One of the many features in Windows 10 is the clipboard. Unlike other devices and software versions, Windows 10 has an opt-in feature for the clipboard, which means that the clipboard function will only be enabled if the users choose to. As clipboard is the place where all your copied items appear, it is one of the many useful tools one can use.
Table of Contents
Steps to Clear Clipboard History in Windows 10
Clipboard in Windows 10 stores 25 of the most recent items that you’ve copied. Another condition that applies in order for an item to make it into the clipboard is that anything that’s copied has to be under 4 MB. If for some reason you wish to delete an item or your entire clipboard, you may refer to our guide on how to clear Clipboard history in Windows 10 for help.
Clear individual items from the clipboard history
- Press the Windows key+V shortcut to bring up the clipboard history menu
- Then, find the item you wish to clear and press on the three dots icon(menu/more icon) to its top right side
- Finally, click on the Delete option from the dropdown that appears and the particular item will be permanently removed from your clipboard
Clear the entire clipboard history
- Clearing the entire clipboard history follows pretty much the same steps. To do this, open up the clipboard menu by pressing Windows+V key shortcut
- Then, click on the three dots icon(more icon or menu icon) at the top right side of any of the item among the list
- Then, from the dropdown that appears, click on the Clear All option and all the items on your clipboard will be permanently removed
Alternative Method of Clearing Clipboard History in Windows 10
- In order to do this, head over to your system Settings
- From there, head inside the System section
- Next, scroll down the left panel and go to the Clipboard section
- Finally, from the right pane, click on the Clear button under the Clear clipboard data section and the entire clipboard history will be permanently deleted.
Winding up our guide, Windows 10 users have two different methods of clearing the entire clipboard data and one method that helps them remove individual items from the history list. Although clearing the entire data can be done through two different methods, the first method that’s in the guide is probably the easier one. That said, we hope reading the guide above has brought some valuable information and help to you. Please let us know by commenting down below if you have any further queries regarding the same.