If you are into rooting and unlocking the bootloader on your device then, probably you might have heard about the custom recovery TWRP. Basically, TWRP is important in order to install the Magiskon your device to gain the root access. Moreover, if you have been doing this for some time then, you should understand that in almost all the smartphones, flashing the recovery is pretty similar. Besides, it makes it easier to create a universal TWRP recovery flash file to install on almost all the devices. And in this post, we bring to you a guide on how to download the Universal Flasher Tool to flash TWRP recovery on any Android device.
Thanks to Xda member, Masked, for developing this Universal Flasher Tool that allows the users to flash TWRP recovery on any Android device. Moreover, the real name of the tool is also Universal TWRP Flasher. You might come across some bugs and glitches as this is still in the beta stage. One thing to keep in mind is as we have already said, there are most of the smartphones that follow the same procedure for rooting and flashing of TWRP recovery. However, there are some that do not. So, this tool will not work with Samsung smartphones, or with devices installed with stock firmware or a custom ROM.
So, without any further ado, let us get straight into the article itself;
Download Universal Flasher Tool to flash TWRP Recovery on any Android device
The Universal Flasher Tool will not only install the TWRP recovery on your device but, also root the device for you. This might be a great feature for some who were looking forward to rooting their devices. However, if you do not want to root the device straightaway then, you should not use this tool since it automatically roots the device as well. This tool works perfectly fine but it is highly recommended that you follow all the steps very carefully.
- You will need a Windows laptop/PC
- Any Android smartphone with an unlocked bootloader
- Make sure that you have enabled USB Debugging on your device
- Go to the official TWRP website to find a TWRP recovery image for your supported device in order to flash it
How to install the Universal Flasher Tool on your PC
- Firstly, download the Universal Flasher Tool from the download section above.
- Once the download is complete, extract the contents of the flasher tool in your C drive.
- Make sure that you have a folder named TWRP in your C drive.
- Now, copy the TWRP image file and TWRP installer file to C:\TWRP\Files. Make sure that you rename both the files as twrp.img and twrp.zip (many of the devices do not have an installer file, so you can just copy the image file).
- You need to connect your device to the PC via a USB cable.
- Open either the 32-bit or the 64-bit version of the TWRP Flasher tool depending on your system.
- Click OK on the pop-up window.
- You will be asked to Allow USB Debugging permission on your device. Grant permission.
- Once you click OK, another pop-up will come up where you again need to press the OK button.
- The flasher tool will boot your device into the bootloader mode and start flashing the TWRP Recovery.
- Note that along with the flashing the recovery, your device will also be rooted as mentioned earlier.
- You can install the latest Magisk Manager app from their official website once the rooting process is done.
- That’s it!
So, there you have it from my side in this post. Hope you liked this post and were able to successfully flash your device with TWRP recovery and rooted your device with the help of this Flasher Tool. Let us know in the comments below if you faced any issues following any of the above steps. Until the next post…Cheers!