In the last few days, Enshrouded has been updated with Patch 0.7.0.1, but despite its aim of improving stability and performance, the error “Not Enough System Memory Available” has spiked. In most cases, this error appears if your computer does not have enough RAM to meet the game’s requirements, specifically if it doesn’t have 16GB of RAM. There are steps you can take to fix the error; however, if you do not have access to the game.
- What is Enshrouded Not Enough System Memory Available
- How to Fix Enshrouded Not Enough System Memory?
- Fix 1: Disabling RAM Check
- Fix 2: Consider System Upgrades
- Fix 3: Increase Virtual Memory
- Fix 4: Update Graphics Drivers
- Fix 5: Adjust In-Game Settings
- Fix 6: Performing a Clean Boot
- Fix 7: Check for Game Updates
- Fix 8: Run Enshourded in compatibility mode as admin
- Fix 9: Monitor System Resources
- Fix 10: Remove the DirectX Shader cache
- Fix 11: Verify game files
What is Enshrouded Not Enough System Memory Available
If your computer has less than 16GB of RAM, you will receive the “Not enough system memory available” message in Enshrouded. Basically, this error indicates that your gaming experience might be negatively affected by insufficient system memory. It serves as a warning, indicating that poor performance may occur if there is insufficient RAM.
By adding “–disable-ram-check” to the Steam launch options, you can bypass this error message. This will enable you to proceed without encountering the system memory error since it will ignore the memory check.
However, this is a temporary fix that does not solve the underlying problem of low system memory. It may still cause performance issues during gameplay if your computer fails to meet the minimum specifications for Enshrouded.
While this workaround allows you to play Enshrouded without being hindered by the system memory error, if your computer lacks sufficient RAM, it may not provide a smooth gaming experience.
How to Fix Enshrouded Not Enough System Memory?
So, here are some fixes that will help you Enshrouded not enough system memory errors:
Fix 1: Disabling RAM Check
On Reddit, some players suggest removing RAM checks temporarily until the developers resolve the issue. In most cases, this error happens when the system is unable to allocate sufficient memory to run applications due to a variety of factors, including hardware limitations or software conflicts. It is possible for the system to allocate more memory to applications by disabling the RAM check during boot-up. To do so, follow these steps:
- Firstly, right-click on the game in your Steam library > Properties.
- Click on Launch Options.
- Copy and paste “–disable-ram-check” into the Launch Options input field without quotation marks.
- Afterward, close the windows and launch the game again.
Fix 2: Consider System Upgrades
In the future, Enshrouded’s future updates and features may increase the game’s system requirements, so players with less than 16GB of RAM should consider using –disable-ram-check. By upgrading your system, particularly RAM, you’ll be able to enjoy the game more smoothly as it evolves.
Fix 3: Increase Virtual Memory
You can increase the virtual memory (paging file) settings on your computer so Enshrouded will have more memory. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to System in the Control Panel.
- On the left sidebar, click “Advanced system settings.”
- Afterward, in the Performance section of the Advanced tab, click Settings.
- Thereafter, click on the Advanced tab in Performance Options.
- On the Virtual Memory page, click “Change.”
- Afterward, ensure that the “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives” is unchecked.
- Click “Custom size” on your system drive.
- You should set the initial size as well as the maximum size to higher values.
- To apply the changes, click OK and restart your computer.
Fix 4: Update Graphics Drivers
Your graphics card’s drivers should be updated. If you need to download and install the latest GPU drivers, head over to the sites of your GPU manufacturers (NVIDIA, AMD, Intel).
Fix 5: Adjust In-Game Settings
In Enshrouded, you can decrease the graphics settings and decrease the resolution to decrease the amount of system memory you need.
Fix 6: Performing a Clean Boot
You should turn off any startup programs and services you are not using. If you want a smoother gaming experience, you can streamline your system using the System Configuration utility in Windows.
- Close other programs: Close any other programs running in the background before you launch Enshrouded. In this way, the game is able to use more RAM.
- Reduce in-game settings: You can reduce memory usage by lowering resolution, texture quality, and anti-aliasing settings.
- Use a RAM cleaner (with caution): There are a number of programs that claim to optimize RAM usage. It is important to use these carefully since they can sometimes adversely affect system performance even though they might temporarily relieve symptoms.
Fix 7: Check for Game Updates
You should make sure Enshrouded has the latest updates and patches installed. In most cases, developers release updates to fix memory-related issues and optimize performance.
Fix 8: Run Enshourded in compatibility mode as admin
In addition to running Enshrouded in compatibility mode (some mentioned Windows 7) to prevent crashes, some Reddit gamers reported that Enshrouded crashes when run as administrator. Here’s what you can try to see if it helps:
- First, right-click on your Steam icon and select Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab. Check the box next to Run this program as an administrator. To save the changes, click Apply > OK.
- Select Windows 7 from the dropdown list if you want to run this program in compatibility mode.
- After finding Enshrouded.exe in C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common, repeat the above steps to run it as an administrator in Windows 7 compatibility mode.
Fix 9: Monitor System Resources
You can monitor the system resource usage in Enshrouded by using Task Manager or another similar tool. If you notice any unusual spikes in memory usage, that could indicate an issue.
Fix 10: Remove the DirectX Shader cache
In addition to improving game performance, the DirectX shader cache can also improve the responsiveness of apps and other programs. In this case, the graphics system can shorten the rendering time of images or videos by storing files here. Check to see if DirectX shader cache cleaning can resolve the Enshrouded not enough system memory error:
- The first step is to open Settings and press the Windows key and the I key together. Go to System, then Storage.
- Choose Temporary files.
- Check the DirectX Shader Cache box, then click Remove files.
Fix 11: Verify game files
If you encounter an error due to a lack of system memory, it might also be a good idea to verify the game files. It not only fixes any corrupt or damaged game files, but it also ensures the latest version of the game is installed. In order to verify the Enshrouded game files, follow these steps:
- Start Steam.
- Right-click on Enshrouded and choose Properties from the dropdown menu.
- In the Installed Files tab, you can verify the integrity of game files by clicking the Verify integrity of game files link.
- After Steam has verified the game’s files, it will take a while to complete the process.
So, that’s all we have for you on how to fix the Enshrouded, not enough system memory error. Thank you for taking the time to read this guide. We hope you found it helpful. If you have any questions, please comment below.