Nowadays, the “Something wrong when loading the dc_wff.dll” error disturbing a lot of Windows users and destroying their smooth computer using experience. As we know, the DC_WFF.dll is an essential component of TWCU (TP-LINK Wireless Configuration Utility). If the DC_WFF.dll file is corrupted or missing otherwise not registered properly, the said error prompt displays on the screen and causes several issues with the Windows startup process.
How to fIX “Something wrong when loading the DC_WFF.DLL” error?
The said error mostly appeared after a Windows update. However, this error is a common one and can be resolved quickly in no time. In this article, we have mentioned some fixes below to get rid of the “Something wrong when loading the dc_wff.dll” error easily.
Fixes 1: Re-register the DC_WFF file:
Sometimes the “Something wrong when loading the DC_WFF.DLL” error appeared on the screen due to the file is not registered correctly. To get rid of the error, you need to re-register the DC_WFF file. For doing so, follow the steps given below;
- First of all, go to the Windows search bar, type “cmd”, and launch the Command Prompt window from the search results. Make sure you launch it with Administrator access.
- Now on the Command prompt window, type the following commands and press Enter after each command.
regsvr32 /u dc_wff.dll regsvr32 /i dc_wff.dll
Once the process gets completed, exit from the Command Prompt and restarts your system. Then check the issue got solved or not.
Fixes 2: Reinstall the TP-Link Application and its Drivers:
As per few suffered users, reinstalling the TP-Link application and its drivers has resolved the “Something wrong when loading the DC_WFF.DLL” error issue for them. So, we recommend you try the same and check if it works for you. For doing so, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, in the Windows search bar, type Settings and open the relevant search result.
- In the Settings window, select the Apps and Features option.
- Then expand the option TP-Link Wireless Configuration Utility and click on Uninstall button.
- Then confirm the Uninstall process by pressing ‘Yes’ and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Finally, restart your system and check the issue get solved or not. If yes, then download and reinstall the application (only the device driver, not the entire application)
Fixes 3: Clean Boot the System:
If any of the applications installed on the system interrupt the startup items of the PC, then users will receive a “Something wrong when loading the DC_WFF.DLL” error message. To escape from this error, Clean boot the system, find out problematic applications, and then disable or remove them. For doing so, follow the steps given below;
- Firstly, press Windows Key+R simultaneously.
- Now in the Run dialog box, type “msconfig” and click on the OK button.
- In the newly opened System Configuration window, select the Services tab.
- And at the bottom left corner, check on Hide All Microsoft Services option.
- Then click on Disable All button.
- Now click on Apply and click OK.
- When the restart prompt appears, choose Restart Later.
- Again, press and hold Windows key+R and type “msconfig” and click the OK button.
- This time in the System Configuration window, select the Startup tab and choose Open Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager window, find Startup impact and Disable all the applications with high impact.
- To disable, right-click on the chosen program and select Disable option. (This will only disable the app/process from automatically starting up when the computer reboots).
- Once the process is done, restart your system and check whether the issue is solved or not.
If the issue is solved, then enable that disabled applications one after another till the problematic one is found. Once found, disable the application at the system’s startup or uninstall it. Otherwise, right-click on the process in Task Manager and select Open File Location to find the application. If you find problematic one, please update or reinstall it.
Fixes 4: Reset Windows:
In case none of those mentioned above fixes works for you, then users can reset their Windows. For doing so, follow the steps given below;
- Firstly, in the desktop search bar, type Windows defender, and from the search results, open Windows Defender Security Centre.
- Then on the left pane, select the Device performance & health option.
- Now under the Fresh start section, click on the Additional Info link.
- Then on the next screen, select the option Get Started and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.
Note: All third-party applications will be automatically uninstalled when Reset your Windows, and applications stored from the Windows Store will still be there.
These are the reliable solutions to repair the “Something wrong when loading the DC_WFF.DLL” error. All the fixes provided above are safe to follow and tested by the experts. We are sure that any of the above fixes will help you to resolve this error issue quickly.
However, users can temporarily disable their system’s antivirus to check if the antivirus is causing the error. This is only a temporary solution because keeping your system without any trusted antivirus program for long can make it more prone to viruses and malware. After reading this article, if you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.