Asus has rolled out the latest Pie update to most of their latest devices. If you have upgraded your Asus ZenFone Max Plus M2 (ZB634KL) to the latest firmware and didn’t like it much, then you can downgrade it. Today in this post, we will guide you on how to downgrade Asus ZenFone Max Plus M2 from Android 9.0 Pie to Oreo. You need to Downgrade Asus ZenFone Max Plus M2 from Android 9.0 Pie to Oreo if you are facing issues in the latest Pie update.
After the latest Pie update, many users are complaining about several issues. Such as battery drain issue, performance issue, camera lag issue etc. To fix this problem, you need to downgrade Asus ZenFone Max Plus M2 to Oreo. This is a fairly complicated process but doesn’t worry. As we will guide you through each step of the process.
What is Downgrade process?
Downgrade process refers to the process where a user installs an outdated os version than the current OS. You might need to downgrade the device if you’re not liking the latest pie update. To downgrade your Asus ZenFone Max Plus M2 (ZB634KL), you need adb fastboot tool and rollback files for your device. You can find these in the download section below.
Rollback Firmware Details:
- Device: Asus ZenFone Max Plus M2
- Model: ZB634KL
- Android Rollback Version: 9.0 Pie -> 8.1 Oreo
- Rollback UI: Zen UI
- Status: Official
- Type: Rollback firmware Package
- Changelog: This update will roll back your phone’s operating system to Android 8.1
Download Drivers and Rollback Files
To downgrade you must download the Asus ZenFone Max Plus M2 Rollback file from the link given below in respect of the region code.
- Download the latest Asus USB Drivers
- Rollback Package Here
- ZB634KL Variant: Download Here
Downgrade Asus ZenFone Max Plus M2 from Android 9.0 Pie to Oreo
If you have upgraded your Asus ZenFone Max Plus M2 and don’t like the update or facing any issues like Lag, or your battery draining quickly, then you can downgrade from Android 9.0 Pie to Oreo by following this steps.
- This guide is only for Asus ZenFone Max Plus M2
- Make sure to download all the required tools, drivers and Rollback package
- Charge your Asus ZenFone Max Plus M2 to at least 50% before following this guide
- By rolling back, you may lose all your data. So take a complete backup of your data.
- I don’t guarantee that this will work on all Asus ZenFone Max Plus M2 variant. So make sure to comment below with your model
Now you can easily revert back to Android Oreo using this guide. The Guide is simple and easy to return to Oreo from 9.0 Pie Update.
Method 1: Upgrade via Recovery
- Download the firmware file from the download link given above and move it to your device storage.
- Now, enter the device into the recovery mode.
- Switch off your phone > Hold and Long press Power button + Volume Up and your device will boot into recovery mode.
- Now, in the recovery menu, select the option Apply update from sd card.
- Choose update.zip OTA firmware (V16.2017.1906.066) file which you’ve downloaded and moved earlier.
- Wait for some time to complete the installation process.
- Finally, reboot your phone to complete the process.
- You’re done.
Method 2: Upgrade via ADB toolHow to Sideload ROMs and Mods Using ADB Sideload
I hope this guide has helped you to downgrade Asus ZenFone Max Plus M2 from Pie to Oreo. In case you’re facing any kind of issue during the flashing/installing process, then let us know via the comment section.