2023’s Atomic Heart is a newly launched single-player mystery action first-person shooter video game by Mundfish and Focus Entertainment. In this title, players will have to get into a mad and sublime utopian world to take part in explosive encounters. Players have to adapt the fighting style for each opponent including environment and equipment. Meanwhile, some players are facing the Atomic Heart Stuck on Loading Screen issue on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Series X, and S platforms.
Talking about the stuck-on loading screen issue, it becomes quite common these days among all gaming platforms due to multiple possible reasons. It also leads to crashes, frame drops, graphical glitches, lags, stutters, etc. Now, if you’re also one of the victims to encounter such an issue, you can follow this troubleshooting guide to fix it. According to several reports, Atomic Heart players have tried some of the workarounds mentioned below and found them useful in some cases.
- Fix: Atomic Heart Stuck on the Loading Screen on PS4, PS5, and Xbox One, Series X and S
- 1. Run the game as an administrator
- 2. Update GPU Driver
- 3. Disable Full-Screen Optimizations and High DPI
- 4. Power Cycle on your Wi-Fi Router
- 5. Delete Atomic Heart Cache Folder
- 6. Disable Security Programs
- 7. Run Compatibility Troubleshooter
- 8. Check your Internet Connection
- 9. Clear the Game Data on Consoles
- 10. Check the Temperature on the Gaming Device
- 11. Rebuild Database (PS4/PS5)
- 12. Hard Reset your Console
- 13. Don’t Put in Rest Mode (PS4/PS5)
- 14. Update System Software
- 15. Update Atomic Heart
- 16. Verify and Repair Game Files
Fix: Atomic Heart Stuck on the Loading Screen on PS4, PS5, and Xbox One, Series X and S
As the game stuck loading screen issue is persistent enough and doesn’t go past the next screen, it might become frustrating enough at times. Most of the affected players might need to force close the game and exit to retry launching again. Now, talking about the potential reasons, it looks like corrupted or missing game files, an outdated game version, antivirus software blocking issues, an outdated graphics driver, background running apps, etc can be a reason.
Additionally, corrupted cache data, outdated system software, conflicts with the startup apps, temporary glitches with the system, overheating issues, internet connectivity issues, and more can occur the specific stuck on the loading screen conflict with the games. Luckily, we’ve provided you with all the potential workarounds that should come in handy. Make sure to follow all methods until the problem gets fixed. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Run the game as an administrator
You should run the game application as an administrator by following the steps below to ensure there is no issue with the permissions by user account control on the system.
- Right-click on the Atomic Heart exe application file on your PC.
- Now, select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Click on the Run this program as an administrator box to enable it.
- Click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
2. Update GPU Driver
We’ll suggest you check for the graphics driver update and install it on the PC. Updating the graphics driver on the PC might gonna fix stuck on the loading screen issue to some extent apart from visual glitches. To do that:
- Press the Win+I keys to open the Quick Link Menu.
- Click on Device Manager from the list.
- Now, double-click on the Display adapters category to expand the list.
- Then right-click on the dedicated graphics card name.
- Select Update driver > Choose Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, it’ll automatically download and install the latest version.
- Once done, make sure to reboot your computer to change the effects.
You should download and install the latest version of the graphics driver on the PC according to your specific graphics card model. Nvidia graphics card users can visit the Nvidia official site and AMD graphics card users can visit the AMD website. While Intel GPU users visit the Intel website.
3. Disable Full-Screen Optimizations and High DPI
The chances are high that somehow the full-screen optimization and high DPI settings on your Windows computer have some conflicts with the game launching or loading screen. So, you can try disabling full-screen optimization and high DPI manually by following the steps below.
- Locate the Atomic Heart game installation folder on your PC.
- Go to your Steam client > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Atomic Heart > Select Manage.
- Click on Browse local files > Right-click on AtomicHeart.exe from the directory.
- Go to Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Now, click on the Disable Full-Screen Optimizations checkbox.
- Click on the Change high DPI settings button.
- Then select Override high DPI scaling behavior and Application from the drop-down menu.
- Click on OK and Apply to save changes.
For Xbox Game Pass:
- Open Xbox Game Pass > Go to Settings.
- Select General to locate the Atomic Heart game folder.
- Right-click on AtomicHeart.exe from the directory.
- Then follow the same steps once again as mentioned above to disable full-screen optimizations and high DPI.
