Android Communications Device Class (CDC) is a Universal Serial Bus device class. The Android CDC serial driver is also known as CDC Serial Driver MTK (Mt65xx) is a ports device. The tool is developed by MediaTek Inc. Here in this article, we will share with you the guide to Download and Install Android CDC Serial Driver for Phones [Latest Version].
The driver is compatible with Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10 version and works for Android devices powered by MediaTek chipset. The CDC driver is for Android phones which helps to communicate with PC to flash the firmware file or transfer files. The newer MediaTek devices require Android CDC Driver while in earlier days, users preferred PC Suite to transfer data.
What is Android CDC Serial Driver?
Android CDC Driver is a driver which helps to connect the Mediatek chipset-powered devices with a Windows computer. It creates a communication bridge between the PC and the device where you can transfer files or flash. After properly connecting your android device or tablet with the personal computer via the Android CDC driver, you can also flash stock firmware in your device via SP Flash Tool.
CDC Serial Driver | Download
Steps to Install Android CDC Serial Driver
We have provided an easy and step-by-step process to install the CDC Driver on your Windows PC/Laptop. Follow the guide properly.
- First, download and extract the CDC Driver on your Windows PC or Laptop normally.
- Next, open the Device Manager on your computer by pressing the dedicated Win button and type the device manager in the search bar. It will give you the search result and just click on it.
- Now, click on Action Menu from the top bar and select Add Legacy Hardware.
- Then click on the Next button.
- This will open Add Hardware Wizard. Just click on the Next button.
- Now, click on Show All Devices and click on the Next button.
- Then click on the Have Disk option and locate the Android CDC Driver on your PC. (driver.inf)
- Click on Next to continue and again click on the Next button.
- A Windows Security Dialog Box will now appear. Select Install this driver software anyway.
- The device manager will install the driver anyway and you will get a confirmation message.
- Finally, click on the Finish button to close the wizard.
- That’s it. You’re done.
We hope that this guide will help you a lot. If you’re facing any issues regarding this, feel free to write them down in the comments below.