Gameloft has been known for its stunning video games in the industry for many years and Disney Speedstorm is no exception here. Regarding the free-to-play kart racing video game, Disney Speedstorm has become one of the trending titles where players can select their favourite characters and race in various tracks inspired by Disney & Pixar themes. Though this title has received plenty of positive reviews over a few months, it seems that Disney Speedstorm stuttering, lags, or freezing issues on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox, and Switch occurring a lot.
Unfortunately, players are experiencing lagging and stuttering issues while joining the game or trying to get into the multiplayer servers. So, it seems that input delay or in-game bugs are one of the possible reasons behind the lagging issue. However, the chances are high that temporary system glitches, internet connectivity issues, server downtime, DNS cache issues, an outdated game patch version, corrupted game files, lack of system admin privileges, etc can trouble players.
In addition, outdated system software or unnecessary background processes, VPN-related conflicts, antivirus or firewall blocking issues, in-game graphics settings conflicts, and more can also be other potential reasons behind the stuttering or freezing issue. No matter whether you’re using a PC or a gaming console, these kinds of issues might trouble you quite often. But you don’t need to worry about it because the lagging or freezing issue can be resolved manually at your end most of the time.
- Fix: Disney SpeedStorm Stuttering, Lags, or Freezing on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox, and Switch
- 1. Power Cycle Your PC/Console
- 2. Check Your Internet Connection
- 3. Run Disney Speedstorm as an Administrator
- 4. Update the Graphics Driver
- 5. Check for Disney Speedstorm Updates
- 6. Scan and Repair the Game Files
- 7. Clear DNS Cache
- 8. Close Unnecessary Processes
- 9. Keep Your Gaming Device Cool Down
- 10. Disable VPN
- 11. Add the Game Exception on Antivirus
- 12. Set Disney Speedstorm to High Priority
- 13. Update the System Software
- 14. Adjust In-Game Graphics Settings
- 15. Contact Gameloft Support
Fix: Disney SpeedStorm Stuttering, Lags, or Freezing on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox, and Switch
Fortunately, here we’ve managed to provide you with some workarounds that should come in handy. Make sure to follow all troubleshooting methods until the problem has been fixed. So, without further ado, let’s get into it.
1. Power Cycle Your PC/Console
First of all, you should try performing a power cycle method on your computer or console by following the steps below to ensure there is no temporary system glitch bothering you. By doing this process, any potential system cache data issue should be fixed ASAP.
- Power Off the PC or console first.
- Disconnect the power cable from the device.
- Wait for a couple of minutes and press the power button on the device.
- Now, connect the power cable again.
- Then Power On the device to check for the issue.
2. Check Your Internet Connection
Any kind of internet connectivity issue might trouble you a lot when it comes to online multiplayer titles or server connectivity. It’s always a better idea to check for the internet connection manually at your end by running the speed test or ping test. If the internet connection is slow or unstable then switch to another network such as wired (ethernet) to Wi-Fi or vice versa. Still, having issues? Contact your internet service provider (ISP) to get better technical help.
3. Run Disney Speedstorm as an Administrator
Another thing you can do is to launch the game application with the system admin access to run it properly. Without having the system admin privilege for your game application, you’ll encounter several issues on Windows to run the game app.
- Go to the installed game directory on the PC.
- Right-click on Disney SpeedStorm (exe).
- Go to Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Enable the Run this program as an administrator option.
- Click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
4. Update the Graphics Driver
An outdated or corrupted graphics card driver can trigger multiple issues with the games or system performance while running programs. It’s highly recommended to check the graphics driver update. You can follow the steps below to do so:
- Press the Win+X keys to open the Quick Link Menu.
- Click on Device Manager from the list > Double-click on Display adapters.
- Right-click on the dedicated graphics card that you’re using.
- Click on Update driver > Choose Search automatically for drivers.
- If the latest update is available, it’ll automatically download & install the latest version.
- Once done, restart the computer to apply changes immediately.
Alternatively, you can manually download the latest graphics driver version and install it on the PC via the official website. Download the graphics driver file respective to your graphics card model and manufacturer from the links below.
5. Check for Disney Speedstorm Updates
Try checking for the Disney SpeedStorm updates on your respective gaming console to ensure there is no issue with the in-game bug or stability. Sometimes conflicts with the performance drops, lags, or crashes in the game might happen due to an outdated patch version and nothing else. To update the game, you can check the steps below.
- Open Steam > Go to Library.
- Click on Disney SpeedStorm from the left pane.
- Click on the Update button, if a new update is available.
- Once done, reboot the PC to apply changes.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Head over to Library.
- Now, click on the three-dot icon next to Disney SpeedStorm.
- Make sure the Auto Update option is turned on.
- Whenever the update is available, it’ll automatically install the update.
- Head over to the PlayStation Home Screen.
- Select the Disney SpeedStorm game.
- Press the Options button > Select Check for Updates.
- If there is an update available, the system will automatically download and install it.
Note: You should also Enable automatic video game updates via Settings > Saved Data and Game/App Settings > Automatic Updates > Turn on Auto-Download.
- Go to the My Games and Apps section on your dashboard.
- Select Manage > Choose Updates.
- If an update is available, go to the Disney SpeedStorm game.
- Press the A key on the controller to start the update process.
- Once done, you can Set Automatic Updates.
- You can also Turn on ‘Keep my games and apps up to date’.
For Nintendo Switch:
- Head over to the home screen of your Nintendo Switch.
