Oppo released the new successor to last year model Oppo F3 called Oppo F5. The device comes with a near bezel-less display which brings eye-catching design and moves the fingerprint to back. Just like many new smartphones, Oppo also equipped the display with 18:9 ratio. Here we will share the Most Common Oppo F5 Problems and How to Fix it – WiFi, Bluetooth, Camera, SD, Sim, and More.
Talking about the specs, Oppo F5 features a 6-inches LTPS IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. It is powered by Octa-core Helio P23 Mediatek MT6763T processor coupled with 4 GB or 6 GB of RAM variant. The phone packs 32/64GB internal memory and expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Oppo F5 comes with 16 MP rear camera sensor to take the beautiful shot and 20MP front shooting camera. Oppo F5 runs on Android 7.1 Nougat out of the box. It also has a Fingerprint sensor mounted on the back. The phone is backed by 3200mAh battery,
- Most Common Oppo F5 Problems and Their solution/bug fixes
- Mobile Data Connectivity Issue
Most Common Oppo F5 Problems and Their solution/bug fixes
Just like every other Smartphone or tablet, Oppo F5 also has shortcomings too. Here in this article, we have compiled all the common problems in Oppo F5 that the users may encounter. We also given all the solutions as to how you can solve the issues or troubleshoot yourself. In here we will sort out the problems on Oppo F5 such as brightness, performance, Apps Force close problem, Overheating, Battery Charging, Mobile Data, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Connectivity issues. Most common problems of Oppo F5 and Their solution and bug fixes.
Only some Oppo F5 users have encountered one or more problems. Most of the handsets have had no problems at all. If you buy a Oppo F5, you may not encounter any problem at all.
Performance issues (random reboots, stutter or lag, rapid battery drain)
There have been problems like performance issues with the Oppo F5 device and we always search the web for How to fix this problem in Oppo F5. It goes for rebooting repeatedly and at random. There have been issues of stutter and lag also. Sometimes there is a rapid draining of the battery even when the phone is not in use.
- Download the Greenify app from Google Play Store. It lists the applications which are active on waking the phone. Then you can change the settings for these apps. This should reduce the slowdown.
- There may be a rogue app which could be the cause of the poor performance. Boot the device into Safe Mode. If the problem persists, delete the last few apps you may have installed before the problem started. The last resort is to perform the factory reset. But do the factory reset only if it is necessary as you will lose all your data?
Overheating and battery drain issue
If we love gaming then we know that nowadays most of the smartphone comes with support for 1K, 2K gaming. As is the case, Oppo F5 may overheat or drain the battery in case if we stream online video or play games for a long time. We all already know that most of the users these days use smartphones either for playing high-performance video games or streaming online videos of high resolution. Such use of smartphones leads to overheating and battery drain issue in these devices.
Lets us discuss how to fix such problems in Oppo F5 Smartphones.
- Do not use the smartphone while it is put on charge.
- If you are streaming high-resolution videos on a channel like youtube, you can lower the resolution which could resolve the problem of overheating.
- Oppo Smartphones comes with an installed app of Oppo which user can uninstall if it is not being used by them.
- You can go to settings> battery and battery setting usage to see which app is using how much battery and uninstall that particular app.
- You can put a limit on the number of games you have installed or play on Oppo F5.
- After uninstalling unnecessary apps from Oppo F5 user can perform a Factory reset.
Brightness problem in Oppo F5
I bought Oppo F5 from Gearbest, and now my phone brightness is very low. I can’t even take my phone out of the pocket to check the notification at the daytime under sunlight. – User report
When I play any video on Oppo F5, the brightness automatically goes to a minimum level. What should I do? – User report
Did you ever face any situation like that? well, the don’t worry, Here I will guide you on how to overcome the situation related to brightness on Oppo F5. We can overcome the low brightness issue with some simple solution
This brightness issue on Oppo F5 can be fixed with the help of the application. If you have the latest OTA, then upgrade and see if the brightness issue has solved. In case if you still see the brightness problem. A permanent solution will soon be available. In the meantime, you can download Lux Auto Brightness app from Google Play Store. It is one of the best tools which help in getting a control the brightness feature. Fortunately, there is a free version too available. Most Common Oppo F5 Problems and How to Fix it
Windows 10 does not recognize the phone
Some users have reported that Oppo F5 does not recognize by Windows 10 as a storage device. It becomes very hard to transfer files and another media content. Though the phone can still be charged from PC.
This issue has been resolved. You can manually enable USB Debugging mode by following a few easy steps.
- Open Settings – About Phone and keep tapping on Build Number several times till a pop-up
- The pop up will say “You are now a developer.”
- In the Setting menu, a new option will appear called Developer Options. Open it.
- Tap on USB debugging to enable it.
- You may have to reboot the phone once.
- Plug in the phone and change USB configuration to MTP.
This should resolve the issue and you will be able to transfer the file.