4. Power Cycle on your Wi-Fi Router
You should perform a power cycle on your Wi-Fi router to refresh the internet connection whatsoever. Sometimes issues with the network connectivity may cause multiple issues with the game launching or connecting to the game server. It’s better to turn off the router and unplug the power cable from it. Then wait for around 30 seconds and plug back the power cable in. Now, turn on the router then connect to the internet to check for the issue.
5. Delete Atomic Heart Cache Folder
It looks like deleting the game cache folder on the PC may help you to run the game properly if there is an issue with the temporary cache data. To do that:
- Press the Win+R keys on the keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Now, type %appdata% and hit Enter to open the AppData folder on the local drive.
- Search for the Atomic Heart folder and delete it.
- This contains all the Atomic Heart temporary cache files.
- Finally, reboot the PC, and run the game again to check if Atomic Heart is still getting stuck on the loading screen or not.
6. Disable Security Programs
Make sure to turn off security programs on the PC if you’re experiencing the game stuck on loading screen issues. Sometimes aggressive antivirus programs may block ongoing connections with the game files or servers. To do so:
- Click on the Start Menu > Type firewall.
- Select Windows Defender Firewall from the search result.
- Now, click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the left pane.
- A new page will open > Select the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) option for both the Private & Public Network Settings.
- Once selected, click on OK to save changes.
Make sure to disable the antivirus program on the PC temporarily by following the steps below:
- Press the Win+I keys to open the Windows Settings menu.
- Click on Update & Security > Click on Windows Security from the left pane.
- Now, click on the Open Windows Security button.
- Go to Virus & threat protection > Click on Manage settings.
- Next, you’ll need to simply turn off the Real-time protection toggle.
- If prompted, click on Yes to proceed further.
7. Run Compatibility Troubleshooter
If none of the methods worked for you then try running the compatibility troubleshooter on the PC with the Atomic Heart game. To do so:
- Press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Click on Processes > Right-click on the ApexLegends.exe application.
- Now, click on End Task > Click on the End Process button.
- Then head over to the game installation folder.
- Right-click on AtomicHeart.exe > Select Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab > Click on the Run compatibility troubleshooter button.
- Click on Try recommended settings and test the program.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the troubleshooting process.
- Do the necessary steps as recommended and then reboot the PC.
8. Check your Internet Connection
Make sure to check out the internet connection whether it’s working fine or not. Sometimes issues with the network may trigger several connectivity problems like game server connection or launching the game. It’s always better to switch the Wi-Fi to wired or vice versa if you’re facing any kind of issues. Otherwise, try running other online games or services to check for the issue. You can also contact your Internet Service Provider for further assistance.
9. Clear the Game Data on Consoles
It seems that deleting the installed game-saved data on the console can also fix several issues with the game launching or gameplay. You should try performing this method to check for the issue.
- First, quit the Atomic Heart game > Select My games & apps.
- Select See all > Make sure to highlight the Atomic Heart game.
- Select Manage game and add-ons > Go down to Saved data.
- Choose the Delete all button > Wait for it to complete.
- Finally, relaunch the Atomic Heart game to check for the issue.
- Go to Settings > Select Application Saved Data Management.
- Choose either System Storage or Online Storage or USB Storage > Select Delete.
- Select the Atomic Heart game > Checkmark the files that you want to delete or just Select All.
- Finally, select Delete > Select OK to confirm the task.
- Once done, reboot your console to check for the issue again.
10. Check the Temperature on the Gaming Device
If in case, your gaming console or PC becomes overheated then it may start lagging or stuttering a lot. As a result, your game might not run properly or stuck on the loading screen. You should check the following steps to avoid overheating or keep the machine cool most of the time.
1. For PC:
- Keep the air ventilation open and free-flowing.
- You can power off the system for a couple of minutes.
- Try reducing the ambient temperature by opening the room window or running the air conditioner.
- Avoid keeping the machine from the sunlight exposed area.
2. For PS4/PS5:
- Go to Settings > Select System.
- Choose Status > Go to System Status.
- Then check for the temperature status.
3. For Xbox One/Xbox Series X|S:
- Go to Settings > Choose System.
- Select Console info > Choose Temperature.
- Check for the temperature status.
If the temperature is too high then try following the steps below:
- Keep the console in a well-ventilated area for better air circulation.
- Keep the ambient temperature cool enough.
