Players are sometimes experiencing the frustrating “Ascended Fatal Error” error with Ark Survival Ascended’s early access launch. Here, we will look at how to fix Ark Survival Ascended’s joining error. When trying to join a full server, this problem often arises, but if it persists, it could indicate a more serious problem. Although not all server connections are reliable during early access, neither official nor unofficial.
- What is ARK Survival Ascended EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION Error?
- Why is ARK: Survival Ascended Fatal Error?
- How to Fix ARK Survival Ascended Fatal Error
- Fix 1: Check your internet
- Fix 2: Verify The Game Files’ Integrity
- Fix 3: Update Your Graphics Driver
- Fix 4: Run The Game In Compatibility Mode
- Fix 5: Run a Memory Test
- Fix 6: Switch from Fullscreen to Windowed Fullscreen
- Fix 7: Lower the Resolution to 1080p from the In-Game Options
- Fix 8: Disable Mods and Custom Content
- Fix 9: Lower The Game Resolution
- Fix 10: Contact Support
What is ARK Survival Ascended EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION Error?
This runtime error occurs when a program attempts to read or write to a memory location that it does not have access to, which causes Ascended Fatal Error. In this case, the application crashes.
Why is ARK: Survival Ascended Fatal Error?
You’ll be kicked out of ARK: Survival Ascended if you encounter a Fatal Error; it’s not just a minor hiccup. There are several reasons for this:
- You can expect frequent crashes if your gaming rig does not meet the minimum system requirements for ARK. It is even possible for faulty hardware to be the cause of the problem.
- In addition to out-of-date or corrupt software, these fatal errors can also result from old or damaged graphics drivers.
- When ARK game files are missing or corrupt, your dinosaur-taming adventures will be impossible to continue.
- If mods clash with each other or the current version of the game, mods can cause game crashes.
How to Fix ARK Survival Ascended Fatal Error
So, here are some fixes that will help you resolve the Ascended Fatal Error:
Fix 1: Check your internet
If you are playing single-player or PvP on an official or unofficial server, you don’t need a solid internet connection. If you are playing with friends on a non-dedicated server, however, you will need a solid internet connection.
Ensure your router is working properly and that your device is connected to it if you’re using WiFi. To ensure the best internet connection, I recommend connecting your router to your device with an ethernet cable.
Fix 2: Verify The Game Files’ Integrity
Whenever you encounter an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION Fatal Error, check that the game files are intact first. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Go to your Library in Steam.
- To see all the properties of ARK: Survival Ascended, right-click on the icon.
- After that, select Verify Integrity of Game Files from the Local Files tab.
- Afterward, you can check if the error has been fixed by launching the game after the process has been completed.
Fix 3: Update Your Graphics Driver
Next, update your graphics driver if verifying the game files doesn’t resolve the issue. In some cases, EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION Fatal Errors are caused by outdated or corrupt graphics drivers. Nevertheless, to update your graphics driver, follow these steps:
- To open Device Manager, press Windows + X.
- You can expand the category of Display adapters.
- To update your graphics card’s driver, right-click on it and choose Update driver.
- Your driver will be updated once you follow the on-screen instructions.
- After that, check if the error has been resolved by restarting your computer and launching the game.
Fix 4: Run The Game In Compatibility Mode
In some cases, running the ARK: Survival Ascended game in compatibility mode is the best option if updating your graphics driver does not work. To get started, follow these steps:
- By right-clicking the shortcut to ARK: Survival Ascended, select Properties.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab.
- Then, ensure that the box beside Run this program in compatibility mode is checked, and choose Windows 7 from the drop-down menu.
- Afterward, click on Apply, followed by OK.
- Relaunch the game to see if the issue has been resolved.
Fix 5: Run a Memory Test
You can check the memory of your computer using the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool. In addition to Fatal Error, unstable memory can also cause random crashes.
You may need to completely reinstall ARK Ascended and delete all leftover files if nothing works. You should also check the temperature of the CPU. Games can become unstable when they overheat.
Fix 6: Switch from Fullscreen to Windowed Fullscreen
There are times when “Fatal Error” can be linked to issues with fullscreen mode. You may resolve this issue by switching from fullscreen to windowed fullscreen. To do so, follow these steps:
- Start ARK: Survival Evolved.
- Navigate to the game’s settings.
- Find the display settings or graphics settings.
- Make the display more windowed by changing the fullscreen mode to windowed fullscreen.
- In some cases, this adjustment can prevent a game crash caused by display-related problems.
Fix 7: Lower the Resolution to 1080p from the In-Game Options
If you reduce the in-game resolution, you can prevent the fatal error from occurring. To lower your resolution in-game, follow these steps:
Start ARK: Survival Ascended.
- Within the game, navigate to the graphics settings.
- Resize the screen to 1920×1080 (1080p).
- In systems that struggle with higher settings, reducing the resolution can improve performance.
Fix 8: Disable Mods and Custom Content
Many factors contribute to ARK crashes, including mod conflicts. Ensure all mods are disabled before starting the game in a single-player. Then, if this fixes your crash, re-enable your mods one by one to determine which mods are causing the crash.
Fix 9: Lower The Game Resolution
Lowering the game resolution can solve the problem if neither of the above steps works. To do so, follow these steps:
- Start ARK: Survival Ascended.
- Within the game, navigate to the graphics settings.
- Set the resolution as low as possible.
- Exit the game after saving the changes.
- Restart the game to see if the problem has been resolved.
Fix 10: Contact Support
It’s time to contact the developer community if you’re still experiencing fatal crashes after trying all basic fixes. The Fatal error EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in ARK Survival Ascended can be resolved methodically by applying common fixes.
So, that’s all we have for you on How to Fix ARK Survival Ascended Fatal Error. We hope that this guide has helped you. Let us know if you need more information in the comments below.