Do you use a Chinese version of Redmi Note 8 Pro and want to convert it to a global model.? Then you’re in the right place. Normally, a person from the non-Chinese region buys a Chinese variant if the global variant is yet to sell in their own market. Usually, the Chinese variant of smartphones comes without Google Apps. If you belong to some different region then getting software updates may be hassling for you. Usually, users find the global variant of a device easier to use due to the presence of Google Apps which is widely used except for China. In China, they do not use Google and its products.
In this guide, we have explained how to convert the China ROM to Global ROM on Redmi Note 8 Pro. We have put up the firmware file, Fastboot, Flash tool, etc that are required to perform the installation. Basically, you have to unlock the bootloader of the device and flash the global version of firmware on the Redmi Note 8 Pro. We are very glad to give credit to XDA developer nakedowl for the tools and the entire guide of conversion.
Redmi Note 8 Pro released in September 2019 running on MIUI 10 based on Android 9.0 Pie. It has 6.5-inches of the LED screen with a pixel resolution of 1080 x 2340. The display gets protection from Corning Gorilla Glass 5. This device runs on an octa-core Mediatek Helio G90T (12nm) chipset. Note 8 Pto is available in 6 GB and 8 GB memory variants. With the former, users will get the option for 64 GB and 128GB of ROM. Again, in the 8GB variant users will only get 128 GB of storage. The in-built storage is expandable up to 256GB using an SD card.
The Redmi Note 8 Pro has a powerful quad-camera setup which comprises 64 MP(wide) + 8 MP(ultrawide) + 2 MP(macro) + 2MP(depth sensor). In the front face, there is a selfie shooter of 20 MP with support of HDR, Panorama and video shooting of 1080p at 60FPS. A Non-removable Li-Po battery of 4500 mAh powers up the device.
How to convert China ROM to Global ROM on Redmi Note 8 Pro
To make the conversion you will need certain tools and also you ave to follow certain guidelines which we have put up in the requirements section.
- Charge the device battery up to 50% before performing the conversion
- You need to unlock the bootloader of Redmi Note 8 Pro
- Download the MiFlash Tool for Redmi Note 8 Pro
- A PC/Laptop
- Install ADB and Fastboot on your system
Firmware and Tools
Redmi Note 8 Pro Global Firmware | Download
Instructions for Performing Chinese to Global ROM Conversion
- Make sure that you have unlocked the bootloader of your device.
- Now Open the Mi FLASH tool,
- Switch off your device > Press Power button + Vol Down to enter Fastboot Mode
- Connect your phone to the system
- Now go to the folder where you have installed ADB. In that folder, right-click + Shift key > Open PowerShell Window. It will open the command prompt
- Now, to check whether your device is listed, give this command.
It will display the connected devices. If not, then re-connect the device.
- In the tool, Click on “Browse” -> “Advenced|”
- Locate the file flash_all_except_data_storage.bat from the global firmware you have downloaded.
- Hit FLASH and now wait as the installation of new firmware begins.
- Your Redmi Note 8 Pro will reboot after the flashing completes successfully.
That’s it, guys. You have now successfully converted Chinese ROM into Global ROM on your Redmi Note 8 Pro.