Our smartphones are one of the most used pieces of tech in our daily life. We use it to communicate, listen to music, do other media consumption, take photos and videos, etc. Probably, taking photos and videos is something that is being done more often, all thanks to great camera technology on modern-day smartphones. But, if you keep an enormous amount of photos and video data on your device then, it could eat up your entire storage and make your phone slow and laggy. You might be wondering, yes, I would go ahead and delete them, simple.
However, not everyone is fortunate as the delete button does nothing for many users. Matter of fact, even after deleting the photos, it creeps back up on the gallery. And if you are also one such user or know anyone then, this guide might come handy. As in this post, we will guide you with some of the tips and methods to get rid of the images and deleting them from your smartphone. In this guide, we will be including tips for both Android as well as iPhone users. So, that being said, let us get straight into the article itself:
How to delete photos on Android
Below are some of the top ways that you can follow to get rid of the photos on your Android smartphone:
Restart your device
This is probably the most common and the most sought after fix that every user follows if he gets to a point of not getting back (talking about anything related to phone here!). Simply switch off your phone and check whether the almighty Delete button is working for you or not.
Delete your photos the right way
- Go to Settings.
- Navigate to Apps and Notifications.
- Under All Apps, search for Media Storage.
- Tap on Storage and then Clear Cache.
You can similarly clear the cache data of your default gallery app or even cloud services.
Delete thumbnail folder
Uninstall the app
How to delete photos on iPhone
Below are some of the ways that you can follow to get rid of the photos on your iPhone:
- Open iTunes on your PC.
- Connect your iPhone to the PC using the original iPhone cable.
- Select your iPhone.
- Open the Photos tab.
- Deselect the images that you wish to delete from your iPhone.
- Click on Apply.
- Create an empty folder on your PC.
- Sync your iPhone’s photos to that folder, and to do that:
a. Open iTunes.
b. Select the Photos tab.
c. Choose that empty folder on your PC.
d. Click Apply.
- Now un-sync that folder from your iPhone and check whether this deletes the images or not.
- Head over to Settings>>Tap on Photos>>Turn of the toggle My Photo Stream.
- Connect your iPhone to the PC into any Mac computer and launch Image Capture.
- Select your device.
- Select both the copies of the images that your wish to delete and tap on the delete button.
- That’s it!
So, there you have it from my side in this post. I hope you guys liked this post and were able to overcome the issue of deleting the images from Android and iPhone. Let us know in the comments below if you are still facing any issues or know a better solution for this problem. Until the next post…Cheers!