This is one of the best strategy games ever created because it’s optimized and playable, along with a great simulation of history. Unfortunately, relics have taken the nostalgic bandwagon approach based on AOE2 due to its questionable popularity over AOE3.
But, from a few days on Reddit forum bombarded with queries and complaints about the Age of Empires 4 Black screen issue when set to 4K movie quality. Considerably, after investigating the issue, we have found some fixes to this error. And guess what? We have mentioned all the fixes right here in this guide. So, make sure to follow each step.
How To Fix Age of Empires 4 Black Screen Issue When Set To 4K Movie Quality
Here we have mentioned some tricks using which you can easily get rid of the black screen issue when set to 4K movie quality. So, make sure to follow them all one after the other. Therefore, now let’s get started with it.
Method 1: Restart The Game
Many users reported that after restarting the game, this issue was fixed. So, you can also try this out. Therefore, you can first close the game and refresh your Windows. Once done, rerun the Age of Empires 4 and check if the issue is now fixed or not. But, in case the issue is still there, don’t panic and follow the next method.
Method 2: Reboot Your System
If just rerunning the Age of Empires 4 on your system won’t fix the issue, we recommend you reboot your PC once and then check if the issue gets fixed or not. Restarting your PC will help you to fix the temporary bugs and glitches that create this kind of issue.
Method 3: Verify your Steam Game Files
You can also try verifying the game files from the Steam client app. So, here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Firstly, launch the Steam client.
- Then, find Age of Empires IV in your library.
- After that, right-click on it and click on Properties.
- Now, click on Local files.
- Then, click on Verify integrity of game files.
- After that, wait until the verification process is over.
- Finally, re-launch the game to see if the error persists.
Method 4: Some Additional Fixes
Here are some additional fixes that may help you to fix the black screen issue when set to 4K movie quality. So, here are the steps:
- Firstly, try to press ALT + TAB to tab out of Age of Empires 4. After that, press ALT + TAB to get back in.
- You can also ensure that you have enough space to make the game run smoothly.
- Also, check for the GPU driver’s update to the latest version.
- If possible, then move the game to an SSD.
- Additionally, it is not necessary, but you can check to update your Windows OS to the latest version.
- If none of the methods worked for you, try reinstalling the Age of Empires 4 on your PC. Also, don’t forget to first uninstall it completely from your device.
So, that’s how you can fix the black screen issue when set to 4K movie quality on Age of Empires 4. We hope this guide has helped you. However, in case you have any doubts regarding this issue, feel free to contact us in the comment section.