Treyarch and Activision have done an excellent job with the Call of Duty: Black Ops III in 2015 as a first-person shooter title which is the perfect sequel to 2012’s COD: Black Ops II. The game is doing well in the community among most platforms, including PC, PS4, Xbox One, and more. Meanwhile, plenty of unfortunate players are experiencing the Call of Duty Black Ops 3 Maps Not Showing Up issue, which seems pretty much frustrating for all and happens mostly.
Now, if you’re also encountering the same issue with your COD Black Ops III title, irrespective of the gaming device, follow this troubleshooting guide completely to resolve it. As per reports on the Steam Community forum, it looks like so many players tried reinstalling the game and downloading maps manually, but that didn’t help. Although downloading maps should be as simple as clicking on the subscribe button, that’s not the reality, and the irritating part is that not everyone has this issue.
Fix: Black Ops 3 Maps Not Showing Up
Luckily, a couple of possible workarounds mentioned below for you should come in handy in several ways. You should follow all troubleshooting methods until the problem gets fixed. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Restart the COD Black Ops III
First, you can try restarting the Call of Duty Black Ops III game on the PC to ensure there is no issue with the game files while launching or connecting to the servers.
2. Run the Game as an administrator
You should try running the game file as an administrator on Windows to allow the program and the game files to run properly. Not running the game or client as an administrator, you may find it pretty difficult to avoid crashes or not launching issues that require UAC (User Account Control) access. Ensure to follow the steps below to do so:
- Right-click on the Black Ops III exe application file on your PC.
- Select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to enable it.
- Click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
- You can double-click on the game exe file to launch it.
3. Subscribe and Wait for Maps to Download
You might need to subscribe and wait for the maps to download. Make sure to close all games and restart the game client, then check for updates. Additionally, try checking out the Usermaps folder as well. Next, make sure to check the in-game from Custom Games via Private Game in the Zombies menu) > Select ‘Setup game’ > Choose ‘Change map’ > Then go to ‘Custom maps’.
4. Check for Black Ops 3 Updates
You should check for the COD Black Ops 3 game update because an outdated version can have bugs or stability issues. So, if you haven’t updated your game for a while, then follow the steps below to check for updates and install the latest update.
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on Black Ops 3 from the left pane.
- It’ll automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, click on Update.
- Wait some time to install the update.
- Once done, close the Steam client.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes and launch the game again.
- Open the Battle.net client > Go to All Games.
- Click on Installed > Click on COD: Black Ops 3 from the left pane.
- Now, click on the Settings icon.
- Select Check for updates. If there is any update, click on Update.
- Once done, make sure to close the Battle.net client.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes, and then try launching the game again.
5. Verify and Repair the Game Files
Corrupted or Missing game files on the PC can eventually trigger multiple issues with the game launching or performance whatsoever. To do so:
- Launch the Steam client > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Black Ops 3 from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer.
- Open the Battle.net client on your PC.
- Head over to the Library > Click on COD Black Ops 3.
- Click on Options > Select Scan and Repair.
- Choose to Start Scan > Wait for the process to complete.
- Once done, close everything, and reboot the PC.
6. Check for the Workshop Folder
You might also need to check for the workshop folder from the installed game directory on the PC by following the steps below.
- Head over to the COD Black Ops 3 game installation directory.
- Now, check the Workshop folder/ 311210 to ensure that the maps are there.
- Some users might find them there which indicates the maps are downloaded but don’t show up actually.
- While some users can get the maps in the ‘Private Game’ folder > Change Map at the bottom.
7. Try Redownloading DLCs
If you’re having trouble downloading or playing DLC for Call of Duty: Black Ops III, you can try following the troubleshooting methods below as per your gaming device.
For PlayStation 4:
- If you purchased the DLC in-game, ensure to exit the game to complete the download.
- Clear the cache or Delete the game Data on your PS4 console.
- If the DLC doesn’t download successfully or becomes unplayable, try downloading the DLC again.
- Just try downloading the content on your PlayStation account.
For Xbox One:
- If you’ve purchased the DLC in-game, you may need to exit the game and then download it.
- Clear the cache or Delete the game Data on your Xbox console.
- If in case, the DLC doesn’t download successfully or becomes unplayable, try downloading the DLC again.
- Finally, access your Xbox Live account to download content.
- Exit the Steam folder.
- Navigate to your Steam directory (C:\Program Files\Steam\) or (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\).
- Now, Delete the AppCache folder.
- Restart Steam and launch your COD BO3 game.
8. Contact Activision Support
If none of the workarounds did come in handy, then make sure to contact Activision Support here and submit the ticket for the specific issue. Although this is a known and older issue in the Call of Duty Black Ops III title, we’re expecting that developers will investigate it deeply & provide an official patch fix soon.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.