Deep Rock Galactic is a cooperative first-person shooter action game. It was developed by Ghost Ship Games and published by Coffee Stain Publishing. This game was released in 2020 for Windows and other platforms. It is based on teamwork as all the team members must kill the enemies and destroy their bases to win the game. You will find enemies from different planets and fight with them in space.
The enemies are in bulk, and the players need a lot of ammo and a good loadout to fight against them. There are a lot of characters available in the game, and you have to choose between them to win the match.
Engineer is one of them. It is a heavy character with many powers that will help you in the game. We are here with the Engineer build, where we will tell you about the best equipment, modifications, overclocks, and some helpful tips that will be helping you throughout the game. So, without any further ado, let’s get started with it.
Best Deep Rock Galactic Engineer Build 2023
Before starting with the Engineer Build, we will tell you about him, and after it, we will tell you about the tips and build guide. So, be with us till the end.
About Engineer and His Playstyle
The Engineer is a heavy character available in the game. The play style of the engineer is one of the advantages for the teammate. Engineers’ ability to defend themselves and find the locations for the mining adventure will help a lot in the game. He develops it in the cooperative environment of the game, which gives him the position to fall back to the swarm attacks of the enemies with his ability to fire a turret automatically at the enemies.
When we come to the utility of the Engineer, then he can set up platforms to create useful paths for areas that are regularly travelled when you are completing a level. It provides vertical and horizontal movement that stays in place until it’s destroyed. He is one of the favourite partners of the Scout as he can provide high-up platforms that help the Scout perform the grappling hook movement.
The Engineer can be used as one of the players who will give more damage with his cool weapons like turrets, grenade launchers, and much more. He can complete the solo challenges if you choose the right Bosco Build for him. So, this all will depend on the strategy, builds, and other character tips we will discuss.
Here are the tips you should use while playing the game.
- When using the Engineer character to defend a flank, retreat path/location, or maximize your damage, make sure you have your turrets online. This can be a great advantage for you when you build and summon to your location, as it can be used aggressively in some combat situations. It can also be used to watch your back when digging, as any attacks will alert you to the presence of any enemy.
- We all know that the Engineer can’t be used for long-range fights. So, you should avoid long-range fights and call your friends to take you to a safe location where you can set up an ambush with your turrets to save your ammo and health.
- The Engineer has great flexibility compared to the narrow strengths of other classes available in the game. So, if you are playing it with friends, then be sure to coordinate with them for your kits to bring the right build and weapon for your team and the mission challenge.
- You can make platform bridges over small caverns with the engineer’s help, providing a permanent alternative to the movement options. As these bridges are not much reliable and can be destroyed easily with the ammo so make sure to use them appropriately. You can use platforms to do holes in the roof/floor to stop swarm attacks. The platform attacks are a good way to stop fall damage for yourself and your teammates.
- When reviving your allies, don’t forget to set up the safety net, which depends on the build that includes a turret, anti-bug platforms, proximity mine, and L.U.R.E to ensure a 100% revive.
Engineer Build Guide
Every class has access to twelve pieces of equipment in the game. Each of them can be upgraded using credits and crafting resources. There are four unlockable weapons per class, including two primary and two secondary weapons. Each weapon has its challenges that you will complete to unlock it. So, once the challenge for the weapon has been completed, it can be purchased within the upgrade terminal.
There are three primary weapons available for the Engineer. All of them are very much powerful, and you can use them to give a lot of damage to enemies. The primary weapons you will find in the game are “Warthog” Auto 210, “Stubby” Voltaic SMG, and LOK-1 Smart Rifle. All of these weapons come with different modifications and degradation, which you can do to increase their damage. So, let’s start with detailed information about them.
“Warthog” Auto 210
This is the base weapon of the Engineer character. It is easy to use at close range and can give a lot of damage to enemies at short range. Its damage is greater and capable of handling a lot of enemies at the same time. If you upgrade this weapon with some of its special power, you can quickly kill many enemies at close range.
The weapon can be upgraded with direct DPS with damage, rate of fire, and reduced reload time. This will make it a whole beast for the close-range fights. You can also design it for long-range fights by reducing the weapon’s spread. However, users do not use this weapon for long-range fights, but you can use it in some cases. You should choose these modifications in the weapons for the combats in the game.
- Tier 1: Supercharged Feed Mechanism
- Tier 2: Loaded Shells
- Tier 3: High Capacity Magazine or Quickfire Ejector
- Tier 4: Bigger Pellets
- Tier 5: Miner Adjustments
- Overclock: Mini Shells or Magnetic Pellet Alignment or Light-Weight Magazines
|Rate of Fire (per second)
|Weak point Stun Chance Per Pellet
“Stubby” Voltaic SMG
The Voltaic SMG is a fast-firing gun that comes at level 10. It gives you an extension of your range, and you can fight in the long-range too. However, this is not better than the shotgun Warthog. Even if you modify the Stubby build, you will not be able to make it like the Warthog. But you can use the Stubby for some challenges as you can run it with a simple hold-down trigger and spray option. You should choose these modifications in the weapons for the combats in the game.
- Tier 1: Increased Calibre Rounds or Upgraded Capacitors
- Tier 2: High Capacity Magazine
- Tier 3: High Veclotiy Rounds
- Tier 4: Hollow-Point Bullets or Conductive Bullets
- Tier 5: Magazine Capacity Tweak or Electric Arc
- Overclock: Well Oiled Machine or Super-Slim Rounds or Light-Weight Rounds
|Rate of Fire (per second)
LOK-1 Smart Rifle
The LOK-1 Smart Rifle is another powerful weapon for the character. It has an AI Core that is in it to assist with aiming at swarm enemies. This closed ranged focus weapon will easily work by quickly locking and firing on multiple enemies. You can also aim if you have a good aiming strength. The targeting system comes with expanded ammo which is often best for killing many enemies. You should choose these modifications in the weapons for the combats in the game.
