In this comprehensive tutorial, we will show you the steps to enable VoLTE and VoWiFi on Xiaomi 11i and 11i HyperCharge devices. Xiaomi 11i and 11i HyperCharge (codenamed pissarro) was launched in India where both devices come with a 6.67-inch full-HD+ display and it is powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 920 5G SoC. Both the devices sport a triple rear camera setup that houses a 108 MP primary sensor, along with an 8 MP ultra-wide shooter and a 2 MP macro shooter.
In recent years, more users are getting inclined towards voice-over LTE or WiFi. The reason for the same is the plethora of benefits associated with it. For example, you could directly place a call via WiFi (WIFi Calling) even if there is no carrier network signal.
Likewise, you wouldn’t even have to carry out any additional recharges just for the sake of talk time. However, while most devices come with this technology, not everyone keeps it enabled by default. Unfortunately, the latest Xiaomi flagships also fall in this domain. But fret not. Using a simple workaround you could easily enable VoLTE and VoWiFi on Xiaomi 11i and 11i HyperCharge devices. And this guide shall make you aware of just that. Follow along for the instructions.
How to Enable VoLTE and VoWiFi on Xiaomi 11i and 11i HyperCharge
- To activate the VoLTE and VoWiFi on Xiaomi 11i and 11i HyperCharge, you need a global version and install the MIUI.eu.
- Make sure to flash the Magisk on your device.
- Once that is done, go to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable and proceed with the below steps to enable VoLTE and VoWiFi on Xiaomi 11i and 11i HyperCharge.
- Then download and install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC.
- Head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Now type in the following command in the CMD window and hit Enter:
adb shell su setprop sys.usb.config diag,serial_cdev,rmnet,adb
- Once it is done, your phone should be recognized by PDC (if not install Qualcomm driver and check Device Manager)
- Start PDC (from QPST tool) on PC
- Now deactivate the first profiles (sub0 & sub1) that are active ( mine was ROW_Comercial )
- Now select the carrier sub0 & sub1 then click activate
- Remove ROW_Comercial ( you need to remove it because after restarting the phone, the software will re-select it )
- Now you need to restart your phone
- Enjoy your voWIFI
Please note that this will enable only the option in settings in case it is hidden. It will not make VoLTE/VoWiFi work if the phone does not support it.
Xiaomi can´t enable the option if the carrier doesn´t verify/grant Xiaomi permission to do so. Testing this is a very tedious process.
If VoLTE/VoWiFi is not working for you after toggling it on in settings, this means there´s no config file for your carrier yet.
In my case, VoLTE was already supported by default. I could enable VoWiFi with the third prop because Xiaomi already has the correct config in the modem. Lucky for me it works and it was only a matter of making the option visible.
It might be enabled by default in the future if the carrier agrees.
That’s it. These were the steps to enable VoLTE and VoWiFi on Xiaomi 11i and 11i HyperCharge devices. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, let us know in the comments section. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks that deserve your attention as well.
Are you sure those instructions that include Qualcomm software work with Mediatek based devices like Xiaomi 11i and 11i HyperCharge?