Borderlands 3 is an action role-playing first-person shooter video game. This creative art is developed by Gearbox Software and published by 2K Games. Progressing in the game by eliminating bosses and winning war zones with friends is fun and challenging. With a whole variety of guns to choose from and actions that you can mess with, the game is, of course, a thrill of its own!
There have been, however, many problems regarding some corrupted data happening with the game on PS4. In each case, it is either a bug in the game data that might be causing the issue, or maybe the system struggles to access the game data. We will list the potential fixes following the guide, and hopefully, it would get things back to normal. So without further ado, let’s see how to fix Borderlands 3 corrupted data error.
Fix: Borderlands 3 Crashing on PC
Trial of Cunning Location in Borderlands 3
How to Farm Unkempt Harold Legendary Pistol in Borderlands 3
Fix: Borderlands 3 Low FPS Drops on PC | Increase Performance
Borderlands 3 Shift Codes List (September 2022)
How to Fix the Borderlands 3 Corrupted Data Error
- Restart your PS4: The first thing we can start off with is restarting your PS4. If the problem is with your system, or if bugs are interfering with the game data, this might become the result. And if that is the case that proves right, then restarting your PS4 will help you resolve it.
- Reinstall the game: Something might’ve affected the game’s source data and might’ve gone corrupted. In this case, there’s nothing much that we can do but uninstall and install the game. Oftentimes, this will be the case and reinstalling the game has proven to counter the issue.
- Rebuild the database on PS4: If none of the above methods are working out for you, rebuilding the database is the last resort. Because the problem with your game is that the system is struggling to access all its data to run the game, this happens when the data are distorted, spread in many different folders and files. This will happen if your storage goes full, or if you install applications regularly. You can go through how to rebuild the database on PS4 below.
How to Rebuild the Database on PS4
- Turn off PS4: When rebuilding the database on PS4, we start with shutting down the system. Go to the quick menu→Power→Turn off PS4. Make sure that you’re not putting the PS4 into rest mode.
- Press and hold the power button and wait for two beeps: Next, you have to press and hold down your console’s power button. You must keep holding it down until you hear two beeps. Release when you hear it. You will now be booted into safe mode, which is where you’ll be rebuilding the database.
- Connect your PS4’s DualShock 4 controller to the console: Connect your PS4’s DualShock 4 controller to the console using a compatible USB cable.
- Press “Rebuild Database”: From the next screen, scroll down and choose the “Rebuild Database” option. Click in and follow/confirm the on-screen confirmation. Once confirmed, the rebuilding process will be initiated and will successfully complete in 10 minutes to 1 hour, depending upon your hard drive.
Following the guide above will help you terminate your corrupted data error in Borderlands 3. Rebuilding your data can be a hefty task, not that it’s hard but factor that it can consume some time. Also, please note not to turn off your console while in the process of database rebuilding. This could corrupt the entire system. Try if the first two methods are working for you, move on if not. However, be patient with the rebuilding process, and you’ll sometimes see a black screen, which is alright and nothing to panic.