If you own a Dell Alienware laptop, you know they’re one of the best gaming laptops on the market. However, like all laptops, they’re not perfect, and sometimes you may encounter problems. One common problem is that the laptop won’t turn on. If this happens to you, don’t panic; you can try a few things to fix the problem.
Why is Alienware M17 Not Turning on?
There could be several reasons why an Alienware M17 laptop may not turn on, including:
- Power supply issues: One of the most common reasons for a laptop not turning on is power supply issues. If the battery is low or the AC adapter is not functioning properly, the laptop may not turn on.
- Hardware problems: If there is a hardware issue such as a faulty hard drive or RAM, the laptop may not turn on.
- Overheating: If the laptop overheats, it may shut down automatically to prevent damage. Overheating can be caused by a buildup of dust inside the laptop or a malfunctioning cooling system.
- BIOS problems: If there is an issue with the Basic Input/Output System (BIOS), the laptop may not turn on. This can be caused by a corrupted BIOS or outdated firmware.
- Software issues: If the operating system is corrupted or there are driver conflicts, the laptop may not turn on.
How to Fix If Alienware M17 Won’t Turn On?
Alienware M17 not turning on is a pervasive issue. The reasons for this problem can be many and varied. Sometimes it is simply a matter of an insufficient power supply or a faulty motherboard. Other times, it may be a problem with the video card or the CPU.
Sometimes, it may even be a problem with the operating system itself. Whatever the cause, there are a few things that you can do to try and fix the problem. We have listed a couple of solutions in this article, so check them out.
Check the Battery
The first thing you should need to check is the battery. If the battery is not seated correctly or not charged, the laptop may not turn on.
To check the battery, ensure it is correctly seated in the laptop. If it is not, remove it and reinsert it. Try charging the battery if the battery is seated correctly and will not power on the laptop. To do this, plug in the ACTUAL adapter and let the battery charge for a few minutes.
Once the battery is charged, try powering the laptop again. If it still does not turn on, move to the next step.
Check the Power Adapter
If the battery is seated correctly and charged, but the laptop still will not turn on, the next thing to check is the power adapter.
First, ensure the power adapter is correctly plugged into the laptop and a working outlet. If the power adapter is properly plugged in, try unplugging it and replugging it in. Sometimes the connection can become loose and cause the laptop not to turn on.
Check the power supply.
Ensure that the power supply is connected to the Alienware M17 and turned on. If the power supply is not associated or turned on, the laptop will not power on.
Do the following:
- First, unplug the power cord from your Alienware M17 and open up the case. Locate the power supply and disconnect all of the cables from it.
- Next, remove the screws that hold the power supply and pull them out of the case.
- Now, take your new power supply and connect all the cables. Be sure to connect the 24-pin ATX power connector to the motherboard first.
- Finally, screw the power supply back into place and then close up the case. Plug in the power cord and turn on your Alienware M17.
Check the motherboard
Additionally, you can try another way to fix it. The other thing is to check the motherboard. Make sure all the connections are tight, and there is no visible damage.
Replace the motherboard
If the power supply and motherboard both seem to be in good working order, the next step is replacing the motherboard. This is usually the most expensive and difficult part of the process, but it’s also the most likely to fix the problem.
Check the memory
If the Alienware M17 is not turning on, even when the power supply and battery are both fine, the problem may be with the memory. Try removing one or both of the memory modules and then powering on the laptop. If the laptop powers on, the problem is with the memory, and it needs to be replaced.
If you’ve tried all of the above and the problem persists, then your best bet is to contact Alienware directly. They may be able to help you troubleshoot the problem or, if necessary, replace the motherboard for you.
These were the ways to fix the Alienware M17 not turning on. By the end of this article, we hope you will be able to turn your Alienware M17 on. However, if you still face issues, leave them in the comments section below, and we will try to help you.