If you have installed Lineage OS then you must flash the Lineage OS Gapps to get all functionalities of Google services. Already Lineage OS ROM’s available to Download. Follow this Step by Step guide to Install GApps for Lineage OS.
GApps (Google Apps) is the must on every Android smartphone to run Google Play store services. Most of the AOSP, CM, Lineage OS doesn’t include GApps, So users have to install GApps pack separately.
Lineage OS are based on latest Android Nougat. If you are flashing any custom ROM, then that ROM includes only apps provided by Lineage OS team, So you will not have any Google services, you can’t even install any google apps as you don’t have play store to download them and you must have google play services installed to run any Google App (Gmail, Google Plus, Youtube and many other applications). So you have to flash GApps for Lineage OS ROMs to enjoy all the Google Apps.
- Custom TWRP recovery must have been installed on your device.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Install TWRP recovery mode in your device.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed
- Take the complete backup of your phone and then proceed. (It will not erase your data, But still we recommend).
HOW TO INSTALL GAPPS for LINEAGE OS
- Download Google GApps
- Copy the zip file to your phone.
- Switch off and Reboot your device into TWRP recovery (press Volume down + Power Button key together)
- Click on Wipe in the main menu, “Swipe to Factory Reset.”
- Now go back to the main menu, Click on Install, choose Lineage OS GApps Zip file (Which you have saved in your device in step 1) and Swipe to Install.
- Wait until Installation Process completes and reboot your Device.
Let us know your feedback, In the comment section below.