Mobile Data Connectivity Issue
Certain apps and games not working on mobile data
It has been found that some apps when connected to Wi-Fi work very well but when connected to mobile data, they do not perform as well.
The issue is related to APN settings. Follow these simple steps.
- Go to Settings-more networks-mobile network-access point names.
- Tap on APN for your network.
- Change the APN Protocol to IPv4 or IPv4/IPv6.
These settings are present to IPv6. This is the reason for issues when certain apps or games try to connect with mobile data.
Notifications get cleared automatically
There are reports that the Notification on Oppo F5 gets deleted automatically. This problem can be resolved by following the below simple method which can fix the Notifications get cleared automatically on Oppo F5.
This is not the issue of a bug. It is related to battery management. Follow these simple steps.
- Go to Settings – battery and then disable Hibernation/Aggressive Dose
- If you want to select which apps send you notifications, you can do it here. . Go to Settings – Battery – Battery Optimization (tap the three vertical dots at the top right corner). Here you can select which apps you want to receive notifications from.
I have seen many users from all different smartphone report problem related to Connectivity issue. As we said, this issue is normally present on some Android phone. There can be issues with connectivity on Oppo F5. Follow the given general steps for connectivity issue problems of Oppo F5
- Turn off the router for a few minutes,
- In the WI-Fi settings of the device, tap on forget the preferred network. Then add the details from scratch.
- In the WI-Fi Analyzer application, check the level of activity. If required, switch to the different
- Disable Power Saving Mode in Settings.
- Ensure that the MAC address for the phone is recognized by the router.
- No power saving mode should be enabled.
- Turn the Bluetooth of your device on and off.
- If the problem persists, go to Bluetooth Settings and clear the cache.
- Restart the phone.
- If there are multiple profiles, then maybe you have exceeded the limit of profiles you can save. Delete old and profiles no longer in use. Then try setting the connection from the beginning.
Bad Quality of Front Camera
Well, Not everyone. Some Users are not satisfied with the performance and low light solutions of its front camera. To get the best pictures, find the below steps, although we cannot counter the hardware constraints.
- While taking a picture, make sure you have an adequate amount of light in the area. That’s mean you should position yourself in some light to have a good picture.
- Negligible light goes through to the sensor, due to the small aperture of a smartphone camera. Therefore, we get grainy pictures because of lowlight photography.
Earpiece Sounds Robotic
The speakers of earpieces/hands-frees sound robotics and on the time of a phone call, it sounds metallic too, some users have complained.
- Go for another good quality earpieces for doing a phone call.
- Try to do another way. During a phone call press the volume up button to make the sound louder.
- This will help to make the other person more audible and will not remove the robotic tone of hands-free.
SD Card Remains Undetected
One of the Oppo F5 problems noticed is that after inserting the SD Card into it, sometimes it’s not even detected, claimed by users. If you have already inserted an SD card into the slot and it is still not being detected, you can try out the following Oppo F5 Solutions.
- Firstly, Insert the SD card again after restarting your Oppo F5.
- Try to insert your SD card into another smartphone or use a card reader to insert it into your PC and Make sure Your SD card is working properly.
- Try to format the SD card on the computer first and then insert it in Oppo F5.
- If this doesn’t work, try using another microSD card.
- If the problem still arises, take your smartphone to the service center as there might be something wrong with the microSD card slot.
Unable to eject the SIM tray
Some users have reported that they were not able to eject the SIM tray out of their smartphone. There can be several reasons for that to happen.
If you are not able to eject the SIM tray, you can follow the steps below.
- Make sure you using the SIM tray tool provided with the Oppo F5. It is in the same box the smartphone shipped in depending on the region, it may be in a cardboard envelope.
- If you don’t have the SIM tray eject tool, you can even use a paperclip to eject the tray from the smartphone housing.
- Do not try to pry the tray out; otherwise, you’ll damage it permanently. The only way to take it out is by putting the tool into the small slot located beside it.
- If the tray is still not coming out, you’ll need to take your smartphone to a certified Oppo technician.
Many users have reported about the inaccuracy in the touchscreen.
Anyways, this issue can be handled easily. Read here and find the Oppo F5 solutions possible. To fix Oppo F5 problems linked to the touch screen, follow the instructions below:
- Try to restart your Oppo F5 and check if the problem is solved.
- Make sure your hands are clean and not wet.
- Make sure the screen is totally clean and there are no oil or dust particles.
- There could be a software problem in some cases and the touch screen is unable to perform its tasks.
- Try to reset your factory option, if nothing works.
All the frequent problems and how to fix them have been discussed in detail above. These are small issues and they should not prevent you from buying a good phone. Almost all these problems are software related. Common problems in Oppo F5 makes customers unhappy, therefore, Oppo F5 keep sending updates to help with these issues. Just ensure you always have the latest version installed and enjoy your new phone. I hope this article will help you to fix the Oppo F5 Problems.
If you have tried all the above solutions and still you see the problem, then here are some of the solutions which you can perform.