- Select Disney SpeedStorm > Press the Plus button on the right of the controller.
- Select Software Update.
- Choose Using the Internet as a Source and then proceed.
- Wait for the update to be completed.
- Once done, reboot the Nintendo Switch.
6. Scan and Repair the Game Files
Any corrupted or missing game files on the system might trigger game running issues up to some extent. We recommend you follow the steps below to verify and repair the installed game files.
- Run Steam and click on Library.
- Right-click on Disney SpeedStorm from the list.
- Click on Properties > Go to the Local Files files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Wait for it to complete and then restart the PC.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Go to Library.
- Click on Disney SpeedStorm > Select the three dots next to the game.
- Select the Manage option.
- Now, click on the Verify option.
- Wait for it to complete and then restart the computer.
7. Clear DNS Cache
The chances are high that somehow your DNS cache data becomes corrupted on the Windows computer due to several reasons. It’s recommended to clear the DNS cache data manually on your system by following the steps below. This method will help in refreshing the network connectivity.
- Open the Start Menu > Type cmd to search.
- Right-click on Command Prompt > Select Run as administrator.
- If prompted, click on Yes to allow the system admin privilege.
- Inside the command prompt window, type the following command and hit Enter:
- Once done, close cmd, and restart the PC to apply changes.
8. Close Unnecessary Processes
Try closing the game task manually from the background and then retry running the game to check if the problem persists or not. Background running tasks can affect applying changes or performing fixes from the core. To do so:
- Press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Go to Processes > Click on the Steam/Disney SpeedStorm task in the list.
- Click on End Task to close it.
- You should also close other third-party unnecessary tasks.
- Once done, reboot the system to apply changes.
9. Keep Your Gaming Device Cool Down
You should check for the console overheating while using it or playing video games for a long time because inadequate ventilation to the PC/console can cause crashes and lags with the game. Try making proper adjustments to the gaming device like a computer or console so that it can easily get air ventilation.
10. Disable VPN
We suggest you not use any kind of VPN (Virtual Private Network) or proxy servers at your end to avoid server connectivity issues. The chances are high that using a VPN is probably causing ping delay issues which eventually increases in-game lags or stutters.
11. Add the Game Exception on Antivirus
Sometimes adding the Disney Speedstorm executable application to the antivirus (whitelist) can also fix multiple issues with the lag or freeze. Multiple reports are claiming that Windows Defender Antivirus aggressively blocks game files from loading or launching. To do so:
- Press the Win+I keys to open Settings.
- Click on Privacy & Security > Click on Windows Security.
- Then click on Virus & Threat Protection.
- Now, click on Manage Ransomware Protection.
- Turn ON the Controlled Folder Access toggle (if prompted by UAC, click on Yes).
- Click on Allow an app through controlled folder access (If prompted by UAC, click on Yes).
- Click on Add an allowed app > Head over to the installed game directory.
- You’ll need to select the DisneySpeedstorm.exe application.
- Now, click on Open to add it.
- Once done, reboot the PC to apply changes.
12. Set Disney Speedstorm to High Priority
You might also need to set the Disney Speedstorm game task to high priority via Task Manager to allocate enough resources to run it properly. As the game process requires higher system resources, allocating the high priority might help in fixing the issue quite easily. To do so:
- Right-click on the Start Menu > Select Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab > Right-click on the Disney Speedstorm task.
- Use Set Priority to High.
- Once done, run the game to check for the issue.
13. Update the System Software
An outdated system software version on your specific console will ensure there will be no lags or hiccups whatsoever. You should always check for the system software updates at your console to avoid incompatibility issues or bugs. To do so:
- Press the Win+I keys to open Settings.
- Click on Windows Update from the left.
- Click on the Check for updates button.
- If there is a new update available, click on Download and Install.
- Once done, reboot your PC to apply changes.
- Head over to Settings on the top-right side of the Home Screen.
- Go to System > Navigate to System Software.
- Choose System Software Update and Settings.
- Select Update System Software.
- Hit Update Using Internet.
Note: If your PS4/PS5 isn’t connected to an active internet network then try downloading the update file via a computer. Then copy and paste it to a USB flash drive from the folders & select the Update Using USB option.
- Ensure to connect your Xbox console to an active internet network.
- Open the Guide menu by pressing the Xbox button on your controller.
- Go to Profile & System > Select Settings.
- Navigate to System > Choose Updates.
- Proceed to update if you see ‘Console update available’.
For Nintendo Switch:
- Charge the Nintendo Switch sufficiently.
- Go to the HOME Menu > Choose System Settings.
- Select System > Choose System Update.
- Wait for the system update to complete. (if available)
- Once done, reboot the console.
14. Adjust In-Game Graphics Settings
Another thing you should do is adjust the in-game graphics settings depending on your PC configuration. If you’re using a console then you might not need to worry about manual adjustments.
- Launch Disney Speedstorm > From the main screen, go to Settings. [cogwheel icon]
- Go to Advanced Graphics > Now, set the Overall Quality Preset to Medium/High. [Recommended]
- According to the Preset, all the graphics settings will be adjusted automatically.
- However, you can manually adjust any specific value as per your choice.
15. Contact Gameloft Support
If nothing seems to work for you then make sure to contact Gameloft Support regarding the Disney Speedstorm game to get recommended workarounds. You can also click on the Contact Us button and then submit your issue with other valid details so that the developers can investigate the issue further.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.