Google Maps is essentially the best digital map you’ll find out there. With their stable service and exceptional standards, it is one that many of us use very often. However, there are still alternatives to Google Maps, which, for some people, performs better than Google Maps. People love these alternatives for different reasons but it is a fact that there exist plenty of other Maps out there that’s in great demand.
If you are in a situation where you want to export Google Maps route data, then our below guide will help you. First, we’ll start by adding an actual route data in Google Maps and then export it using a third-party service, which is the only possible way by far. So without bragging much, we’ll get right into how to export Google Maps Route Data.
How to Export Google Maps Route Data
- To start with, you’ll need to go the Google Maps website from your computer and create the route data you want to export
- Once you’re on the website, choose your destination and starting point
- choose any mode of transport if you want to
- by clicking on the Options button, and any additional filters if you want any
- Once you’re done creating the route data, click on the menu icon at the top left corner of the website
- Then, click on the Share or embed map option
- By doing this, you’ll create a URL to this route data. Click on the Copy Link button to copy the generated URL of the route map
- Next, go to the Maps to GPX website, paste the URL into the blank text field, and click the Let’s Go button
- The website will now convert the URL into a GPX file. Simply save the GPS file anywhere and that will successfully export the Google Map route data that we created in the beginning. Now, you can import this file into any other app or service you wish to use.
As far as we know, we have to rely on some third-party service in order to export Google Maps route data. Since almost every alternative of Google Maps support GPX file, the above guide should help you just fine. That said, we hope reading the article above has equipped you with some bit of information. Please let us know by commenting down below if you have any further queries regarding the same.