- Try cleaning the console’s air vents and fans to remove dust or dirt particles for better airflow.
- Reduce the graphics settings in the game menu.
11. Rebuild Database (PS4/PS5)
Rebuilding the database on your PlayStation console can quickly resolve potential issues or errors. Some affected users did try this method and found it useful. To do so:
- Switch off your console completely. Unplug the power cable from the console and wait for around 2-3 minutes.
- Now, plug in the power cable, and turn it on to clear the Cached Data automatically from the system.
Check whether this issue has been fixed with the game or not. If not, follow the next steps below.
- Now, press and hold the Power button on the PlayStation console until you hear 2 beeps. [The second beep will sound after seven seconds]
- The console will boot in Safe Mode > Connect the controller to the USB with the console and press the PS Button on the controller.
- Next, you’ll get an option called Rebuild Database.
- Select Rebuild Database and confirm the task.
- It may take some time depending on the hard drive data size. Have some patience.
- Once done, just reboot the system normally.
12. Hard Reset your Console
In most cases, performing the hard reset of your console can fix system glitches or cache data issues from the game itself. To do so:
- Go to Guide by pressing the Xbox button on your controller.
- Then go to Profile & System > Select Settings.
- Choose System > Select Console Info.
- Select Reset > If prompted, confirm the task to proceed.
- Wait for the console to reset completely.
- Once done, make sure to sign in to your Xbox account.
- Finally, install the Atomic Heart game properly, and then check for the crashing issue.
- Switch off your PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 console first.
- Once the console is turned off, press and hold the Power button on the console until you hear two beep sounds within a couple of seconds.
- Here you’ll see two reset options to choose from.
- Select the necessary option to reset your PlayStation console.
- Wait for the process to complete and then make sure to sign in to the PlayStation account.
- Finally, install the Atomic Heart game, and try running it.
13. Don’t Put in Rest Mode (PS4/PS5)
Make sure not to keep your PlayStation console in the rest mode because it may cause some issues with the game crashing or not launching. To do so:
- Go to the PS5 Settings menu > Open the Power Saving tab.
- Select Set Time Until PS5 Enter Rest Mode.
- Set to Don’t Put in Rest Mode > Restart the console to apply changes.
14. Update System Software
We’ll recommend you check for system updates on the PlayStation or Xbox console or even on PC to ensure there is no problem happening due to the system. To do so:
- Go to the Settings menu on the PlayStation console.
- Select System Software Update > Make sure to check for available updates and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update process.
- Once done, reboot the system to apply changes.
- Press the Home button on the Xbox console to open the Dashboard menu.
- Select Settings from the bottom of the menu > Choose All Settings.
- Choose System > Select Updates.
- Select Update Console > Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update process.
- Once done, make sure to restart the console to apply changes.
- Press the Win+I keys to open the Windows Settings menu.
- Next, click on Update & Security.
- Select Check for updates under the Windows Update section.
- If there is a feature update available, select Download and install.
- Wait for some time until the update gets completed.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes immediately.
15. Update Atomic Heart
If in case, you haven’t updated your Atomic Heart game for a while then make sure to follow the steps below to check for updates and install the latest version. To do this:
For PC: [Steam]
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on Atomic Heart from the left pane.
- It’ll automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, make sure to click on Update.
- Wait for some time to install the update.
- Once done, make sure to close the Steam client.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes, and then try launching the game again.
- Turn on your PS4/PS5 console > Go to the Home screen.
- Now, navigate to the main menu on top.
- Head over to the Games tab.
- Scroll down and select Atomic Heart to highlight it.
- Press the Options button on your controller.
- Finally, choose to Check for Update from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure to turn on your Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S gaming console.
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the menu.
- Now, scroll down to the right > Select Settings.
- Scroll down until you see Updates & downloads.
- From the next page, select Keep my console up to date and Keep my games & games up to date to enable the checkbox.
- So, whenever a new update is available, the console will automatically install it.
16. Verify and Repair Game Files
Sometimes missing or corrupted game files on the PC may occur some issues with the game application launching properly or start sticking on the loading screen. Even a minor corrupted or missing game file may trigger such issues whatsoever. Luckily, most of the game launchers do come with a useful feature to automatically verify and repair game files online. To do so:
- Launch the Steam client > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Atomic Heart from the list of installed games.
- Click on Properties > Go to the Local Files tab.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your PC to apply changes.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.