While using an application on phone, tablet, PC or laptop, syncing and updating become a major part of the deal. When it comes to Garmin users, a lot of people encounter an error in syncing with Garmin Connect. The error usually appears when they run the updating process or try to sync via Garmin Express. Among both the scenarios, most of the cases point towards the syncing issue that welcomes the error.
There might be a plethora of reasons behind the syncing error from which the presence of corruption in the Sync folder of Garmin Express is the main cause. In such a case, you only need to clear the contents of the Sync folder for manual fixing of the issue. The error can also occur due to the absence of a program file. This issue generally appears after an AV Scan that stops or hides some items from Garmin Express. In any way, you can go through the following guide to get the best possible solutions to rectify the error.
Clear the Sync Folder
One of the most common causes behind Garmin Express syncing error is corrupted data or incomplete data that stores in the Sync Folder and display the error code “There was an error syncing with Garmin Connect”. A lot of users solved the same issue by manually deleting the content of Sync Folder before the syncing process. Here are the steps to the same as mentioned below.
- Go to the File Explorer and go to the C drive where you will find the Program Data Folder.
- Here you need to open Garmin then Core Service. After this, you can navigate the Unit ID (the placeholder, it can vary from user to user) option to reach the Sync folder.
- Now, you need to press Ctrl + A keys to choose all the files of the folder.
- Then, press the right-click button and choose the Delete option from the available interface.
- After deleting all the content present in the Sync folder, you can restart your computer.
- Attempt the syncing process again after completion of the next start-up.
By any chance, if you are still facing the same issue then you need to follow the next methods as mentioned following.
Uninstall and install Garmin Express
In a lot of cases, there were corrupted files present in the Garmin Expression application file folder and that was showing the error “There was an error syncing with Garmin Connect“. If the same goes with you as well, then you must go through the reinstallation process of Garmin Express for which you need to go through the following step guide that can be highly beneficial for you.
- Shut off your Garmin Express and make sure there is no associated process running in the background.
- Break connection of the Garmin device from your PC.
- Tap on Windows Key + R and then a Run dialog box will open.
- Now, type ”appwiz.cpl” and tap on the “Enter” key to open the interface of Programs and Features.
- After opening the Programs and Features menu, you need to navigate through the whole list to find Garmin Express.
- Right-Click on Garmin Express and tap on the Uninstall button.
- After completing the procedure of uninstallation, you need to reboot your computer.
- When your computer starts up, you can open the browser to visit the official website of Garmin Express.
- On the website, you will get an option to Download for Windows. Click on the option to download the latest version of Garmin Express.
- After completing the download process, you can double-click on exe and go by the on-screen prompts.
- Now, when the installation is over, you can try the syncing process again.
With this, you will certainly be able to fix “There was an error syncing with Garmin Connect‘’ error.
After going through the above methods, there are most of the chances that you will be able to sync with Garmin Connect. In case you do not find the solution. you need to check if the Garmin device is in the Bluetooth range of your phone or not. Sometimes, users forget to turn the Bluetooth on and then keep trying unlimited times.
Also, you can try closing your Garmin Connect app for once and then reopen the same. It can also help you in rectifying the sync error. You can also try shutting down Garmin device and rebooting it. With these few hacks, you can surely get rid of the error saying,” There was an error syncing with Garmin Connect“. After reading this article, if you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.