OnePlus finally started pushing their new major OS update; OxygenOS 12 for the OnePlus 8, 8 Pro, or 8T based on Android 12. The update is now started rolling around the globe.
As per some reports, it is said to be rolling as a stable build with OxygenOS 12 C.11 for users around the globe. With this, OnePlus has included the latest March 2022 Security patch which fixes many security bugs and vulnerabilities.
Being the 12th installment of the Android series, Android 12 creates a lot of hype with its new features, design, UI improvements, and many more. According to the official, they are planning to release the stable version of their latest OS update anywhere soon in the month of August or October month. Meanwhile, every big smartphone venture already started rolling out their OS skin based on Android 12 for their flagship segments. Previously, Google stated that this update is going to be one of the most prominent changes ever made by Google in their OS. This is the main reason behind the hype created for the upcoming updates.
OnePlus 8, 8 Pro, or 8T Device Overview:
If we see the OnPlus 8, it comes with a Fluid AMOLED, 90Hz, HDR10+ display, and the Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 5G (7 nm+) processor. Also, it has two variants, i.e., 128GB/8GB RAM, 256GB/12GB RAM. So, this means you never have to run out of storage.
At the same time, the OnePlus 8 Pro has the same display with a bit of tweak, i.e., Fluid AMOLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, HDR10+ along with the Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 5G (7 nm+) processor. It also comes in three variants, i.e., 128GB/8GB RAM, 256GB/12GB RAM.
In contrast, the OnePlus 8T is also just the same as the above two phones, as it isn’t wrong if we say these devices launched by OnePlus are quite identical. Yes, the OnePlus 8T also has the same Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 5G (7 nm+) processor with UFS 3.1.
Android 12 OxygenOS 12 Update Tracker:
Updated on May 11, 2022: OnePlus started rolling a new update for the device globally based on Android 12. Here is the changelog:
- [Optimized] the power consumption in some scenarios, improved battery life performance
Updated on March 24, 2022: OnePlus started rolling the stable OxygenOS 12 build for the device globally based on Android 12. Here is the changelog:
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Fixed the issue that background applications are abnormally closed in specific scenarios
- Fixed the issue with lens permissions when using third party camera applications
- Fixed the issue of screen cannot respond when receiving notifications
- Dark mode
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added Earphone Control Card with Bluetooth earphone one-click adjustment
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health stats
- Work Life Balance
- Work Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- Fixed the issue that unable to automatically connect to Wi-Fi
- Fixed the issue that wireless earphones cannot play sound when connecting Bluetooth in specific scenarios
Download Android 12 | OxygenOS 12 Update:
|Build Number: OxygenOS 12 C.16
File Size: 4 GB
|Build Number: OxygenOS 12 C.11
File Size: 4 GB
|Build Number: OxygenOS Open Beta 1
File Size: 4 GB
OnePlus 8 Pro
Steps to Install Android 12 (OxygenOS 12) on OnePlus 8/8 Pro/8T
Before installing the Android 12 (OxygenOS 12) on your OnePlus 8/8 Pro/8T, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements at first and install the required drivers, firmware, and other tools on your PC as well.
- The firmware is only supported for the OnePlus 8/8 Pro/8T model. Don’t try it on other devices.
- You will require a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable as well.
- Make sure to download the latest OnePlus USB Drivers on your Windows and MAC computer and install it.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tool on your PC and install it.
- Keep your device battery charged at least up to 60% before installing the firmware.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data without Root.
First method via Local upgrade
- Download the firmware OTA zip file from above and move it to the internal storage on your OnePlus 8/8 Pro/8T device.
- Now, head over to the Settings > System Updates > tap on gear icon > use the Local Upgrade.
- Select the firmware file which you’ve downloaded before.
- You will see a pop-up screen to upgrade your device, tap on Upgrade Now.
- Next, the device will reboot and flash the OTA file via Stock Recovery.
- The device will boot into a new system.
- Then turn off the phone > press and hold the Volume Down + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into recovery mode.
- Go to Wipe data and cache & select Erase everything.
- Once done. Reboot your device.
- You’re done. Enjoy!
Via Fastboot Method
Fastboot Method commands
fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img fastboot flash modem modem.img fastboot flash recovery recovery.img fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta vbmeta.img fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img fastboot reboot fastboot fastboot flash abl abl.img fastboot flash aop aop.img fastboot flash bluetooth bluetooth.img fastboot flash devcfg devcfg.img fastboot flash dsp dsp.img fastboot flash featenabler featenabler.img fastboot flash hyp hyp.img fastboot flash imagefv imagefv.img fastboot flash keymaster keymaster.img fastboot flash logo logo.img fastboot flash oem_stanvbk oem_stanvbk.img fastboot flash odm odm.img fastboot flash qupfw qupfw.img fastboot flash storsec storsec.img fastboot flash tz tz.img fastboot flash uefisecapp uefisecapp.img fastboot flash xbl xbl.img fastboot flash xbl_config xbl_config.img fastboot flash system system.img fastboot flash vendor vendor.img fastboot flash product product.img fastboot reboot
If you want to install the Android 12 (OxygenOS 12) on your OnePlus 8/8 Pro/8T handset manually, then follow the below-mentioned guide properly. Here we have shared the ADB Sideloading method in order to flash the Stock ROM on your OnePlus device.
We assume that this article is useful to you and you’ve successfully updated or installed the Android 12 (OxygenOS 12) flash file on your OnePlus 8/8 Pro/8T device. If you have any queries, let us know in the comments below.