Assetto Corsa Competizione is one of the highly-rated sports car racing simulation video games developed by Kunos Simulazioni and published by 505 Games. It’s the official GT World Challenge video game which has the stunning quality of simulation along with the GT3 championship, where players can compete against others. Though it’s doing well, some players are reporting about the Assetto Corsa Competizione Screen Flickering or Tearing Issue.
There are some bugs and stability issues appearing in the game that needs to be fixed by the developers. Well, the 505 Games
team is aware of this issue, and they’re working on it. It seems that some players are encountering the shimmering or sparkling issue in the gameplay which is also considered a screen flickering issue in most scenarios. Now, if you’re also facing the same issue then you can follow this troubleshooting guide to resolve it.
Fix: Assetto Corsa Competizione Screen Flickering or Tearing Issue
Assetto Corsa Competizione sparkling effect seems to impact console players a lot during the gameplay when it comes to performance. Whereas not everyone likes their game to be so shimmery or shiny which might be occurring due to the improper display settings, motion blur effect, and more. We’ve already found some reports on Reddit about it. Well, some reports are suggesting that trying out another monitor or TV or even re-plugging HDMI can fix it out.
If we talk about the developer 505 Games, they’re trying to provide a fix soon. However, rebooting the game twice in a quick session can help you to fix the screen flickering issue easily. As per 505 Games, the first restart will fix the download issue and the second restart will activate the screen shimmering fix. So, you should try it out. Don’t worry. You’ll still be able to save the world in Assetto Corsa Competizione.
However, there are some possible workarounds mentioned below that should gonna help you out if the recommended solutions didn’t come in handy. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Try Using Another TV or Monitor
You should try using another TV or monitor whatever screen you’re using to check whether the screen flickering issue is still bothering you or not. Some affected Assetto Corsa Competizione players have tried this step and found it useful.
2. Try Changing HDMI Cable
You can also try changing the HDMI cable or simply unplugging the HDMI cable from the display device and plugging back into it. This should fix the temporary connectivity or screen glitches in some cases.
3. Change Video Output and Resolution
Make sure to change the video output and video resolution on the settings menu by following the steps below:
- Press and hold down the PlayStation console’s power button for around six seconds.
- Now, connect your PlayStation controller via USB-C cable to the console > Press the PS button on the controller.
- Make sure to press the joystick or D-pad down to the second option to highlight ‘Change Video Output’.
- Select the first option to ‘Change Resolution’.
- Then select ‘OK’ on the next screen to restart your PS4/PS5.
- Next, select the video resolution that typically suits your TV or ‘Automatic’ to let the PS5 determine this.
- If you opt to manually choose your resolution then the next screen may ask you to select your transfer rate from the ‘Automatic’, ‘-1’, or ‘-2’ options.
4. Check System Updates
It’s recommended to update the PS4/PS5 system software to avoid graphical glitches or lags. You can follow the steps below to install the update.
- Head over to Settings > Hit System.
- Select System Software > Hit System Software Update and Settings.
- Select Update System Software > Select Update Using Internet.
5. Update Assetto Corsa Competizione
If you haven’t updated the Assetto Corsa Competizione video game on your PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 console for a while then make sure to update it by following the steps below:
- Turn on your PS4/PS5 console > Go to the Home screen.
- Now, navigate to the main menu on top.
- Head over to the Games tab.
- Scroll down to Assetto Corsa Competizione and highlight it.
- Press the Options button on your controller.
- Finally, choose to Check for Update from the drop-down menu.
6. Re-Enable Motion Blur
No matter whether you’ve turned on or off the Motion Blur option in the game settings menu. Just make sure to re-enable the Motion Blur option again. If it’s already turned on then simply turn it off and on again. Some reports are also suggesting that this trick can fix the screen flickering or tearing issue.
As mentioned, a fix for the Assetto Corsa Competizione screen shimmering issue will be rolled out soon by the developers. Till then, we’ll have to wait for it.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.