ModemMeta Tool is a handy application for Windows that allows you to easily flash IMEI, Write IMEI, repair IMEI on MediaTek chipset running devices such as smartphones, tablets, or feature phones. It’s a successor of the MauiMeta Tool which is also quite popular. If you’re also interested in performing IMEI-related tasks on any of your MTK devices, you can Download and Use the ModemMeta Tool.
It’s an easy-to-use IMEI flashing or repairing or backup & restore tool for the MTK device users that can only run on the MTK chipset-powered handsets. Keep in mind that if you’re using any other handset from a different processor, it won’t work. The tool comes with an installer application that you’ll have to download and extract to run the setup process. Once done, you can flash, repair, backup, and restore the IMEI of your device.
Download ModemMeta Tool and How to Use It?
Disclaimer: Flashing IMEI other than the original is illegal in several regions and may cause trouble to you. Therefore, we’ll recommend you only flashing or repairing the original IMEI number on the specific MTK device that comes out of the box.
You can grab all the available Modem Meta Tool versions including the latest one from here. Now, let’s follow the steps below to install and use it.
- Download the MediaTek Driver Autoinstaller on your Windows computer. [If the MediaTek Driver is already installed, then skip this step]
- Once downloaded, extract the zip file on the PC > Run the installer application > Complete the installation process.
- Now, make sure to download the latest version of the ModemMeta Tool on your PC.
- Then extract the zip file > Run the installer application and install the tool > If you get ‘Windows protected your PC’ notice then click on More info > Select Run anyway. [If already installed then skip this step]
- If prompted by UAC, click on Yes to allow the admin privilege > Click on Next.
- Select Install > Wait for the installation process and click on Finish.
- Next, launch the ModemMeta Tool > Once the tool opens, you can see the following interface.
- Under Platform (Main), make sure to select the Smart Phone checkbox. [Usually, it is selected by default]
- Now, select USB from the Port drop-down menu.
- Click on the Connect button > Simply switch off your MediaTek handset and connect it to the computer using a USB data cable properly.
- Once the device is successfully connected to the PC, the ModemMeta Tool will automatically detect the device in the Meta Mode. [The device may be stuck in the boot screen. So, don’t worry]
- After checking everything, the tool will show you Connected status at the bottom left corner of the interface.
- Now, click on Load DB from the top left corner of the interface.
- Locate the DB file (NVRAM file) from the stock firmware folder of your MediaTek device model on the computer. [You’ll have to download the Stock ROM file for your specific device model]
- However, if you want to directly get the database files of your MediaTek device model to flash or repair the IMEI number then you can grab the AP-BP-Base.zip file.
- Click on the DB file to select it and choose to Open.
- Next, click on the Search Tools bar and select IMEI Download from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure to double-click on the IMEI field and input the original IMEI number of your connected MediaTek device that you can find out at the backside of the handset or box package.
- Once added, just click on the Write button > Once the IMEI flashing process is successful, you’ll be able to see the successful message.
- Finally, disconnect the handset from the computer and restart your MTK device.
- You’re done. Simply open the phone dialer app and type *#06# to get the IMEI number displayed on the screen again.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.