FIFA 22 is a popular and latest football simulation multiplayer video game for the FIFA franchise that has been developed and published by Electronic Arts in 2021. It delivers stunning features with a new HyperMotion gaming technology on all major gaming platforms. Even though it has received plenty of positive reviews, the chances are high that some FIFA 22 players are facing the sound not working issue on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, & Xbox Series X/S consoles.
So, if you’re one of the victims to experience such an issue, you’re not alone here. Luckily, there are a couple of possible workarounds mentioned below that should come in handy for you. As per multiple reports online, plenty of FIFA 22 console players are having the sound-related issue while launching the game all of a sudden. It includes sound not coming out issues, audio cutting out or crackling, microphone not working issues, etc. It becomes frustrating for sure.
- Fix: FIFA 22 Sound Not Working on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S
Fix: FIFA 22 Sound Not Working on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S
It seems that several unfortunate players are also encountering sound-related issues during the intro scenes or cutscenes and the background music or sound effects stopped working unexpectedly. So, players are stuck in a split moment wondering why this is happening. But there is nothing to worry about it because we’ve shared some troubleshooting methods for you to follow. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Check For Games Updates
You can try checking the affected game whether it’s updated to the latest version or not. An outdated game version can eventually trigger multiple issues with the performance. To do so:
For PlayStation Series:
- From the home menu, open the game Library > Choose the FIFA 22 game.
- Press the Options button > Select Check for Update.
- If there is an update available, make sure to install the update.
For Xbox Series:
- Head over to the My Games and Apps section > Go to Manage.
- Select Updates and install the latest version of the FIFA 22 game.
2. Check For System Updates
Ensure your system software on the console is running the latest version. If it’s not then try following the steps below.
For PlayStation OTA:
- Go to the Settings menu on the PlayStation console.
- Select System > System Software > System Software Update and Settings.
- Make sure to check for available updates and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update process.
- Once done, reboot the system to apply changes.
PlayStation Manual Update:
- Using a PC or Mac, create a folder named PS4 or PS5 on a USB drive formatted as FAT32. Inside that folder, create another folder named UPDATE.
- Download the update file from the official PlayStation website and save it in the UPDATE folder.
- Save the file as PS4 UPDATE.PUP or PS5UPDATE.PUP.
- Plug the USB drive containing the file into your PS4/PS5 console.
- Start the PS4/PS5 console in Safe Mode: press and hold the power button, releasing after the second beep.
- Select Safe Mode option > Update System Software.
- Select Update from USB Storage Device > Select OK.
For Xbox Series:
- Press the Home button on the Xbox console to open the Dashboard menu.
- Now, select Settings from the bottom of the menu > Select All Settings.
- Choose to System > Select Updates.
- Select Update Console (if available) > Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update process.
- Once done, make sure to restart the console to apply changes.
3. Try Playing the Game Again
Play the game from the beginning, without an existing game save, to check if the game saves is corrupted. Sometimes rebooting the game might gonna resolve game crashing or launching issues completely. So, just power off the console > Unplug the power adapter from the console and power source > Wait for at least a couple of minutes then you can reconnect the power adapter again > Turn on the console and try playing the game again.
4. Reconnect HDMI Cable
You may have sound issues on FIFA 22 because your HDMI cable connection isn’t working properly with the TV. Make sure to reconnect your HDMI cable and see if the problem has been fixed or not. To do so:
- Simply disconnect your HDMI cable from your TV.
- Make sure to connect your HDMI cable back to your TV.
You should also check out whether there is no physical damage that happened to the HDMI cable. If so, you can check for another cable.
5. Re-Login Your Account
According to some reports, signing out and signing into the PlayStation profile account might gonna fix the issue completely.
- On your PlayStation 4 go to the Settings and access the Account Management tab.
- Next, highlight the Sign Out option using your controller.
- Finally, press the O or X button on your controller to confirm your action.
- First, go to the Settings of your PS5.
- After that, click on User Accounts and select the Other option.
- Lastly, click the Sign Out button.
- Once done, wait for at least 2 minutes before signing back into your Playstation Network account. Join another voice chat afterward to check if the problem is solved.
For Xbox Series:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide menu > Select Profile & system.
- Now, select Sign out > Your profile has been saved and will be accessible the next time you sign in to this console.
- So, press the Xbox button to open the guide menu again > Go to Profile & system.
- Select Add or switch > Choose to Add new > Follow the on-screen instructions to enter the sign-in info for your account.
6. Check If the Microphone is Off
The chances are also high that somehow the microphone on the console is turned off and you’re not getting the audio. Make sure to turn on the microphone manually and then check for the issue again. If it’s already turned on, then try turning it off and on again.
7. Check the Microphone Volume
It’s also recommended to check the microphone volume level on the console if it’s muted or set to low. If the volume is muted, you won’t get any audio and if the volume is set to low, you won’t get the proper sound too. Make sure to check the volume level and adjust it accordingly.
8. Use Another Microphone/Audio Device
Try using a different microphone on your console to cross-check the issue if it’s still bothering you or not. If in case, another microphone or audio device is working fine that means the previous one has some issue. You can also try checking the audio port properly because it may get damaged or has some dirt/dust. Some affected players did find this trick useful to fix FIFA 22 Sound Not Working on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.
9. Check for Physical Damage
Last but not the least, the chances are quite possible that there is physical damage occurred in the console’s audio port or that the audio device itself has some issues. If you’re using a wired audio device or microphone then make sure to check whether the wire is torn or not.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.