I hope these Oppo F5 problems can be fixed by following this, in case if you could not resolve, then please send your device to a nearby service station to fix the issue.
- List of Oppo Devices Getting Android 8.0 Oreo Update
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
How about lagging when play games? any solution for that?
you have to wait for a new software update. Lag may also be due to many applications running in the background. so make sure you delete unnecessary apps from your Oppo F5.
How about not starting home screen..only welcome screen can display then start again and again same..
Its a software issue, so try to install a new update or please get the phone to service centre
Contact number and caller ID not tally.
A called me but the name shown is B’s caller ID.
I cannot update my software i am using wifi and yet it is always error
did you root your phone?
When Im trying to update the software using mobile data is it pops up saying that.Network error.Please Try again.Whats the problem with that.
how to move apps from internal to sd card or how to expand my internal storage with my sd card pls help.
My screen has square shaped pixelated like. It is visible when a dim color will show on screen. How can i repair this?
I can’t calling another number please help me
tried another sim to see if the problem persist?
My phone is having issues with Hands-free. The other person cannot hear me clearly when I use B-T hands free and with conventional cord- Hands-free it’s not even detecting the connection.
Try using another bt handsfree device to make sure if it is a bt handsfree issue !
I have problem in signals
When will the brightness issue be solved? Its really disappointing
Another issue is with my f5 64gb . The hotspot is not being detected by other devices. It is not showing in the list of available networks. Please advise
My oppo f5 wifi hotspot is not coneecting with my hp laptop while every other laptop catching its signals.
Similarly my laptop catching signals of every cell phone except of my oppo f5
My os services is taking too much data, why is it happening and how to restrict that?
OS Services? How did you find that? Can you share the screenshot?
My oppo f5 gets battery full. Its already 100%. I didn’t used it for a night and when I saw the battery in the morning it’s already 88% I bought my oppo f5 this january 2018.
It’s due to heavy battery hogging. Try to check the apps running in the background. It may be due to the recently installed application, So make sure to delete any recently installed application. Facebook is the main culprit in most cases.
if ur hotspot is not visible change your wifi settings from 5.0 ghz to 2.4ghz as if 5 ghz is selected only phones with 5.oghz are able to see the device.so just go to hotspot click on password and than select 2.4ghz than ur hotspot device is visible to all.
Browser is not open in Oppo f5 youth.
How ti fix my weak signal on my oppo f5..its hard to connect on fb or messenger even im in the city witch have a very strengh signal..
How to fix my weak signal on my oppo f5..its hard to connect on fb or messenger even im in the city witch have a very strengh signal..
I recently purchased Oppo F5 but facing issue with getting notifications. Trying to resolve, I altered some battery energy saving settings for getting notifications as advised in some YouTube videos. I didn’t find any resolution yet. It’s very critical as I tend to miss office and important personal emails. Kindly assist directing me how can I get this resolved.
Pictures get automatically deleted after some days and cant be seen in the deleted pictures folder as well.
hi sir after the recent system update my phone show notification on top that device admin is on because of my lock screen lock app
Regarding the Battery Optimization, I don’t see it anywhere on the Settings. Under Battery, there are no three vertical dots on the upper right corner. Please help.
My GPS waze apps do not work when I’m using my grab apps when I’m in my car. My tint is a cool… How can I make it stronger or what should I do..
How about Issue about the fingerprint, it is not responding, please help
My private safe is not running since I reset my phone
I have purchased oppo f5 plus 8 months back, now its giving me error *battery connection error. Plz contact customer support*
Plz suggest some solution
Recently I buy oppo F5
While I insert SIM card .. network shows only emergency.
After I reboot network comes only 5 minutes again it go back emergency call only..
Could you please give a valuable result..
Oppo f5 charging is very slow why???
Unable to open the settings of passcode, fingerprint, and finger print sensor is not working after my Oppo f5 fell into the water
Kalau beli xiaomi katanya kalau upgrade 4gnya gak aktif, gmn menurtnya mas tentang xiaomi ?
The video i download suddenly deleted. Can i know what the cause of this problem? It happen a few times. And i dont know what to do.
First solution, you can just reset your phone.
i bought one oppo its camera rotated if we took photos it coming as rotated down and screen not rotating
You mean the photo is showing in mirror side?
Recently i but oppo f5 , many times i set finger print but it dorsnt work when i want to unlock my phone,they say clean your finger and sensor, severe times i clean finger and sensor but still not working
My oppo f5 cannot detect gps signal. WaZe show “no gps reception”.. Another gps app write gps status “no fix”.. I think my f5 cannot connet to satellite. Help me fix this
Did you hard reset and check if the problem resolves?
I am using Oppo F5 64gb. It freezes often and also the battery does not last for long. It also shows so many advets.
I am OPPO F5 user and since 1 week there is no visual of any video in my mobile on utube or other site as only audio run and video screen is black. Hope for your support ASAP.