If a Spreadtrum UniSoc chipset powers your smartphone or device then, there is a tool with the help of which you will be able to flash stock firmware on it with the help of a Windows PC. It also allows you to upgrade your Spreadtrum UniSoc devices, be it a smartphone or tablet, to the latest firmware by manually upgrading it to the latest version. Moreover, there are other flashing tools like the SP Flash tool or the MTK tool, but, sadly, they do not allow you to flash the firmware on your phone. With the help of the SPD Research Tool, you can flash the PSC Firmware file.
If you are also looking for a way to download and install the latest SPD Research tool for your Spreadtrum UniSoc device, then you are at the right place, as in this post. Here we will be giving you the links to download the SPD Research tool and also a guide on how to install it to flash the firmware on your Spreadtrum UniSoc powered smartphone or tablet. So, that being said, let us get straight into the article itself:
What is SPD Research Tool?
As mentioned above, with the help of the SPD Research Tool, you can flash any stock firmware file onto your Spreadtrum powered smartphone or tablet. It has easy to use interface, which allows you to quickly select the correct firmware and flash onto your phone. Moreover, the UI is clean and does not clutter you with many options. You can access the settings of the tool, for instance, flashing configs, multi-languages, LCD configurations, and more. Besides, you can also flash recovery on your Spreadtrum powered phone or tablet. There are several languages that you can choose from as per your convenience and use the tool. It is pretty small in size, and you can customize LCD too.
Features of SPD Research Tool
- Easy to use interface.
- Compatible with all Windows versions.
- Multiple languages are available.
- Small in size.
- Flash PAC firmware.
- Flash P5C firmware.
- Flash Stock firmware and recovery.
Download latest version of SPD Research Tool
I would strongly recommend you create a backup of your device storage and all your files stored on your device before you use the SPD Research tool for flashing or installing stock firmware. As installing stock firmware will wipe off the entire data on your device. Moreover, it is advised to follow the steps mentioned in this post very carefully to avoid permanent damage or to the brick of your device. If anything goes wrong, the author or GetDroidTips is not responsible for it.
How to Flash using SPD Research Tool
- Firstly, download the latest SPD Research tool on your PC and extract the contents of it.
- Now, you need to download the stock firmware of your phone or device.
- Open the ResearchDownload.exe file on your PC.
- You will be greeted with the following screen.
- Click on the Load Packet button.
- Now you need to load the PAC firmware file that you have download and click on the Open button.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable.
- Click on Start Downloading option to begin flashing.
- It will take some time to complete the process.
- You will be presented with a green pass message once the flashing is successful.
- Disconnect your phone and voila! Your device has been successfully flashed.
So, there you have it from my side in this post. I hope you guys liked this post and were able to successfully flash the stock firmware on your Spreadtrum powered phone or any device. Let us know in the comments below if you come across any issues while following the above-mentioned process. Until the next post…Cheers!