Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is a 2020’s first-person shooter video game that has been developed by Treyarch and Raven Software & published by Activision. Although there are multiple bugs and errors triggering issues to the COD players quite often, it seems that several Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War players are encountering the Fatal Error Crash on Windows 11/10 computer while trying to launch the game. It’s now one of the major issues.
So, the particular fatal error crash or the error code 887a0005 on the PC leaves COD BOCW players unable to access the game unexpectedly. Meanwhile, we should also mention that Season 5 Reloaded has recently been released which also increases the number of issues among players. Now, if you’re also one of the victims to encounter such an issue then make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide to fix it. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
Fix: Microsoft Word Crashing on Windows 11
Will COD Warzone, Black Ops Cold War, or Modern Warfare Work on Windows 11?
Fix: Black Ops Cold War Stuck on Compiling Shaders
Fix: COD Black Ops Cold War Crashing Error Code 0xc0000005
Fix: COD Black Ops Cold War Stuttering, Lags, or Freezing constantly
Fix Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War Fatal Error Crash on Windows 11/10
This is one of the known errors among Call of Duty players and Activision is aware of this issue. The team is investigating it and until a patch fix arrives, you can check out some of the possible workarounds below that should gonna help.
1. Update Graphics Drivers
It seems that your graphics driver becomes outdated and somehow the game is conflicting with it while launching. It’ll eventually trigger multiple issues with the game startup. Make sure to check for graphics driver update and then install the update.
- Press Windows + X keys to open the Quick Link Menu.
- Now, click on Device Manager from the list > Double-click on Display adapters.
- Right-click on the dedicated graphics card that’s active.
- Next, select Update driver > Choose to Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, the system will automatically download & install it.
- Once done, restart the computer to apply changes immediately.
2. Close Background Running Apps
If in case, your PC struggles to launch or load the game and you’re feeling that there is a load on the system resources then make sure to close the unnecessary background running tasks on the PC by following the steps below:
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab > Select the task that you want to close.
- Once selected, click on End Task. Make sure to do the steps for each task individually.
- Once done, just restart your computer to change effects immediately.
3. Scan and Repair Game Files
Sometimes a corrupted or missing game file on your Windows PC can cause several issues with the game launching. It may trigger fatal errors or not launching issues whatsoever. If you’re also feeling the same, then make sure to follow this method to automatically repair installed Black Ops Cold War game files. To do this:
- Open the Battle.net client on your computer > Head over to the Library and click on COD BOCW.
- Click on Options > Select Scan and Repair > Choose to Start Scan.
- Wait for the process to get completed and then you’ll be able to play the game properly.
- Finally, make sure to reboot the PC to apply changes immediately.
4. Update Windows
An outdated Windows version can cause multiple issues with the game files or other programs to launch properly. You should always upgrade your Windows system to the latest version.
- Press Windows + I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Now, click on Update & Security > From the Windows Update section, click on Check for updates.
- If there is an update available, you can click on Download and Install.
- Wait for the process to complete the installation.
- Once done, make sure to reboot your computer to apply changes.
5. Disable Hardware Accelerated GPU
According to some players, disabling the hardware-accelerated GPU option in the game menu can improve gameplay and reduce startup crashing or fatal errors. To do that:
- Launch the Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War game via Battle.net > Click on in-game Settings.
- Go to System > Click on Display > Scroll down to Graphics Settings and click on it.
- Now, make sure to turn off the ‘Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling’ option.
6. Disable Ray Tracing
Disabling Ray Tracing in the game menu can reduce the GPU load. You can also try it out. To do this:
- Launch the COD: BOCW game via Battle.net > Open in-game Settings.
- Click on the Graphics tab > Under Ray Tracing, make sure to disable all three options.
- Once done, save the changes and relaunch the game to check for the issue.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.