VoWiFi is a Wi-Fi-based VoIP service. Where VoIP consists of the hardware and software that enables people to use the Internet as the transmission medium for telephone calls, VoWiFi is the wireless version of this technology which is designed to work on wireless devices such as Smartphones. Follow this guide to Enable Wi-Fi Calling on OnePlus 8 Pro.
The VoWiFi technology allows users to connect to a public WiFi hotspot or any standard private home Wi-Fi network and make outgoing calls to any mobile phone number and landline, across operators, using handsets that support the technology.
What is Vo-WiFi or Wi-Fi Calling?
The VoWiFi technology allows users to connect to a public WiFi hotspot or any standard private home WiFi network and make outgoing calls to any mobile phone number and landline, across operators, using handsets that support the technology.
- Make and receive calls with Wi-Fi using the existing phone number.
- Better voice quality on calls.
- Helps connect in case of signal issues in remote areas or cellular-dark zones of a building.
- It’s included at no additional charge. All you need is an existing voice plan and an HD voice compatible device.
- No drop calls issue.
Enable Wi-Fi Calling on OnePlus 8 Pro
- Open Settings from the app drawer.
- Tap on WiFi & Internet option.
- Select Sim & Network option.
If you don’t see the options, then you need to manually enable it from the OnePlus LogKit app.
- Download and install the OnePlus LogKit app’s APK from the link here.
- Now, open the dialer app and dial *#800# to access the menu.
- A new Warning Window will appear, tap on the Enter.
- Tap on the OnePlus Log Kit option on the top.
- Scroll down and tap the Function switch option.
- Tap on the VoWiFi switch option and then tap on the reboot button.
Now, you will see that the VoWiFi feature is enabled on your OnePlus 8 Pro.
This was the method to Enable Wi-Fi Calling on OnePlus 8 Pro. Follow them carefully to enable the feature in your device.
If you are facing any type of issue with your OnePlus 8 Pro then check our OnePlus 8 Pro Troubleshooting Guide to fix them. We have listed a lot of issues and their solutions in the guide.
Do you own an OnePlus Device, or any Android device and need these types of simple tutorials? Then stay tunned to GetDroidTips’ Android Tips & Tricks column because many simple tutorials for OnePlus are coming soon.
If you have any queries regarding this, the comment section always available for you.
- Why Internet Won’t Connect on OnePlus 8 Pro? How to Fix?
- How to Fix Slow Response on OnePlus 8 Pro [Troubleshoot lag or slow performance]
- How to Fix if IMS Service Has Stopped on OnePlus 8 Pro
- How to Fix Unresponsive Touchscreen or Not Working issue on OnePlus 8 Pro
- How to Fix Settings Keep Crashing Problem on OnePlus 8 Pro
- How to Fix OnePlus 8 Pro with Warning Camera Failed Error?
- Why my OnePlus 8 Pro Keeps Losing Signal [Showing Weak Network]
- How to Fix if Google App on My OnePlus 8 Pro Drains Battery Quickly