WhatsApp Messenger is an online cross-platform instant messaging and VoIP service owned by Meta that offers a faster and quite reliable messaging platform to people with the use of the internet. Both chat messaging and calls are free & work flawlessly unless you have an internet issue or low-data mode is turned on. However recently some users are encountering the Blurry WhatsApp Video Call issue on their mobile devices that seem to appear quite often.
Now, if you’re also one of the victims to experience such an issue for a while then make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide completely to try fixing it. WhatsApp video calling blur screen usually occurs due to the poor internet connection on your handset. Whereas sometimes it may also happen due to the camera lens which can become dirty or smudges on the lens, etc. In some cases, device storage gets filled or poor lighting conditions can affect a lot.
How to Fix Blurry WhatsApp Video Call
Luckily, there are a couple of possible workarounds mentioned below that should come in handy. You can follow all methods until the problem gets fixed. Sometimes a basic workaround can also fix the issue for some people so don’t skip any method. Now, without further ado, let’s get into it.
1. Check for the Poor Internet Connection
A poor or unstable internet connection can simply cause camera blur issues during video calls on WhatsApp apart from the server connectivity issue after launching it. The blurred camera and the delayed video calling issue are quite common among WhatsApp users. If in case, the internet connection is slow or the data bandwidth is low then you can either reconnect the internet network or try using any other connection on your device.
Mostly the mobile data connection can cause such an issue on the handset which may trigger multiple conflicts with the video calling. So, you can try using the Wi-Fi network to cross-check the issue. But if the Wi-Fi network is somehow troubling you a lot then make sure to check the mobile data settings on the WhatsApp settings menu by following the steps below.
- Open the device Settings menu > Tap on Wireless & network.
- Select the Mobile Data option > Turn it on.
- Go to Wi-Fi and turn it on > Select the Wi-Fi network and enter the valid password.
- Once done, open WhatsApp, and do the video call to check the issue.
If normal mobile data and Wi-Fi don’t come in handy, you can also use Mobile Hotspot to check for the same.
2. Clean Camera Lens
Make sure to clean the camera lens of the device gently using a dry soft cloth so that there is no dirt or smudge present on the lens. It’s better to clean the front camera lens if you’re using the selfie camera for video calling.
3. Clear WhatsApp Cache
Sometimes issues with the corrupted WhatsApp cache on the Android device may trigger multiple conflicts with the WhatsApp video calling. To do that:
- Go to the device Settings menu > Head over to Apps & Notifications.
- Now, tap on See All Apps > Head over to WhatsApp under the App info section.
- Tap on WhatsApp to open the app info page > Tap on Storage & Cache.
- Next, tap on Clear Cache.
- Unlock the lock screen on your iPhone.
- Now, quickly press the Volume Up (+) key and release, then quickly press the Volume Down (-) key and release, then quickly press & hold the Power (side key) button for a few seconds until the Apple boot logo appears on the screen.
- Once the Apple logo appears, you can release the Power (side key) button and wait for the device to boot to the system.
It will help to refresh the device system from temporary glitches.
4. Update WhatsApp
If you’re still facing the blurry WhatsApp video calling issue then make sure to check for the WhatsApp update on the respective device. To update it:
- Open the Google Play Store app > Tap on the hamburger menu icon.
- Tap on My Apps & games > Check whether the WhatsApp game update is showing or not.
- Just tap on the Update button of WhatsApp and wait for it to install.
- Once done, reboot the device to apply changes.
For iOS (iPhone):
- Open the Apple App Store application on the iPhone.
- Now, tap on the Profile Picture icon from the top-right corner.
- Scroll down a bit to see which apps are available for update.
- Check whether the WhatsApp game update is on the list or not.
- If the app is there, then make sure to tap on the Update button.
- Wait for the installation process to complete > Check for the WhatsApp video call issue again.
- Fix: WhatsApp QR Code Not Loading or Working
- Fix: WhatsApp Web Not Syncing
- How to Permanently Delete or Deactivate Your WhatsApp Account
- Fix: WhatsApp Your Phone Date Is Inaccurate Error
5. Check Free Storage Capacity
Low storage space can be one of the primary reasons behind the video call blur issue on the device. Eventually, your phone performance becomes laggy and prone to blurry video calling or crashes in some cases. Head over to the Settings menu on the device and check if the free storage space is left enough or not. If in case, there is not enough space left, make sure to clear out storage.
6. Ensure Enough Lighting Condition
It’s also highly recommended to ensure there is enough lighting condition in the room or office or even in the outside surrounding so that your device camera can capture enough light while video calling on WhatsApp.
7. Turn Off Less Data for Calls
WhatsApp offers an integrated option to use lower data while calling someone via the app itself. By default, the feature should be turned on, and you’ll need to disable it manually. Though this specific feature help to save the internet data usage up to some extent (mobile data), it’ll basically cause low-quality voice calling or video calling. The fidelity of the camera while doing video calls on WhatsApp will go down to save the internet. So, you’ll have to turn it off.
- Launch WhatsApp > Tap on the three-dots icon (cogwheel icon).
- Go to Settings > Tap on the Storage and Data option.
- Now, Turn Off the Use less data for calls option.
8. Contact WhatsApp Support
If none of the methods worked for you, make sure to contact the WhatsApp support center and tell them about the issue. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Launch WhatsApp > Tap on the three-dots icon (cogwheel icon).
- Go to Settings > Tap on Help.
- Tap on Contact us > Make sure to describe your specific issue in the field.
- Tap on Next to submit it. Mostly, you will get the possible solutions or the team will contact you soon.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.