Many users love to play videos on the Movies & TV application of Windows 10. Yet, some users are complaining about an error that is causing the Movies & TV application to crash. The error has been happening with all kinds of video files, along with the 360 videos.
The issue appears with an error code 0xC00DB3B2 and a message that says, “Please try again. If the problem continues, visit https://support.microsoft.com to check for guidance.” If you are tired of getting this error message on your screen and looking for ways to fix the error 0xC00DB3B2, continue reading to find more about it.
What is Error 0xC00DB3B2?
Error 0xC00DB3B2 typically comes up when you are using the Movies & TV application on your Windows 10 computer. This error seems to be exclusive to Windows 10 Operating System. The main reason for this error 0xC00DB3B2 is a problematic Windows update. Another potential cause is the presence of corrupted HEVC Video Extension. If there are any corrupted files present with the Movies & TV application that can also give rise to the error 0xC00DB3B2.
If you want to solve the error 0xC00DB3B2, follow these simple methods given below.
Methods to Fix the Error 0xC00DB3B2:
Method 1: Install the HEVC Video Extension
To play specific video formats, you are going to need the HEVC Video Extension. The HEVC Video Extension helps you to play the videos on the high-end configuration. You can download the HEVC Video Extension from the Microsoft Store. Select the “Get to install the application” option and wait until the installation process is complete. Then, restart your computer and check for the error.
Method 2: Uninstall the HEVC Video Extension
Suppose you already have the HEVC Video Extension. Still, you are facing the error. Then, the error indicates something wrong with the current HEVC Video Extension that you have on your computer. You can always opt for uninstalling the HEVC Video Extension. And install the HEVC Video Extension again from the Microsoft Store. Follow these steps to uninstall the HEVC Video Extension.
- Press Windows key +R.
- You have to type “ms-settings:appsfeatures” and press, OK.
- Click on the Apps & Features
- Find the HEVC Video Extension and click on it to choose the Uninstall
- After uninstalling the HEVC Video Extension, go to the Microsoft Store.
- Search for the HEVC Video Extension.
- Click on the “Get to install the application.”
- Install the HEVC Video Extension application on your Windows 10 computer, see if the error is resolved.
Method 3: Reset the HEVC Video Extension using the Advanced Options
If you don’t want to uninstall and reinstall the HEVC Video Extension, you can choose to reset the HEVC Video Extension. Follow these steps given below to know how you can reset the HEVC Video Extension.
- Press Windows key + R.
- Type “ms-settings:appsfeatures” and hit Enter.
- After opening the Apps & Features tab, go through the list of all the installed applications on your computer.
- Find the HEVC Video Extension and click on it to open the Advanced Options.
- Scroll down to find the Reset
- When a notification prompts you, click on the Reset option again and begin the resetting process.
- After the process is complete, restart your computer.
If the error continues, go to the next solution.
Method 4: Fix the Movies & TV application
The error 0xC00DB3B2 can also be a result of corrupted data present on the Movies & TV application of your computer. To fix those corrupted data files, you have to reset the Movies & TV application. Resetting any application is a simple process; you only have to follow these steps given below.
- Press the Windows key +R.
- Type “ms-settings:appsfeatures” and press Enter to open the Apps & Features
- Under the Apps & Features tab, find the Movies & TV application.
- Click on it to choose the Advanced Options.
- Here, you will find the Reset
- Click on the Reset button to confirm the resetting process.
- After the resetting of the Movies & TV application is complete, reboot your system.
We have tried our best and assembled possible solutions to solve the error 0xC00DB3B2. This error is annoying but easy to solve. Follow the methods given above and go through each method step by step.
Many people have faced this error in the past. So, don’t worry. We have provided you with all the information that you need to fix this error. We hope you become successful in getting rid of the error 0xC00DB3B2. If you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.