#fef0ef” text_color=”#000000″]Guide to Boost WiFi signal on your Android phone[/su_note]
Forget your connection
This is considered as one of the methods that often work for solving Wi-Fi issues on Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro. You simply need to forget the connection and try connecting the device again. For this simply follow the below instructions.
- Open the Settings menu and click Wi-Fi.
- Touch and hold for a while your network connection. Soon you will see an option saying “Forget Network Connection” will appear. Click on it to proceed.
- Now try connecting to the same network by entering your password.
Clear Cache on Redmi Note 6 Pro:
Another solution to fix the WiFi issue on Redmi Note 6 Pro is to clear the cache memory. To do this, you need to reboot your phone into recovery. Follow the procedure given below to clear the cache on Redmi Note 6 Pro.
- Turn off the device.
- Now turn it on again by pressing the and holding the power and volume up buttons.
- Select the language
- You will see the recovery window –> Wipe and Reset
- Now you can just select wipe cache. A process will start and you can restart the phone once it’s completed.
Make sure your Wi-Fi is always on
Latest Android versions are equipped with some unique features such as battery saving. For this, they simply turn off the Wi-Fi option automatically on the device when it is not in use for a long time. Thus to fix Wi-Fi issues on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro keep the settings on “Always-ON” mode. The instructions for this are given below.
- Open Settings and tap Wi-Fi
- At the top right corner, you will see an option “More”
- Click on it and then click “Advanced”
- From the pop-up menu, select “Always”
- That’s it! This may fix the regular WiFi turn off problem on Redmi Note 6 Pro
Keep your phone updated
Xiaomi always gives importance to their software update. They keep sending the regular software update to their devices with monthly security patches, features, improvements and bug fixes. So we recommend keeping your phone updated. There is a chance that they may have improved the WiFi issue on Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro with their recent update. Here is a simple guide to check for the software update on Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro.
- On your Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro, Go to Settings
- Tap on About Phone
- Now tap on System Update
- Wait until you see a screen showing the latest build.
- If it shows no updates available, then make sure to follow our link: Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro Stock Firmware Collections
[su_note note_color=”#fef0ef” text_color=”#000000″]Here is the complete guide to Flash MIUI Stock ROM on any Xiaomi Devices[/su_note]
Make sure your router is in working condition
Well, many times the reason for Wi-Fi issues on Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro and other devices is a faulty router or incompatible settings. To fix Wi-Fi issues, simply switch to 2.4GHZ on your router’s settings.
If none of the above methods has been able to solve the Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro Wi-Fi issue, then the last option is to perform the factory reset. By doing this method, you will ring the phone to factory state and would delete every data, media, music, videos and other important files. So keep a backup before you go ahead with resetting your Redmi Note 6 Pro.
Go to the phone’s Setting menu – Additional settings – Backup & reset – Factory data reset, then press Reset phone. Do remember to back up the important data to an external location like a PC or hard disk, because this reset will also remove all the data stored in SD card.
These are some of the best available methods and there are certain chances that they work on your device. If not, you must visit an authorized Xiaomi service center around you.
I hope this guide to troubleshoot Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro WiFi Issues was helpful. Any Queries, please leave a comment below.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro Specifications:
Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro features a 6.26 inches IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2280 pixel. The display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass. The device is powered by Qualcomm SDM636 Snapdragon 636 processor under Adreno 509 GPU. The handset packs 32GB and 64GB variant with 3/4GB of RAM. Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro sports a Dual rear camera with 12MP + 5MP camera and Dual Selfie camera with 20MP + 2MP depth camera. The smartphone is running on Android 8.1 Oreo under MIUI 10 software package and backed by 4000 mAh battery. It has a fingerprint reader at the back.