Diag Port is known as Diagnostic Mode that allows users to test out all kinds of different working processes of hardware and software on the Qualcomm chipset running devices. Now, if you’re looking for enabling diag port in Reliance Jio phones by only flashing the latest firmware file then that won’t gonna work properly. Here we’ve shared an easy guide to do the task completely without flashing the firmware.
Due to the latest security measures on Jio phones running on Qualcomm processor, users may not enable the Diagnostic Mode easily. It’s also worth mentioning that the Diag port must be enabled on Qualcomm smartphones in order to write or repair the IMEI number.
Once you’ve enabled the diag port on your Qualcomm device, you will be able to repair or change the IMEI number of your device via QPST tool, QFIL tool, or others easily. Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
Table of Contents
How to Enable Diag Port in Jio Phones
- First of all, you will need to replace the new file to the old file.
- You can find the Loader file of your Jio phone model under the Boot_images > Build > ms > bin > 8909 > emmc folder.
- Now, copy all files from the EMMC folder and replace it with old files.
- Make sure that QFil Tool is installed on your PC.
- Now, connect your Jio device to the PC and start flashing it using the Qfil tool.
We have three different options to enable Qualcomm Diag port easily on your device. Check out the steps from below: If one method doesn’t work, then follow another method.
[A.] Using Diag Port Code (Dial Number)
[B.] Terminal Emulator App (APK)
[C.] ADB Command Method
A. Dial Number
- Open the phone dialer app and type *#*#717717#*#* to enable.
Now, you have Enabled Or Disabled Diag Mode on your Jio phone (Qualcomm device). If this does not work, then try the second method.
B. Terminal Emulator App (APK) to Enable Or Disable Diag Mode on Qualcomm device
- Your phone should be Rooted first for the second method.
- Install Terminal Emulator Apk on your phone.
- Connect the device to the computer.
- Enable USB Debugging on your handset via the Developer Options.
- Now, open the terminal emulator.
- Type the following command and press enter:
- Then type another command below and hit enter to apply:
setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb
- Done. You’ve Enabled Or Disabled Diag Mode on Qualcomm device.
C. ADB Command Method (Recommended)
- Root access is required.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone from Developer Options.
- Next, connect your device to the computer.
- Open Minimal ADB and Fastboot command prompt on your PC.
- Type the following commands and hit enter one by one to apply:
adb devices adb shell su setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb
- That’s it.
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully enabled or disabled the Diag Mode on your Jio phones. For any queries, let us know in the comments below.