In this guide, we have explained How to Enable VoLTE and VoWiFi on Pixel 8 and 8 Pro. In the ever-evolving landscape of mobile communication, advancements in technology continue to reshape our digital interactions. Two significant innovations in recent years have transformed the way we make calls over mobile networks: Voice over LTE (VoLTE) and Voice over Wi-Fi (VoWiFi). However, many Pixel 8 and 8 Pro users have reported that they are unable to enable VoLTE and VoWiFi services on their phones.
Voice over LTE (VoLTE) and Voice over Wi-Fi (VoWiFi) technologies utilize high-speed internet connections to enhance voice call quality, enable faster call setup times, and provide a seamless calling experience. For users of Google’s Pixel 8 and 8 Pro smartphones, harnessing the power of VoLTE and VoWiFi opens the door to a more reliable and efficient communication experience. Many Pixel 8 and 8 Pro users have reported that they are unable to enable VoLTE and VoWiFi services on their phones. This is quite an issue, as for a seamless calling experience, these services are most needed.
How to Enable VoLTE and VoWiFi on Pixel 8 and 8 Pro
VoLTE basically uses an LTE data connection to receive and make calls. This ultimately results in improved call quality and much clearer audio with no disruption. However, VoWiFi uses the Wi-Fi network to make calls; this function is useful when a person has low cellular signals on their mobile device.
If you also wish to enable these features on your Pixel 8 or 8 Pro, do not worry; Enabling Volte and Vowifi on your Pixel 8 and 8 Pro is quite easy with minimal steps.
Please make sure to take a complete backup of your Google Pixel 8 or Pixel 8 Pro and save it to your PC or cloud storage. Don’t know what to back up or how to back up your Android phone? Read our detailed guide on how to take a full backup of any Android device.
Step 1: Prerequisites & Downloads
Please make sure to download the required files from the below links. It is important that you charge your Pixel smartphone for at least 1-2 hours before proceeding with the below steps.
Step 2: Install SDK Platform Tools
Platform tools are necessary to perform the adb operations on the devices, like running adb shell commands. To download platform tools, you can either download it from the downloads section above or follow the below steps for latest version.
- On your PC, search for platform tools. Click on the first link and select the OS for which you have to download (if you are on Windows, select platform tools for Windows and the same for others).
- Click on the download (It will go with SDK platform tools for Windows).
- Now accept the terms and conditions and start downloading the platform tools.
- After the download is complete, extract the zip file and copy the folder to your Windows installation disc (mainly the C drive).
Step 3: Enable Developer Options On Pixel 8
Make sure the developer option is enabled on the Pixel 8 or 8 Pro to access advanced settings. Here is how you can do it.
- Head to Settings. Go to About Phone, tap on Build Number, and wait until it says, “You are now a developer”.
- Now go back to settings and scroll down to find developer options.
- Under Developer Options, make sure to enable USB debugging.
Step 4: Enable VoLTE and VoWiFi on the Pixel 8 and 8 Pro
Now that you have almost all the prerequisites fulfilled, it is time to enable volte and Voifi on your Pixel 8 and 8 Pro.
This article is only for educational use, GetDroidTips will not be responsible if you damage your device by following the steps below. Please take a complete backup of your phone to avoid any unforeseen situations.
- Connect your Pixel phone with a USB cable to the PC. (Make sure USB debugging is enabled.)
- Now launch the command prompt in the Platform Tools folder (Inside C Drive) itself and enter the below command:
adb shell sh /sdcard/Android/data/moe.shizuku.privileged.api/start.sh
- After successful execution, the Shizuku application will start running on your device. Now download and install the PixelIMS application on your Pixel device from the download section above.
- After installation is complete, launch the PixelIMS application and provide all the permissions required.
- Finally, turn on the toggle that says Enable VoLTE and VoWiFi, and you are good to go.
- Now restart your Pixel 8 or 8 Pro for better optimization.
- You can also verify the VoLTE and VoWiFi status just by launching the Pixel IMS app. If under IMS Status it shows registered, then VoLTE and VoWiFi are fully enabled.
This brings us to the end of this guide for How to Enable VoLTE and VoWiFi on Pixel 8 and 8 Pro. VoLTE (voice over LTE) and VoWiFi (voice over Wi-Fi) are some advanced technologies aiming to improve call and connection quality on mobile devices. I am sure the above step-by-step methods will help you to enable these features on your Pixel 8 smartphones. If not, then we request you to visit your nearest Pixel support center and get this feature enabled on your device.