- Tier 1: Expanded Ammo Bags
- Tier 2: CCD Array Add-On
- Tier 3: Smrt Targeting Software
- Tier 4: Shutter Speed Sensor
- Tier 5: Unstable Lock Mechanism
- Overclock: Executioner or Seeker Rounds
|Rate of Fire (per second)
|Acquire Lock Threshold
|Lose Lock Threshold
There are three secondary weapons available for the Engineer. All of them are very much powerful, and you can use them to give a lot of damage to the enemies. The secondary weapons you will find in the game are Deepcore 40mm PGL, Breach Cutter, and Shard Diffractor. All these weapons come with different modifications and degradation, which you can do to increase their damage. So, let’s start with detailed information about them.
Deepcore 40mm PGL
This is one of the best secondary weapons for the Engineer. It is perfect for obliterating the swarm from a long range. It comes with limited ammo capacity, and the single shot is designed in a way that you have to do some practice. This is the best weapon for a wider range of situations specifically focusing on one direction. However, there are some cons of the weapons, too, but this can be fixed by using the modifications of extra ammo, damage, and explosion radius. You should choose these modifications in the weapons for the combats in the game.
- Tier 1: HE Compound
- Tier 2: Expanded Ammo Bags
- Tier 3: Pressure Wave
- Tier 4: Nails + Tape
- Tier 5: Spiky Grenade
- Overclock: Clean Sweep or Pack Rat
|Rate of Fire (per second)
|Armor Break Bonus
|Maximum Damage Radius
This is another weapon that is capable of dealing damage to groups in the fights. It is mainly selected for the damage that it gives to the enemies. This can be used for both the close range and long range. You should choose these modifications in the weapons for the combats in the game.
- Tier 1: Prolonged Power Generation
- Tier 2: Loosened Node Cohesion or Condensed Plasma
- Tier 3: Quick Deploy or Improved Case Ejector
- Tier 4: Disruptive Frequency Training
- Tier 5: Triple Split Line
- Overclock: Stronger Plasma Current or Return to Sender or Inferno
|Per Second Damage
|Rate of Fire (per second)
|Armor Breaking Bonus
|Plasma Beam Width
|Plasma Expansion Delay
It is another secondary weapon that you can equip in the game. It comes with dealing with a lot of damage. However, you can modify it according to your need so that it can perform very well in the game. Through this weapon, you will be able to target enemies from a long range of distances. You should choose these modifications in the weapons for the combats in the game.
- Tier 1: Increased Energy Density or Larger Battery
- Tier 2: Soft Tissue Disruption
- Tier 3: Aluminium Foil DIY
- Tier 4: Nitrogen Vaporizer or High-Intensity Heating
- Tier 5: Dazzler Module or Bio-Mass Converter
- Overclock: Efficiency Tweaks
|Direct Target Heating
|Discharge Rate (per second)
The equipment is another weapon that is very useful in the game. You can use it for automatic firing on enemies. These are very helpful when you want to defend a location. There are three weapons in it which are: Platform Gun, LMG Gun Platform, and “Owl” Armour Rig.
The Platform Gun is another weapon that is available in the game. It is a type of support tool. This can be used for making defensive funnels for enemies which are required for some challenges. You should choose these modifications in the weapons for the combats in the game.
- Tier 1: Supercharged Feed Mechanism or Expanded Ammo Bags
- Tier 2: Plastcrete MKII
- Tier 3: Expanded Ammo Bags or Repellent Additive
LMG Gun Platform
This weapon can be used at enemies to fire within some specified range. It is easy to deploy and can be used in different scenarios in the game. You should choose these modifications in the weapons for the combats in the game.
- Tier 1: LMG MKII
- Tier 2: Quick Deploy
- Tier 3: Stun or Penetrating Rounds
- Tier 4: Defender System
“Owl” Armour Rig
This is an armor available in the game that the Engineer can use. It boosts the survivability of the character. Along with it, this helps in defending turrets. You should choose these modifications in the weapons for the combats in the game.
- Tier 1: Improved Generator
- Tier 2: Healthy
- Tier 3: Hazmat System
- Tier 4: Shockwave or Breathing Room
The throwable can be used in the game for a lot of enemies. There are three throwables available in the game that are L.U.R.E, Plasma Burster, and Proximity Mine.
The L.U.R.E is a throwable that can be used to distract enemies in the game. So, when you throw it, there will be a dancing dwarf by which the enemies will be distracted, and you will be able to kill them. It is a very interesting throwable which we have seen. After throwing, you will have twenty seconds in which you have to kill the enemies.
This is a throwable that will burst once you throw it. This will give good damage to the enemies who are near it.
This is the most damaging throwable available in the game. It has a damage of 110, which is good for killing many enemies in the group. You have to throw it; after it, the mine will stick to the location and burst once the enemies are near it.
This was all for this Engineer build guide. We hope you might now be able to understand the character and the weapons that you will be going to use in the game. In this guide, we have listed the advantages of the weapons, damages, and main highlights that you will be getting in the initial stage of the game with the character.
We have also mentioned the modification you must do before landing the match. Along with it, we have also told you about the advantages of equipment and throwables through which you can easily kill many enemies in the game. We hope this will help you in completing challenges in the game. Also, don’t forget to follow the tips which we have mentioned. If you have any doubts, please ask us through the comment section.