Paradox Development Studio did release a grand strategic role-playing video game called ‘Crusader Kings III’ which is all set in the Middle Ages and is a sequel to Crusader Kings and Crusader Kings II. It includes love, fight, scheme, and more so that players can get indulge in this title with strategic gameplay. Meanwhile, several players are encountering the Crusader Kings 3 Stuck on Loading or Initializing Game issue while trying to load it on the PC which seems frustrating.
Now, if you’re also encountering the same kind of issue then don’t worry because here we’ve shared with you a couple of possible workarounds that should come in handy. As per multiple reports, Crusader Kings 3 is experiencing the screen stuck on initializing or simply preventing players to get into the game with the loading screen. It looks like the loading screen doesn’t get past the next screen and the little circle in the corner keeps spinning infinitely.
- Fix: Crusader Kings 3 Stuck on Loading or Initializing Game
Fix: Crusader Kings 3 Stuck on Loading or Initializing Game
If we take a quick look at this Steam Community page, affected players are claiming that sometimes the game does load after waiting for 5-10 minutes which seems long enough. But recently it starts loading infinitely and doesn’t progress at all. There might be some possible reasons applicable behind such an issue something like an outdated game, issues with the graphics drivers, conflicts with in-game mods, corrupted game files, Firewall blocking, and more.
Fortunately, here we’ve shared a couple of troubleshooting methods that can help you in fixing the game loading issue on the PC. Make sure to follow all methods one by one until the problem gets fixed. So, without further ado, let’s jump into it.
1. Run the Game as Administrator
First of all, you should run the game application file on your PC as an administrator to grant the user account control access. It’ll allow the system to run the program file properly which reduces the chances of stuck on the loading screen or initializing the game issue. You can follow the steps below to do so:
- Right-click on the Crusader Kings 3 application file on your PC.
- Select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to select it.
- Now, click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
- Run the game and check for the issue again.
2. Update Crusader Kings 3
It’s highly suggested to check for the game updates on your PC by following the steps below to ensure there is no outdated game version present. Sometimes issues with the outdated game patch version might cause several conflicts at your end that can affect the game launching experience badly. To do that:
- Open Steam and go to Library.
- Click on Crusader Kings 3 from the left pane.
- Steam will automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, click on Update.
- Make sure to wait for some time until the update completes.
- Once done, ensure to reboot the PC to apply changes.
3. Verify and Repair the Game Files
Sometimes missing or corrupted game files on the PC may trouble players a lot. You can follow the steps below to verify and repair game files on the computer so the game can run properly.
- Launch the Steam client > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Crusader Kings 3 from the list.
- Click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- This process may take some time to get completed. So, have some patience.
- Once done, make sure to reboot the PC to apply changes.
4. Update Graphics Drivers
Checking for the graphics driver update on the PC is highly recommended by following the steps below. By doing so, you’ll be able to install the latest update, which will fix several graphical issues with the program. To do so:
- Right-click on the Start Menu to open up the Quick Link Menu.
- Click on Device Manager from the list to open it.
- Double-click on Display adapters to expand it.
- Right-click on the dedicated graphics card that you’re using.
- Click on Update driver > Choose Search automatically for drivers.
- The system will automatically check for the available update.
- If an update is available, it’ll automatically download and install the latest version.
- Once done, ensure to restart your PC to apply the changes.
If there is no update available on the PC then make sure to visit the official manufacturer website of the graphics card and manually grab the latest version. Search for the particular graphics card model by the following links.
5. Close Background Tasks
Another thing you can do is simply close unnecessary background tasks on your PC to ensure there is no additional consumption of system resources happening in the background whatsoever. To clear out background tasks:
- Press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab > Select the task that you want to close.
- Once selected, click on End Task.
- Make sure to do the steps for each task individually.
- Once done, restart your PC to change the effects immediately.
6. Check for the Internet Connection
You can also try checking out the internet connection at your end by running multiple speed tests and playing other multiplayer titles using the same network to ensure there is no issue with the internet. Mostly a poor or unstable internet connection can come to an end which occurs multiplayer issues or server connectivity issues. If you’re using Wi-Fi then switch to a wired network or vice versa to cross-check the issue.
You can also try performing the power cycle method on the Wi-Fi router that you’re using to refresh the connectivity by powering off the router and then disconnecting the power adapter from the power source > Wait for a couple of seconds then reconnect the adapter and turn on the router to check for the issue.
7. Disable All Mods
You should try disabling the in-game mods can sometimes help in avoiding Crusader Kings 3 Stuck on Loading or Initializing Game. Though mods can improve the gameplay experience and add multiple elements, it’s another reason behind the game launching issue in some cases.
8. Update Windows
Updating Windows OS build is always essential for PC users and gamers to reduce system glitches, compatibility issues, and crashes. Meanwhile, the latest version mostly includes additional features, improvements, security patches, and more. To do that:
- Press the Win+I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Click on Update & Security > Select Check for updates under the Windows Update section.
- If there is an update available, select Download and Install.
- It may take a while to complete the update.
- Once done, restart your computer to install the update.
9. Reinstall Crusader Kings 3
If none of the methods worked for you, try uninstalling and then reinstalling the Crusader Kings 3 game on your PC to ensure there is no issue with the game installation directory. Some affected players did find this method useful. So, you should try it out.
- Launch the Steam client on your computer.
- Now, go to Library > Right-click on Crusader Kings 3.
- Head over to Manage > Select Uninstall.
- If prompted, click Uninstall again and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
- Once done, simply restart the PC to apply changes.
- Finally, launch Steam, and reinstall Crusader Kings 3 on a different drive using the same Steam account to check if the problem is still bothering you or not.
- You’re good to go. Enjoy!
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was useful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.