Fitbit is a Google product, used as a fitness tracking device. The Fitbit Charge 5 was launched by the company on August 25, 2021. Even, though Google tried so hard to make it a perfect product, but users do face issues from time to time. One particular feature of Fitbit Charge 5 is sleep tracking & heart rate tracking, where users are facing several issues. In this article, we will try to resolve the problem of Fitbit Charge 5 not tracking sleep and heart rate issue.
Fix: Fitbit Charge 5 Not Tracking Sleep and Heart Rate
Before sleeping makes sure that you’re wearing your Fitbit perfectly and it is not loose so that it can track your sleep. If the Fitbit is not tracking your sleep, try to turn it off and then again turn it on, or if it is not automatically tracking your sleep simply increase or decrease sensitivity or start or stop the tracker manually using their app.
The problem with heart rate can be hardware level. You should clean the heart rate sensor on your Fitbit Charge 5. If it still doesn’t work, then make sure to book an appointment with Fitbit customer service.
Method 1: Restart your Fitbit Charge 5
Almost half of the problems in any electron can be solved just by restarting the device. So, similarly just restart your device. Follow the steps to restart your Fitbit Charge 5:
- Connect the charging cord to your computer or a device that is plugged into a wall outlet.
- Directly insert the cable’s opposite end into the Fitbit. Make sure it is charging to confirm that it is safely attached.
- For 10 to 12 seconds, keep pressing the Fitbit’s side button.
- Your Fitbit may display a start-up screen, a smiley face icon, or a battery icon depending on the model. You can let go of the button and unplug your Fitbit once you notice this.
Method 2: Configure Fitbit’s Sleep Sensitivity Mode
Fitbit comes with 2 modes that are ‘Normal’ and ‘Sensitive’. If you’re a person who goes to sleep and doesn’t move a lot then you can go with sensitive mode. But if you’re a person who moves a lot while sleeping then your tracker might think you’re still awake as you’re moving. So, you should use the normal mode.
Below are the steps to change your tracker’s sensitivity in-app.
- In the Fitbit app, click on your profile icon.
- Select “Advanced Settings.”
- Select “Sleep Sensitivity.”
- Choose Normal or Sensitive mode.
Note: At the moment, Android devices cannot change this setting.
Use these steps to modify your Fitbit’s sleep sensitivity mode on a computer:
- Log into your account at fitbit.com.
- Click in the top-right area of the dashboard on the gear symbol.
- From the drop-down menu, choose “Settings.”
- Select Normal or Sensitive under “Sleep Sensitivity” by scrolling down.
- Then click “Submit” to preserve your selection.
Method 3: Manually Adjusting Fitbit’s Sleep Log
If you want to edit the previously saved incorrect data, you can edit the logs as well. This will make sure that you can track yoru sleep cycle easily. Simply edit the following when you wake up in the morning:
- In the Fitbit app, select the Sleep tile.
- Choose the night you want to edit.
- Tap on the three dots.
- Select the option to edit.
- Adjust the times you went to sleep and/or woke up.
- Press “Save.”
Method 4: Set Sleep Goal
You can set a goal for how many hours you want to sleep. For an average adult person, approximately 6 to 8 hours is recommended.
- In the Fitbit app, select the Sleep tile.
- Tap the gear icon in the top-right corner.
- Set or change your sleep goal.
- Tap “Done.”
Method 5: Set Sleep Schedule On Fitbit Charge 5
To assist you in achieving your sleep objective, you can create a sleep schedule. To create your sleep routine, choose the desired bedtime, wake-up time, or both in the Fitbit app.
Once you’ve established your optimal time to go to bed, you may additionally program a bedtime reminder for particular days and hours. You’ll see a star next to the nights in your sleep log if you successfully stick to your sleep routine.
This brings us to the end of his guide for fixing Fitbit Charge 5 not tracking sleep and heart rate issue. Please note that you can easily configure the sleep tracking issue via the above methods. However, for heart rate, you should clean the sensor and then try turning the feature on. If it doesn’t help, then there might be a hardware fault, and you need to contact customer service and ask for a replacement.
Completely disagree d all of these actions and still my new Charge 5 is not tracking sleep.
Do you think a hammer will help?! 🤨🤨