Asus ROG Phone 5 is the successor of Rog Phone 3 which came out of the box with Android 11. The device gets powerful hardware and also promised to receive regular security patch update and bug fixes.
However, it’s not a new case when some of the users haven’t received the latest firmware OTA update notification. Meanwhile, some of the ROG Phone 5 owners also look for the stock ROM to install mostly. On this page, we will share all the latest ROG Phone 5 software update details track.
As mentioned, the firmware OTA updates always roll out in batches region-wise which also depends on the server and carriers. So, it’s one of the common issues to not receive any OTA update notification. Therefore, some of the keen users may also miss out on the important or much-awaited updates in some cases. Now, if you also feel the same and have a doubt in mind that you’ve missed out on any important update or you want to manually install the stock firmware on your ROG Phone 5 model, then the update tracker list with the software update guide will help you a lot.
ROG Phone 5 Software Update Tracker
Whenever a new official firmware update will be available for the ROG Phone 5 model, we will keep updating the update tracker list here with the changelog and download links below.
|1. Optimize the charging experience function|
|1. Updated Android security patch to 2021-06
2. Fixed an issue where the game would crash when using multiple windows to open the settings and change the system navigation
3. Fixed the problem of broken sound when using screen recording
4. Fixed the problem of low notification sound when using Bluetooth headsets in standby mode
5. Fixed an issue where blocking notifications in the game could not block Facebook messenger notifications
6. Fixed the problem of reduced call volume
7. Fixed the problem of using a microphone to record the voice of a team in the game, and the problem of not being able to record your own voice
8. Fixed the problem that the 5G network cannot be detected when connected to the GT-AX11000 router
9. Fixed a serious delay in the screen when entering the game with Geforce Now
10. Optimize touch experience
11. Fix sound effect for speaker playback.
|1. Optimize the game experience|
How to Check Software Update on ROG Phone 5
Before going to the manual firmware upgrade process, if you feel that your device isn’t receiving the OTA update notification for a while, then you can check for the software update manually. In order to do this:
Go to the device Settings > System updates. It will search for the software update and you will get notified if a new update is available on your device. Simply grab the firmware version by downloading and installing it.
Additionally, it’s recommended to maintain the phone charge at least up to 50%-60% and connect your device to Wi-Fi for a faster and stable download.
Now, let’s assume that you’ve successfully upgraded your ROG Phone 5 device to the latest software version. Facing any issue with the software update guide? Comment below.