As the Call of Duty: Warzone game is available for all the major platforms like Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, most of the players are facing issues with the game launching, dev errors, crashes, can’t connect to the network, other bugs, and more. However, plenty of PS4 players have recently reported that they’re facing a high latency rate in the COD Warzone game which slows down the gameplay or most of the time causing killed by someone else. So, here we’ve shared with you some steps to fix Call of Duty Warzone latency issue in PS4.
To recall, latency is the response rate or timing or even you can say delay between your action and the result that you can see or vice-versa. So, in a simple word, if you see someone in front of you and due to the higher latency rate of your respected server, you get delayed to shoot that person on time. But on the other side, due to the lower latency rate, another person takes quick action on you and guess what. You will be downed quite easily due to the response timing.
So, the lower latency rate and display refresh rate plays a major role in online gaming, especially for battle royale games. Now, as you’ve understood the primary reason for not performing well in the gameplay, let’s follow the possible workaround below.
How to Fix Call of Duty Warzone Latency issue in PS4
- From the PS4 console interface, go up and head over to the Settings menu.
- Go to Network option > Select Test Internet Connection to check whether the network connectivity is up and working fine.
- Once checked the connection type and speed details, go back to the previous page.
- Select Set Up Internet Connection > Select Use Wi-Fi or Use a LAN Cable according to your connectivity.
- Once selected, choose Custom > Choose Wi-Fi network if selected Wi-Fi or choose an ethernet connection.
- Select Automatic for IP Address > Choose Do Not Specify for DHCP Host Name.
- Select Manual for DNS Settings > Choose Primary and replace the existing DNS address with 18.104.22.168 and replace the Secondary DNS address with 22.214.171.124 and select Done.
- Select Next > Choose Automatic for MTU Settings > Select Do Not Use for Proxy Server.
- Finally, select Test Internet Connection.
- Now, the actual speed may vary for the first test. So, go back and select Test Internet Connection again to actually understand the speed.
- That’s it. We assume that now you’ve much faster download and upload speed than earlier.
We hope you’ve found this troubleshooting guide pretty useful. For more queries, feel free to ask in the comment below.